I guess I don't understand why you need to go through a different route instead of the main way in. We're staying at the Swan and seeing everyone coming in this way worries me that we may need to leave earlier than planned because of this. Not being snarky, just honestly don't understand the draw when the parks aren't letting people line up anyway.
The swan is great as it has its own built in walking path to HS. The problem is, everyone wants to be first in line and through discussion here have found the walkers are generally the first to get through the temp checks. I can't imagine this is happening at alarming rates each day that would need to worry anyone since everyone's vacation is at different times and there are only so many uber/lyfts available at a time.

For those that have used the walking paths, either through staying at crescent lake resorts or uber/lyfted over to something along the walker paths, how many people are generally lined up in the morning when temp checks open?

The swan is great as it has its own built in walking path to HS. The problem is, everyone wants to be first in line and through discussion here have found the walkers are generally the first to get through the temp checks. I can't imagine this is happening at alarming rates each day that would need to worry anyone since everyone's vacation is at different times and there are only so many uber/lyfts available at a time.

For those that have used the walking paths, either through staying at crescent lake resorts or uber/lyfted over to something along the walker paths, how many people are generally lined up in the morning when temp checks open?

We'll be staying there in December so I'm wondering if more people will go this way then. I'll keep watching and seeing if there's increasing talk of it. Are the walking paths supposed to be for resort guests only or is the rub in the parking availability?

The skyliner beat the cars because we passed them still lined up to get in, and probably beat most of the buses. I would say when we arrived there were probably 40 or 50 people lined up ahead of us at the temp check tents. I don't know if they were all people that had walked, possibly some were from buses. But, it wasn't really a huge deal, once they start moving the lines go quickly.

The skyliner beat the cars because we passed them still lined up to get in, and probably beat most of the buses. I would say when we arrived there were probably 40 or 50 people lined up ahead of us at the temp check tents. I don't know if they were all people that had walked, possibly some were from buses. But, it wasn't really a huge deal, once they start moving the lines go quickly.

Was everyone social distancing or crammed up together?

We'll be staying there in December so I'm wondering if more people will go this way then. I'll keep watching and seeing if there's increasing talk of it. Are the walking paths supposed to be for resort guests only or is the rub in the parking availability?
The walking paths are for anyone. Disney guests and those not staying on Disney property.

We went to HS today. Took a Lyft from Pop at 8:05am to the Speedway, tell the driver to pull through all the pumps and go to the back exit which is across the street from the entrance to the Boardwalk. You have to cross the street without a crosswalk, but there is little Traffic and the sidewalk is right there. We started walking towards the pathway about 8:05 and arrived at the first holding point at 8:15am. There were probably 20 people there. Around 8:45 we were able to start walking to temperature check where we waited about 15-20 min. We were first through the tent, go to the tents on the left side, lines seem shorter there. We arrived at the queue for MMRR about 9:10 And the cast member announced they would not be starting the ride until close to Park scheduled opening time, ugh. We were the 10th people in line.

At 9:30, they opened the doors and we went inside. Made it to the last holding room and waited until 9:50 to get into the loading room. On the ride at 9:52, off at 9:58, stayed in the exit area and got BG 10 for Rise.

We had a much different experience on Tuesday. Railroad was up and running at 9:10am, rode it, walked to SDD, waited about 15 minutes, rode, walked back to Brown Derby area at 9:55, got BG 17.

At HS. We didn't get a BG at 10, but got BG 84 at 2 PM. We got on a little after 5. AMAZING ride. Great day! Just hot. Glad we made ADRs to guarantee a seat inside. People were walking up hoping to join a list, but everywhere was full according to a manager. We mobile ordered dinner from Primo Pattia at the Riveira. It was great.

I had a pretty good day at Animal Kingdom. I drove, so they let me in the parking lot at 7:15 am. I was able to ride every ride, have a snack, eat lunch and walk the trails by noon. By 12:30 people started coming, so I went back to the resort. When I got back people were starting to leave, so I was able to ride some more stuff.

I’m really worried about Saturday at Epcot because last I checked all the buckets were full. If I feel uncomfortable, I’ll just go back to the resort, but who knows... Maybe I’ll be surprised.

The only people who would really know this would be people on boards like this. The other “issue” for us type A planners is we don’t like variables. The skyliner and Uber parking situations have too many variables and inconsistencies.. but I can trust my own walking legs.

We are planning on going Jersey Week (11/4 to 11/8). Is anyone else concerned about the pictures coming out of the parks lately? It seems one of two things, either more people are coming or they are increasing capacity. The pictures show very crowded walkways and I know camera angles can play tricks, but they look pretty crowded. More people, combined with social distancing on the lines, less capacity per ride vehicle and cleaning, the lines are getting longer and longer. Plus still very early park closing and no park hopping. I went from this is going to be great, to this is going to be a disaster. Someone please walk me off the ledge.

We are planning on going Jersey Week (11/4 to 11/8). Is anyone else concerned about the pictures coming out of the parks lately? It seems one of two things, either more people are coming or they are increasing capacity. The pictures show very crowded walkways and I know camera angles can play tricks, but they look pretty crowded. More people, combined with social distancing on the lines, less capacity per ride vehicle and cleaning, the lines are getting longer and longer. Plus still very early park closing and no park hopping. I went from this is going to be great, to this is going to be a disaster. Someone please walk me off the ledge.

I wish I could. I'm getting concerned about our trip Dec 13-21. My husband keeps telling me it's still three months away so a lot of things can happen. We'll be celebrating 2 milestone birthdays and I just hope we can make the best of it!

I walked from BCV to Epcot (tuesday) and HS (Wednesday) last week. I think you are asking about HS specifically. I arrived a little later than planned. Got in temp check line just after 9am. Cars were not in at this point. There was two areas for temp checks. One near the skyliner and one up a bit, off to the left. I chose the skyliner tent and was maybe the 5th or so person in line. Once the cars come in the lines build very quickly. You definitely want to get there before then.

I walked from BCV to Epcot (tuesday) and HS (Wednesday) last week. I think you are asking about HS specifically. I arrived a little later than planned. Got in temp check line just after 9am. Cars were not in at this point. There was two areas for temp checks. One near the skyliner and one up a bit, off to the left. I chose the skyliner tent and was maybe the 5th or so person in line. Once the cars come in the lines build very quickly. You definitely want to get there before then.
Thanks, I was mainly trying to alleviate fears from the poster I quoted who was concerned the pathways would be crowded. I know coming on a site like this where everyone talks about the same thing, it seems like everyone is doing it, but we’re just a small percentage of guests and very few go to the same park on the same days. Definitely helpful to get a better idea from those who’ve done it what the lines up crowds are like prior to temp check opening.

Thanks, I was mainly trying to alleviate fears from the poster I quoted who was concerned the pathways would be crowded. I know coming on a site like this where everyone talks about the same thing, it seems like everyone is doing it, but we’re just a small percentage of guests and very few go to the same park on the same days. Definitely helpful to get a better idea from those who’ve done it what the lines up crowds are like prior to temp check opening.

Yes, thank both of you for explaining it to me!

Not sure this is the best place to post (and maybe it has already been reported). Posting here as there have been many concerns about dining options. I just received a call from San Angel Inn moving us from there for our Oct 7th dinner resv to La Hacienda. Not our favorite but not going to turn it down. He said San Angel will be closed Monday's - Wednesday's, but the shopping and ride would still be open. :sad:

Interesting... I tried to make one at La Hacienda in November and it was grayed out all Mon-Wed... I just looked at 10/7 and it’s grayed out for that date too. San Angel is available all Mon-Wed. Perhaps you wrote your post backwards?

We went to HS today. Took a Lyft from Pop at 8:05am to the Speedway, tell the driver to pull through all the pumps and go to the back exit which is across the street from the entrance to the Boardwalk. You have to cross the street without a crosswalk, but there is little Traffic and the sidewalk is right there. We started walking towards the pathway about 8:05 and arrived at the first holding point at 8:15am. There were probably 20 people there. Around 8:45 we were able to start walking to temperature check where we waited about 15-20 min. We were first through the tent, go to the tents on the left side, lines seem shorter there. We arrived at the queue for MMRR about 9:10 And the cast member announced they would not be starting the ride until close to Park scheduled opening time, ugh. We were the 10th people in line.

At 9:30, they opened the doors and we went inside. Made it to the last holding room and waited until 9:50 to get into the loading room. On the ride at 9:52, off at 9:58, stayed in the exit area and got BG 10 for Rise.

We had a much different experience on Tuesday. Railroad was up and running at 9:10am, rode it, walked to SDD, waited about 15 minutes, rode, walked back to Brown Derby area at 9:55, got BG 17.
I like this idea! So do you walk across the boardwalk parking lot to the sidewalk by the water? I’m trying to remember the details of that area....

I like this idea! So do you walk across the boardwalk parking lot to the sidewalk by the water? I’m trying to remember the details of that area....
No, you cross the street in front of the Boardwalk entrance, get on the sidewalk that parallels Buena Vista Blvd, walk a little bit bit before there is a slight right down the hill to to path to DHS. Turn left and you’ll go under Buena Vista Blvd., to the first checkpoint.

No, you cross the street in front of the Boardwalk entrance, get on the sidewalk that parallels Buena Vista Blvd, walk a little bit bit before there is a slight right down the hill to to path to DHS. Turn left and you’ll go under Buena Vista Blvd., to the first checkpoint.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter