Question for those who have visited resorts from off site recently - We are planning to have breakfast at Pop on an upcoming trip but aren't staying at Disney and do not even have Disney tickets for the parks. How are they handling that recently? I know in the past pre-covid it was never a problem for us but I also know that recently people were not let in. Are they relaxing that somewhat now?
It’s been hit or miss but it’s definitely possible you won’t be allowed in. They are trying to prevent people parking at a resort to avoid parking fees at the parks. And with Pop not having a sit down restaurant where you can get an ADR, you definitely might not be allowed in.

Jungle Cruise - posted line 50 minutes. Moved very slowly. About 20 minutes in the posted line went up to 70 min. This was our only bad experience of the day. The line absolutely creeped along, and we watched a ton of people come through the "special FP line" and go right to the front and board. They were not with tour guides and this is not a child swap ride so we could not figure out why so many people were getting in this line but it was large party after large party. This was entirely separate from the disability line that boards in a separate spot where the boats pull up earlier. But that was an issue too. Between the large parties boarding through the disability entrance, and then the many special FP line groups, I would say the regular line was getting about 1/3 of the available capacity on the ride. The line just barely moved. After 70 minutes we were not close to the front and we were about to miss our ADR for Liberty Tree. We asked if they could call the restaurant to tell them. Instead they gave us a recovery FP and we were able to go to lunch and return.

So was the recovery FP a paper FP just for Jungle Cruise? Was it good only for that day? So did you end up going through the FP line to ride Jungle Cruise?

Staying at Jambo in a few weeks- wondering how it is there currently. Mostly busses, food and pool. Any advice?
Just finished an 8 day stay at Jambo. First bus to DHS was 7:41, AK was 6:57, not sure on Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Bus info on the app was very accurate. Always got a seat on first bus in the morning. Had to wait a couple times at closing for a second bus. Overall busses were good. Did mobile order from Mara for dinner a few times. Food was good, limited choices. Lunch options at the pool bar were very limited. We mostly got lunch at the park. Pool not crowded at all. Was closed one day for scheduled maintenance. We went to the pool at Kidani- it was more crowded but no problem getting chairs. Shuttle over was easy.

We are currently in Animal Kingdom, just wanted to pass along a "Posted Wait Times" reality check.

The Navi River Journey had a standby time of 40 minutes, my MDE app listed 35 minutes, another wait times app listed 30 minutes, we boarded the boat at 21 minutes.

Waiting in line now at Expedition Everest, posted standby time 50 minutes, MDE shows 35 minutes, I'll update when we reach the front.
The end of the line is back past the Nemo auditorium though.
🤪

Not sure if this is the right place but I need help with my nerves. We leave tomorrow morning and I’ve been a huge planner in the past. I knew how to work the Fp system to the biggest benefit. I’m just worried, the only game plan I have is reservations. I’ve checked touring lines for ideas but it really seems like rope drop break and then get a lot done after 4. I’ve been following here to get some ideas on what to do but I’m still not sure. I know I’ll be happy with whatever happens just worried since I feel like I have no plans lol With so many changes happening do I just keep the plan fluid and do what we want 🤷‍♀️

We are currently in Animal Kingdom, just wanted to pass along a "Posted Wait Times" reality check.

The Navi River Journey had a standby time of 40 minutes, my MDE app listed 35 minutes, another wait times app listed 30 minutes, we boarded the boat at 21 minutes.

Waiting in line now at Expedition Everest, posted standby time 50 minutes, MDE shows 35 minutes, I'll update when we reach the front.
🤪
Is there still distancing in place that would stretch the Everest line out so long?

Just finished an 8 day stay at Jambo. First bus to DHS was 7:41, AK was 6:57, not sure on Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Bus info on the app was very accurate. Always got a seat on first bus in the morning. Had to wait a couple times at closing for a second bus. Overall busses were good. Did mobile order from Mara for dinner a few times. Food was good, limited choices. Lunch options at the pool bar were very limited. We mostly got lunch at the park. Pool not crowded at all. Was closed one day for scheduled maintenance. We went to the pool at Kidani- it was more crowded but no problem getting chairs. Shuttle over was easy.
Great- thank you! I've been a little worried as it's our first time staying here, so not knowing what to expect for "normal" times on top of the resort mostly being closed makes it tough! I've been hearing stories about bad bus service from other resorts, so wasn't sure how that was going at Jambo!

Not sure if this is the right place but I need help with my nerves. We leave tomorrow morning and I’ve been a huge planner in the past. I knew how to work the Fp system to the biggest benefit. I’m just worried, the only game plan I have is reservations. I’ve checked touring lines for ideas but it really seems like rope drop break and then get a lot done after 4. I’ve been following here to get some ideas on what to do but I’m still not sure. I know I’ll be happy with whatever happens just worried since I feel like I have no plans lol With so many changes happening do I just keep the plan fluid and do what we want 🤷‍♀️
We’ve been here since 6/4 with 5 park days. I’m a big planner and FP+er too but have really had to go with the flow this trip. It’s been hard to predict when to do things and wait times posted aren’t always accurate. We are not really RD people and found closing the park to be best for us.

You’ll still have a great time! It’s just different. I actually enjoyed seeing the real lines for FOP and Smugglers run since I’ve only ever FP those. We had two DHS days and got BGs both days at 7am. So things are mostly manageable if you let go of the planning and pack your patience and stuff to keep you cool (ish) and hydrated.

🤪
Update....
Expedition Everest was just about spot on. Standby was 35 minutes, we boarded at 32 minutes.

We took an Uber twice in the late afternoon both to the Contemporary and Polynesian for drinks without reservations and both times we were just waved in by the gate security. I was surprised as this was not usually the practice previously, I wasn’t sure if we would be turned away or not.
The drivers both just said “dropping off” and flashed their badges and that was it. YMMV.
I’m guessing it is because you arrived in the afternoon so it wasn’t a problem and, you were going into the resort. What Disney has been trying to avoid is guests who are supposed to be dropped off at the TTC for rope drop, being dropped off at the Contemporary or GF and walking to MK. Resorts are not intended to be used for guest drop off to go to a park.

The best advice I’ve read here is that Rope Drop and evenings are best times for shorter lines.

This was at the MK bus stop **at MK** to go back to Pop.
Yes, we've experienced this too. We've seen them do it both ways and have actually had them direct my mom to the icon leaving MK, instead of going through the line, when the previous 2 nights she was told to go through the line...the inconsistency is really aggravating as my poor mom either feels like other ppl with think she's cutting them in line on purpose or she'll get sternly talked to from a cm telling her not to enter the line...definitely frustrating.

Yes, we've experienced this too. We've seen them do it both ways and have actually had them direct my mom to the icon leaving MK, instead of going through the line, when the previous 2 nights she was told to go through the line...the inconsistency is really aggravating as my poor mom either feels like other ppl with think she's cutting them in line on purpose or she'll get sternly talked to from a cm telling her not to enter the line...definitely frustrating.
Yes, unfortunately we've found the same inconsistency at MK and it makes things challenging for my dad at the end of a long day. It would be much easier if they chose one way or the other and stuck to it.

We’ve been here since 6/4 with 5 park days. I’m a big planner and FP+er too but have really had to go with the flow this trip. It’s been hard to predict when to do things and wait times posted aren’t always accurate. We are not really RD people and found closing the park to be best for us.

You’ll still have a great time! It’s just different. I actually enjoyed seeing the real lines for FOP and Smugglers run since I’ve only ever FP those. We had two DHS days and got BGs both days at 7am. So things are mostly manageable if you let go of the planning and pack your patience and stuff to keep you cool (ish) and hydrated.

Thank you! I guess I have to be like Elsa and let it go! Do you know are there still plexus glass on frozen?

Is there still distancing in place that would stretch the Everest line out so long?
I think part of the long lines is also that you used to have people in the fast pass line and standby line, but now they are all in standby so the lines stretch out longer.

Looks like several rides down at AK currently- shows they are still open for another hour and a half. Wonder if they lost power again?

It’s been hit or miss but it’s definitely possible you won’t be allowed in. They are trying to prevent people parking at a resort to avoid parking fees at the parks. And with Pop not having a sit down restaurant where you can get an ADR, you definitely might not be allowed in.
I was told two weeks ago that security will likely turn people away if they are not arriving through Disney transportation.

It's been raining here today and that's messed with the rides

“Rain” was an understatement… It was raining so hard we rode “Carousel of Progress” 3 times because the monsoon wouldn’t stop… ;-)

With rain and thunder that strong, most outdoor rides shut down for around an hour and that totally messed up the lines and crowds for the rides that still were working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter