• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I understand for most normal ride that this is how it would work but last trip for the Skyliner, DH had to ride in a special scooter cabin that would actually stop so that he could get on. I guess I was wondering if the lines distinguished between the types of cabins on the Skyliner needed. For example, are there separate lines for the regular skyliner cabins and the ones that stop completely?

At all of the Skyliner stops, except Riviera, there is a separate boarding line for those in scooters/wheelchairs. They have a separate boarding area for them where the cabins can actually stop without disrupting the rest of the line. To the best of my knowledge, all of the skyliner cabins are the same. They all have the ability to lift up the seats so a scooter/wheelchair can fit in them.

When is your trip? I wonder if they are working on soonest to latest because mine have not been cancelled.
November 24-29th.
Did get two gift cards so I am happy and was able to make new reservations relatively close to the times...so win/win

True, but that Patrick Warburton safety spiel is still the best part of Soarin'. :earsboy:

537359 537360

At all of the Skyliner stops, except Riviera, there is a separate boarding line for those in scooters/wheelchairs. They have a separate boarding area for them where the cabins can actually stop without disrupting the rest of the line. To the best of my knowledge, all of the skyliner cabins are the same. They all have the ability to lift up the seats so a scooter/wheelchair can fit in them.

We noticed that the skyliner cabins brought into the ECV boarding "spur" all had a Mickey Head decal on the window. I'm not sure if that's only because those are the ones with wheel chocks in them or if perhaps there was a little wider aisle between the seats to accommodate the ECV?

We flew down Saturday morning for an overnight stay at Riviera just to spend the weekend at Galaxy's Edge. Had a fantastic time. We were able to ride everything over the 2 day visit, including RotR, which lives up to the hype. Overall, we had a great visit. The covid protocols were being enforced and most people seemed to be respectful. I was glad to see that. The new material for the Disney masks is way better and a lot cooler and more breathable.

We have a trip booked for June, and there were three things that gave me pause about the new protocols (note: I support the protocols and think Disney seemed to be doing a great job, these just made me think of summer): 1) no eating or drinking in line or while walking around. Some of those lines were long and I admit that I missed being able to just grab a snack or drink and walk around with it; 2) the long lines outside the main queue areas and often positioned in the sun. In summer, that would be particularly miserable to stand in; and 3) No shows (except Muppets), and we didn't do indoor restaurants, which meant very little sitting time. I didn't appreciate how much I needed those breaks where I got to sit down for decent amounts of time. Having a 1.5 hour dinner or sitting for 45 minutes at Indiana Jones really gives my legs a chance to recover.

These aren't dealbreakers, but it does give me some things to think about for the summer trip. With the news of the potential vaccine success, I'm wondering if it will make more sense to delay a bit longer before we go back for the big trip. Like I said, we had a great mini-trip. I'm so glad we went. It was wonderful to be back. Just a few things that I want to give consideration to as we look towards summer.
The way the they’ve set up distancing for the lines with much outside in the direct sun is brutal. We’re from “the high country” in Colorado. Humidity is hardly a word in our vocabulary! No amount of mask wearing at home (and both my daughter and I wear masks most of the day) could have prepared us for mask-wearing in a humidity in a line that’s outside in direct sun. We were there the week of Columbus Day and some of the lines were really, really long (we waited 90 minutes for MMR). Our first day we tried not to drink water in line, and my daughter almost fainted while we were waiting for FEA. After that we made sure we were well hydrated before getting into a line and pulled our masks down quickly as needed for sips of water while in lines. We’re headed back for Thanksgiving, and I’m hoping for some cooler temperatures or cloudy days. Even some rain is preferable to standing out there in 90 degree directly sunlight heat plus humidity! I wish park hours could be extended into the evening when direct sunlight isn’t an issue. That or bring back fast pass!

View attachment 537359 View attachment 537360

We noticed that the skyliner cabins brought into the ECV boarding "spur" all had a Mickey Head decal on the window. I'm not sure if that's only because those are the ones with wheel chocks in them or if perhaps there was a little wider aisle between the seats to accommodate the ECV?

Same here. I also wondered if another difference could be some indicator from below in case of emergency evacuation? They seem the same (physically) as the other cabins otherwise, including the need to give the doors an extra push open to squeeze through.

The way the they’ve set up distancing for the lines with much outside in the direct sun is brutal. We’re from “the high country” in Colorado. Humidity is hardly a word in our vocabulary! No amount of mask wearing at home (and both my daughter and I wear masks most of the day) could have prepared us for mask-wearing in a humidity in a line that’s outside in direct sun. We were there the week of Columbus Day and some of the lines were really, really long (we waited 90 minutes for MMR). Our first day we tried not to drink water in line, and my daughter almost fainted while we were waiting for FEA. After that we made sure we were well hydrated before getting into a line and pulled our masks down quickly as needed for sips of water while in lines. We’re headed back for Thanksgiving, and I’m hoping for some cooler temperatures or cloudy days. Even some rain is preferable to standing out there in 90 degree directly sunlight heat plus humidity! I wish park hours could be extended into the evening when direct sunlight isn’t an issue. That or bring back fast pass!

I'm pretty sure CMs won't say much about a quick sip and replacing your mask. I'm assuming the point of the no eating and drinking in line is to stop the people who were using it as an excuse to keep their masks off.

I'm pretty sure CMs won't say much about a quick sip and replacing your mask. I'm assuming the point of the no eating and drinking in line is to stop the people who were using it as an excuse to keep their masks off.
You may take a quick sip while stationary in a line that is outside. As soon as you pass the entrance there are signs that eating and drinking are not permitted. This changed around a week ago.

You may take a quick sip while stationary in a line that is outside. As soon as you pass the entrance there are signs that eating and drinking are not permitted. This changed around a week ago.

Yes, we were told specifically when we entered the regular line that you could not eat or drink. In the outside overflow lines, they seemed to let you take a sip or bite if you immediately replaced your mask, but that was not true at all times (for example, in the MRR line this past Saturday, the CM told people they had to leave the line if they were eating their cotton candy...maybe they were taking too many bites or something, I don't know...and people with blue milk had to get out of line for Millenium Falcon).

I understand for most normal ride that this is how it would work but last trip for the Skyliner, DH had to ride in a special scooter cabin that would actually stop so that he could get on. I guess I was wondering if the lines distinguished between the types of cabins on the Skyliner needed. For example, are there separate lines for the regular skyliner cabins and the ones that stop completely?

If the lines are very long you'll probably need to wait in the main line until the separation point for the handicap loading area. The split is usually pretty close to the loading area.

You can still have water inside in a queue. At Epcot one of the attractions’ spiels (maybe TT) specifically says “no eating or drinking inside the queue besides water”. Of course this was during FW festival and they might have been concerned about dehydration!

I know a lot of people are resistant to the rules and resenting ther CM enforcing them, if people in general would not abuse rules put in place this wouldn't be necessary.
Common sense says that if masks are required you shouldn't take them off for long periods of time, then people started snapping pics everywhere or snacking and drinking constantly and this brought up the need for stronger wording and enforcement, i can tell you this stronger enforcement is purely for the safety of guest and CM, there's nothing management wouldn't want more than to be flexible but people are still visiting knowing they have the virus, being selfish, so just abide by the guidelines

You can still have water inside in a queue. At Epcot one of the attractions’ spiels (maybe TT) specifically says “no eating or drinking inside the queue besides water”. Of course this was during FW festival and they might have been concerned about dehydration!
Was that since the change that was implemented a week ago?

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this change. It's no problem for us to not drink water inside (or even outside where there's shade). It's standing outside for long amounts of time in direct sun that is really brutal. The only way we (especially my daughter) can tolerate it is by staying well hydrated throughout the wait. Next time we might try bringing along an umbrella to create some shade as well.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this change. It's no problem for us to not drink water inside (or even outside where there's shade). It's standing outside for long amounts of time in direct sun that is really brutal. The only way we (especially my daughter) can tolerate it is by staying well hydrated throughout the wait. Next time we might try bringing along an umbrella to create some shade as well.

We specifically bought a sunscreen umbrella for our September trip and used it off & on while in the lines. It worked well in the rain too. Well worth it And we’ll be bringing it for our December trip.

Posted some of this in the big thread on the Rumors board but wanted to put here too with a little more detail.

Was at DHS yesterday and on the first bus from our resort (CSR), but we were held at temp check (and a fair amount of people in front of us). Once that opened up, we got through very quickly and DD and I waited maybe 20 minutes for MMRR. DD didn't want to ride MFSR and waited by Rise while I walked over to get on that line just before official park open. I was off by around 10:25 and it had jumped up to a 45 min. wait (it was listed as 5 when I got on line, but I waited slightly longer).

It looks they started boarding Rise prior to park opening, but not sure how early. We were group 11 and was called just prior to 10; we had until 10:50 to get there. Rise looked to have a great day yesterday.

After RoTR (awesome! and appeared everything was working), we put in a mobile order at Backlot Express to try some of the Christmas treats (breakfast lol) and it was at Backlot's 11 a.m. opening when we picked up our order. Then we did Star Tours, Frozen, watched calvacades, wandered around, did the Visa magic shot over at Launch Bay and had lunch at H&V at 2:30.

Wait times weren't bad. DD used her DAS three times in total yesterday (two MMRR once afternoon - once at night, and once for Star Tours.) Standby wasn't long starting in the afternoon. We went back to Star Tours (walk on), then also walked on to Aliens and Midway. Did not ride ToT or RnR since DD can't do those rides (or Slinky). While DD was doing MMRR at night I went on Slinky with a posted 40 minute wait around 5:45 pm, I waited 15 maybe? I got off Slinky at about the same time DD was off MMRR.

We stayed until after park close with a 7:15 Oga's reservation but they let us in about 6:55. I saw them take one walk up. It was only one person though, it looked like the CM was going to say no to walk up request until he asked "how many?" I overheard the single party tell the rest of his group he'd catch up with them. So they may or may not be taking smaller groups walk ups depending on capacity at the time.

Overall, DHS felt less busy than it did in mid-August. Not sure if it was a fluke or the BG process has people canceling if they don't get one or if the threat of the rain had to do with it? Maybe a combination of all three.

It did start raining late in the day and that seemed to clear the park out.

Edited to add: The one ride that did seem 60+ minutes all day was MMRR.
What is the Disney Visa Magic shot?

Was that since the change that was implemented a week ago?

Yes. The change happened while I was here. On Wed I took a beer into FOP queue no issues and then on Thursday the signage and spiels changed. The TT spiel was on Saturday.

I’ve had to force myself to stay hydrated. It’s a lot more difficult in the mask, but the CMs are not going to stop you from sipping water as long as your mask goes back on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter