Had to have a ticket issue resolved at HS Guest Relations this afternoon. When I mentioned that the comp ticket they were issuing would not allow me to link it to MDE, thus losing the option I had for getting 60-day Fps in the future...the CM said, "We don't know that Fast Passes will ever resume." Of course, that was just her opinion, I HOPE.

Did Disney announce that they have increased capacity or is their capacity limit the same as July and there are simply more people visiting now?
As stated above, they are not announcing increases. However, they have increased capacity for the past few weeks as evidenced by the “sold out” park pass days suddenly getting lots of availability in all parks. One blog has been tracking this closely and the increases are usually happening on Thursdays. That happened again this week. Columbus Day weekend and week were fully booked for all parks and on Friday all had more availability. In addition to these quiet increases, there are more people coming as well after the room discount and reports of low crowds lured people in. Also as stated above, Disney is going to hit a tipping point and probably on the next few weeks with the school fall break crowds (including me) coming.

Had to have a ticket issue resolved at HS Guest Relations this afternoon. When I mentioned that the comp ticket they were issuing would not allow me to link it to MDE, thus losing the option I had for getting 60-day Fps in the future...the CM said, "We don't know that Fast Passes will ever resume." Of course, that was just her opinion, I HOPE.

Of course it’ll be back. Fastpass tier system allows them to properly use assets. When the park was back to 100%, some of the assets they dumped money in would be a waste.

I I was looking at all the people along with us for miserable waits in direct sun this week. Some of you were there, probably in the same lines, and I was thinking, we are each others’ unwanted crowds. Because of social distancing a big problem is queues are where no one was supposed to have stand, in direct sunlight. By the time you get to the actual standby queue with fans and shade, you’ve been standing for 20 minutes to half an hour in direct sun. It is definitely like the older days before FP.

At DHS, saw the Disney society orchestra and just walked around. The queues are long and the are queues for some of the stores even but the walkways are wide open to social distance in between

As stated above, they are not announcing increases. However, they have increased capacity for the past few weeks as evidenced by the “sold out” park pass days suddenly getting lots of availability in all parks. One blog has been tracking this closely and the increases are usually happening on Thursdays. That happened again this week. Columbus Day weekend and week were fully booked for all parks and on Friday all had more availability. In addition to these quiet increases, there are more people coming as well after the room discount and reports of low crowds lured people in. Also as stated above, Disney is going to hit a tipping point and probably on the next few weeks with the school fall break crowds (including me) coming.

To be fair, even though I agree with you that they are quietly increasing capacity we cannot prove that they aren't "capping" passes early and then releasing more of their inventory later on to encourage people to book other parks instead of DHS.

I I was looking at all the people along with us for miserable waits in direct sun this week. Some of you were there, probably in the same lines, and I was thinking, we are each others’ unwanted crowds. Because of social distancing a big problem is queues are where no one was supposed to have stand, in direct sunlight. By the time you get to the actual standby queue with fans and shade, you’ve been standing for 20 minutes to half an hour in direct sun. It is definitely like the older days before FP.

I always carry a small umbrella for this very reason.

Can anyone give me input on transportation from the Poly or Contemporary to MK? I am trying to figure out where I should eat breakfast to get over to MK the quickest. Is it true the monorail is not running from the POLY in which case I would have to take the boat? Also if the monorail is running from the Contemporary, which is faster, walking to MK or hopping on the monorail? Or boat?

From Contemporary, the walk is so close....

We had a great day at HS today! After reading all the boards, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect and how it would be very different than our usual. We are usually ones to get at least 5-6 FP (and sometimes 10+ at MK) and not really wait in lines more than 20-30 minutes, hopping to another park if it seems too crowded. There were some noses showing and some eating in lines but I never felt unsafe. It was busy, but I wouldn't consider it crowded. There was enough room to move away from others except for when we were first walking in at rope drop. We got done everything we wanted to do and despite the heat, thought most people did well with mask and line marker compliance.

Arrived to the line for the parking lot just before 9 (official park opening 10am). Parked in line for a few minutes and then started moving right at 9am. Through temp check, security (love the walk-through scanners and hope those stay) and the tapstiles by 9:20. Headed straight to MMRR and got in line in front of the stage circling around to the left of the stage. At some point throughout the day they seemed to switch it to the right side of the stage. We got to the doors of the Chinese theater building at 9:58 and stepped aside to let others pass to get our boarding group for ROTR (#57) before walking into the building. Stepped back into line and enjoyed the ride very much. Headed next to slinky dog and in line for that at 10:24. Line was between Ariel and Walt Disney presents and was listed as 85 minutes but we were on after about an hour. Headed next to TSMM which was listed as 45 minutes at 11:35 when we got in line. The line extended down past the Joffrey’s outside of Toy Story Land but we were off TSMM by 11:58. While in line for TSMM, had mobile ordered at Pizzerizzo and headed straight there afterwards. Found the mobile order process there very efficient, better than usual. After lunch, got in line for Muppetvision at 12:45. It was listed at 35 minute wait and we were in the preshow at 1:10. Next went to Star Tours. In line at 1:30 and off at 1:50 but had been listed as a 30 minute wait. Went to MFSR next. Listed at 80 minutes but off within an hour. Heard the announcement at 2:03 that boarding groups were full for the day. Just as we were getting off MFSR at 3:00, our boarding group was called and we were in line for ROTR by 3:10. Finished just around 4 to head back to hotel for a quick swim in the pool before heading to our dinner reservations at 5:20. Hopefully our day at MK tomorrow will be great too!

Last edited:
Yay for some more things for kids coming back (although I do loathe the GF Orchestra is leaving). HS seems the least kid friendly park (and has for a long time) so glad to see more things for my toddler to do!

Are most the the shops in world showcase open or closed ? Heading to wdw on Friday and I’m hoping the spend some time exploring the different countries.

Arrived to the line for the parking lot just before 9 (official park opening 10am). Parked in line for a few minutes and then started moving right at 9am. Through temp check, security (love the walk-through scanners and hope those stay) and the tapstiles by 9:20. Headed straight to MMRR and got in line in front of the stage circling around to the left of the stage.
What are the walk through scanners?

It looked like they added more park passes when they increased the park hours. Which makes sense.

My family has a trip coming up Friday, Nov. 27 through Sunday, Dec. 6. I'm having a great time following along with everything that's being shared, so thanks for all of the information!

The way things have been going the past few weeks -- specifically with increased capacity and the return of some food options and shows/experiences -- causes me to believe that, by the time our trip rolls around, things will be drastically different than they are now. Which also causes me to wonder how long it'll be before FastPass+ returns.

I wouldn't mind if they make some rides Fast pass only - Autopia was like that one summer when I went - saw that the line was short so was going to hop in but there was a sign stating that it was fast pass only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter