• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As of last Sunday they were all still there but no one was really paying attention to them :(.
I'm here right now and the markers are still there. On average, groups are voluntarily creating 2-3 feet of space between each other. I followed the markers because my kids are not vaccinated and people did not seem annoyed with me creating that space between my group and the group ahead of us. I rarely saw a group getting up close to another group.

Today we walked into the Frozen show with no wait (arrived around 10:28 or 10:29 for the 10:30 show). We were in the back three rows of the theatre but had no complaints about the view.
We attended the 11:30 AM Frozen show yesterday and arrived at around 11:15 AM. There were probably 50-75 people of us and still tons of space and people who arrived afterwards.

We walked in torrential rain yesterday from the front of Epcot to Biergarten for dinner. Oh my lord it was wet! Had a very frustrating experience trying to leave. Gondola was down so had to walk all the way to the front for a bus to Pop Century. We didn’t get to our room until 11:30 pm. SO tired today.

getting a late start forHS today but I got up early anyway and got a BG for ROTR. Looks like we will get on at about 1:00 pm. Hoping to get into Dok Ondar’s today too. Virtual queue was totally full 2 evenings ago when we inquired.

Are all the 6’ markers gone in the parks?

No they're there, but like another poster said, people will space out about 2-3 feet in a queue. Most people are pretty mask compliant in the queues for what it's worth.
I left HS to go back to YC and ship my droid but did a u turn on the friendship boat back to HS, we did not even make it halfway to Swolphin bc of lightning. Not your typical afternoon storm over here at all, it’s a bad one and not going anywhere. Skyliner and Crescent Lake guests directed to the bus depot. It’s a doozy of a downpour but had been threatening all day tbh. Feels good lol

We are at BWV (boardwalk side), were resting in our room, and there was one strike of lightning that was insane. I think it hit the water or the dock area on the YC side from what I could tell.

Also, we were in line for Frozen yesterday about 15 min before park close and a group of very loud and obnoxious people were behind us, talking about how they were going to sing and shout all the words to Let It Go on the ride. I got to hear every word of their shouted conversation. And they kept bumping into me (I was at the back of our group).

Finally, I just couldn’t take it anymore and told them to please go ahead of us. They said, “Are you sure?” I said, “Yes, you’re clearly all in a hurry since you keep bumping into me so please, by all means, go ahead of us. Please. Go. Right now.”

They then got to be directly behind the vlogger who was live streaming the entire time in front of us. They ended up in another boat than us, thank goodness.

Same sort of thing happened 2 days ago in the POTC queue. A family of 5 were so close they kept bumping into me. I’d turn around and just look at them. And they’d hang back for a sec and then be right there up my backside a minute later. I did the same thing there too...told them to please go ahead of us. It was much less annoying and less stressful after that.

Also, we were in line for Frozen yesterday about 15 min before park close and a group of very loud and obnoxious people were behind us, talking about how they were going to sing and shout all the words to Let It Go on the ride. I got to hear every word of their shouted conversation. And they kept bumping into me (I was at the back of our group).

Finally, I just couldn’t take it anymore and told them to please go ahead of us. They said, “Are you sure?” I said, “Yes, you’re clearly all in a hurry since you keep bumping into me so please, by all means, go ahead of us. Please. Go. Right now.”

They then got to be directly behind the vlogger who was live streaming the entire time in front of us. They ended up in another boat than us, thank goodness.

Same sort of thing happened 2 days ago in the POTC queue. A family of 5 were so close they kept bumping into me. I’d turn around and just look at them. And they’d hang back for a sec and then be right there up my backside a minute later. I did the same thing there too...told them to please go ahead of us. It was much less annoying and less stressful after that.

I’m sorry for ugly laughing so hard at this but that Frozen situation is like peak annoying guest behavior and them and the vlogger deserved each other tbh. Letting them go ahead of you was definitely the move.

I had a similarly obnoxious guest situation on Rise yesterday. Dad was loudly telling the whole ride to his kid before everything happened. Thank god it was my second ride or I would have been real angry. In general the folk I can’t stand at the parks are the ones who think they/their family are the only ones there. Especially on attractions. Regulars are extra obnoxious with this stuff too—they don’t realize that every single ride they go on might be another guest’s first time. I keep that in mind always and act accordingly.

It’s funny I’ve found that the distancing in lines is so varied. Rode FOP 3 times this week and the spacing markers were completely ignored by all every time. Rode Soarin last night and nearly the entire line was standing on the markers keeping all that distance between parties. I’d say if distancing is important to you, I wouldn’t come because it is so hit or miss.

On the other hand, I’ve found that people are pretty good about masking in the lines and on transport- have seen very, very few noses all week in places where masks are meant to be worn. Was honestly pretty surprised based on other recent reports I’ve read. Only time it was not great was while we were waiting out some of that rain yesterday afternoon crammed into a store in Italy but even there it was just one group.

What rope drop does for you is to allow you to do more than one attraction with a shorter wait. Mickey’s Railway also gets pretty long lines. You could easily knock off all of Toy Story Land and mickey’s Railway by 10:30.

I don’t know when you’re going, but it might be worth your while to whip up a little spreadsheet with wait times around the time you think you might arrive. Do it for 2-3 days to see where the trends are and if it makes sense to miss rope drop.

I’ve been watching wait times closely, but noticed they don’t post them on the app until official park opening time. So I can’t really get a sense of official waits before 9am.
I think we’ll rope drop SDD, if MMRR line is long by the time we get off I’ll save it for night time as it pretty consistently drops significantly later afternoon/evening. We plan on being there for RD, leaving early afternoon, then going back in evening.

We were also awoken at midnight to the Harmonious fireworks (had a surprise front and center view of Spaceship Earth from our Beach Club Villas room). We also saw one of the fountains on earlier that day (June 3rd) at around 11am from the Skyliner, but it was off when we visited later that evening.

On June 2nd we took the Skyliner home from Hollywood Studios pretty close to park closing, and even with the long line they were asking each group if they'd be comfortable riding with another group, and giving a gondola to only one family if that was their preference. They started to ask us and then saw our double stroller and proclaimed we would definitely get one to ourselves 😆 But that was a relief as our 3 year olds were having some crowd anxiety after a year of hardly ever interacting with strangers. My daughter kept telling people "Don't look at me!" when they would catch her eye over my shoulder 🤣

I’m sorry for ugly laughing so hard at this but that Frozen situation is like peak annoying guest behavior and them and the vlogger deserved each other tbh. Letting them go ahead of you was definitely the move.

I had a similarly obnoxious guest situation on Rise yesterday. Dad was loudly telling the whole ride to his kid before everything happened. Thank god it was my second ride or I would have been real angry. In general the folk I can’t stand at the parks are the ones who think they/their family are the only ones there. Especially on attractions. Regulars are extra obnoxious with this stuff too—they don’t realize that every single ride they go on might be another guest’s first time. I keep that in mind always and act accordingly.

A few weeks ago on RoTR (my first time), the couple right in front of us was FaceTiming with their grandchildren the whole time, through the pre-shows and the ride itself. It was super distracting!

They were ripping up the distancing markers outside the monorail a couple of weeks ago. Have they just stopped? I noticed Disney has their masks at almost half price online. Think they won't be required much longer once they've sold out.

They were ripping up the distancing markers outside the monorail a couple of weeks ago. Have they just stopped? I noticed Disney has their masks at almost half price online. Think they won't be required much longer once they've sold out.
My non scientific observation this week is that markers are gone from transportation queues (boats, Skyliner, monorail) and outdoor extended queue areas but remain in a lot of attraction lines.

getting a late start forHS today but I got up early anyway and got a BG for ROTR. Looks like we will get on at about 1:00 pm. Hoping to get into Dok Ondar’s today too. Virtual queue was totally full 2 evenings ago when we inquired.

Is Dok Ondar's a shop? Do all stores have Virtual queues or just Galaxy's Edge?

Beautiful and an amazing experience. I had the 80 minute customized massage and my therapist was great. Prices much better than Senses as well. No AP discount but they do offer a DVC discount and there are often Groupons available. I still prefer Senses but I would totally go back to Mandara and plan to if Senses is still not open by our October trip.
Did you need to wear your mask for your massage?

Did you need to wear your mask for your massage?

Mandara requires masks to be worn at all times, but when I was face down on the table my therapist told me I could remove it for that portion of the massage and I did. I tried to keep it on at first but was having too much difficulty breathing. So it was off for that part. I put it back on when I turned over.

Mandara requires masks to be worn at all times, but when I was face down on the table my therapist told me I could remove it for that portion of the massage and I did. I tried to keep it on at first but was having too much difficulty breathing. So it was off for that part. I put it back on when I turned over.
Thanks. That's what I figured. And, once again, thank you so much for sharing so much of your trip with us!

Especially on attractions. Regulars are extra obnoxious with this stuff too—they don’t realize that every single ride they go on might be another guest’s first time. I keep that in mind always and act accordingly.
That's because you behave in a kind and respectful manner. If only everyone did the same.

We attended the 11:30 AM Frozen show yesterday and arrived at around 11:15 AM. There were probably 50-75 people of us and still tons of space and people who arrived afterwards.
I should also add that the Frozen theater is right next to the theater for the short film "Vacation Fun." The film was adorable and fun. When it ended, we slowly walked (everything is slow with my twin four year-olds) over to the Frozen sing-a-long with just the right amount of waiting time. After a hot morning, it was so lovely to sit down, relax, and enjoy entertainment in a dark, cool space.

I should also add that the Frozen theater is right next to the theater for the short film "Vacation Fun." The film was adorable and fun. When it ended, we slowly walked (everything is slow with my twin four year-olds) over to the Frozen sing-a-long with just the right amount of waiting time. After a hot morning, it was so lovely to sit down, relax, and enjoy entertainment in a dark, cool space.
We discovered that too on our last trip. Nice escape from the heat until they bring back more shows.

My non scientific observation this week is that markers are gone from transportation queues (boats, Skyliner, monorail) and outdoor extended queue areas but remain in a lot of attraction lines.
That is true, as I do not remember if there were markers for the Skyliner or the Friendship boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter