Stuck in line with PP going down. Woman in front of us with mask as chin strap. No CM around so we're going to leave the line. Just be aware that there are a good number of ppl who do this while stuck in lines indoors with no CM's around. We don't feel comfortable confronting a fellow guest about it.

ETA: she finally put it back on so we're staying in line.

Stuck in line with PP going down. Woman in front of us with mask as chin strap. No CM around so we're going to leave the line. Just be aware that there are a good number of ppl who do this while stuck in lines indoors with no CM's around. We don't feel comfortable confronting a fellow guest about it.

I wonder if you just started coughing if they would help remind them to put their mask on

We also had a run in with an overzealous CM. We were sharing a blue milk at SWGE and we had our masks off because we were both actively drinking, sitting by the droids. The CM told us we had to put the masks back on between sips, but we we’re adequately social distanced and we were both taking sips. I wasn’t going to dirty up my masks between sips. You can call me a rebel, but we were about 15 feet from the closest living person.

Also, I found out the relaxation areas open 1 hour after park opening and closes 1 hour before park closing.

We are back from an 11 day trip at Pop Century. We had some crowded days with the holiday and some slower days. I think the crowded days wouldn't have seemed so bad had we had fastpasses and if shows were open to spread out the crowd. It was super hot most of the time. We loved the cavalcades and hope they stay. We didn't miss parades since we don't usually watch those. We probably would have done fireworks if they had them, but it was not a huge deal for us. I was most worried about transportation from what I read here, but I thought it was pretty good. We were always one of the first in line for the buses or skyliner, and were one of the first inside the parks (beating the cars, so glad we didn't Uber). We felt like getting in early was definitely an advantage everywhere, especially DHS, where we could get right on Minnie & Mickey with plenty of time to spare to get a boarding group. I was stressed about that before the trip, but ended up getting group 19 our 1st and 2nd times there and somehow managed to get group 1 on the last day. I also noticed it looked like buses came one right after the other, so I was pleasantly surprised with that. Sometimes they did board more people than they should have. Which brings me to the mask compliance and social distancing, which we thought was not very good. Whether in line for a ride, bus, etc.. you could always look around and see people with masks off or down, eating wherever they wanted, even while walking around. Cast members would usually ignore them, but when they did say something about the masks, the people where rude about it and often needed to be told more than once. A family in the log behind on Splash Mountain all had their masks off while riding and they still got their picture, not sure how that worked. I don't really understand it, it's not that hard and you know it's what you have to do to be at Disney and be safe. There wasn't social distancing at all when leaving rides and when walking through the park. Magical Express going to the airport was also odd, there were no assigned seats and no social distancing. The driver then announced he had 3 too many people on the bus and need 3 people to get off. I think there was still magic, although I did miss a lot of the smells of Disney.

Sorry @yulilin3, was not trying to get off topic. My point was missed above and was trying to indicate those eating in line are not breaking Disney regulations.

"You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing."
Should be stationary. You’re not stationary if you’re in a ride line.

Well off to the airport!
Successful trip and sad to be going home.

Yesterday was DHS and this is how our day went.
-left Pop around 9:05 to drive our rental car. Met with a huge line of cars at the entrance and were parking by 9:20.
-by 9:35 we were in the park and it was CROWDED. 98% of the crowds went straight to MMRR and SDD, so we headed down to ToT and RnR. We noticed that both weren’t letting people into the official queues but some were lining up outside. Once we saw the lines opening we went straight to ToT. We got inside and heard the CM say it’s a dead zone once you get past the preshow room and that if you want a BG don’t keep going. But it was only 9:48 and there was NO ONE in the line. We got off the ride by 9:55 and scoped out a spot for a BG.
-got BG 5 and went right to RnR where it was a walk on
-when we got off RnR our boarding group was boarding so we headed over. By 10:15 we had ridden two rides and already were going to RotR-it was great!
-right as we were checking in for our BG we noticed my step moms band wasn’t on her wrist. Thankfully a CM (who was definitely a higher up) let us go through without needing to scan her band.
-got off Rise by about 11.
-headed over to TSMM. 25 minute posted only about 10 minutes
-virtually walked onto Star Tours
-lunch at Sci fi, didn’t get one of the legit cars which was super disappointing but still love that place
-after lunch we headed back over to TSM which was walk on
-MFSR was a posted 25 and was just about that.
-decided that MMRR probably wouldn’t drop below 60 so we took a chance and the line ended up being about 40. Super cute ride!
-went to lost and found and miraculously retrieved the missing magic band
-walked onto ToT
-walked onto MFSR
-Ogas reservation for 6 pm
-walked around the shops for about 20 minutes then checked into our 50s reservation
-Were back in our room by 830 just in time to watch the kickoff of football season!

I think i was hoping that crowds would be a smidge less throughout the trip but i can’t really complain because we did everything we wanted to, and even some rides twice
Mask compliance was okay overall but expecting 100% compliance is unrealistic. I didn’t feel unsafe and if there were guests not following the rules i would try to distance ourselves from them. We hand sanitized before and after every ride, wiped down surfaces, changed masks frequently, washed hands and held up our end of the bargain! It was super hot so i won’t be coming back in August/September anytime soon.

I did make the executive decision that i probably won’t be going to WDW in 2021 (gasp!) but waiting until December of 22. That way new attractions will be out and we can skip the anniversary year. Will most likely be visiting DLR in July of 2021 though so we will still get our fix.

Should be stationary. You’re not stationary if you’re in a ride line.
The whole time, no. But you are definitely stationary plenty of times in a ride line. There were multiple times (almost every line), where we stopped, I made sure everyone was a good distance around me, I took my mask off and took a sip of water. Don't see it being any different if I replaced that water with a bite of food. Walking and eating throughout the line is different, but I wouldn't say that everyone eating in line is breaking the rules. Plenty of others around me were doing similar things, and I had zero issue with it.

the rules are easily modified to interpretation depending on your specific situation and your level of comfort
In lines there are moments when you might be stationary for more than a minute and distanced enough to take a sip of water, eating a full lunch in line is not part of this situation
Disney cannot have queue monitor CM scattered through out each queue at each attraction so again it's your level of comfort.
When coming Disney has told you through MDE, through the website and through email that you take an inherent risk of exposure to COVID
everyone coming should NOT expect an exposure free experience
It is up to you and you alone to know what is your level of comfort
You will see:
people walking without masks or wearing them improperly
people eating or drinking in queues
people taking off the mask to sneeze or cough
people taking off the mask to take a pic
people getting into your personal space
Disney and al the parks are doing their very best to provide as safe of an experience as possible but it goes both ways

I have told people to step back from me or to pull their masks up if they are next to me in a queue, but you might not be comfortable doing that
None of the theme parks are required visiting destinations so PLEASE think carefully before coming and have realistic expectations

With that lets please go back to the topic of the thread

ETA: she finally put it back on so we're staying in line.

This is a great point for those questioning to go or not to go. This was our downfall. I knew we would not see perfect mask compliance and did not expect it to bother me. But being trapped in situations where people did not respect social distancing, removed masks, in one case coughing, another one sneezing, and not knowing how long we would be there or having any escape route because of our spot in the queue, or because we were on a bus, that was the situation that made me feel I had been reckless in going. Had it not been for those moments, I likely would have come home telling everyone it was an amazing week and they should definitely go. I wish the queues were set up so there is always an escape route if you get stuck in line with a jerk.

How about those who can't / won't follow the rules Disney has not visit? Please stop telling those who want to follow the rules and expect Disney to enforce the rules not to visit. Yulilin3, I'm sure that's not what you thought you were saying but that's how it reads.

Went to Epcot this morning. Got in around 10:45am and went straight to Frozen and we were on in 12 minutes. My husband loves to time stuff. Got an ice coffee at Joffrey’s and a quick tostada while sittting at a bench. Lol Went and rode Soarin with no wait. We then. ate some tenderloin at Canada. My husband went back to the Riviera after that and I hit France. Got my macaron ears! They didn’t have them on Tuesday. They are adorable but rather heavy but it’s all about the fashion anyways. :thumbsup2

At the pool now, going to head back tonight and hopefully get on Test Track weather permitting.

How about those who can't / won't follow the rules Disney has not visit? Please stop telling those who want to follow the rules and expect Disney to enforce the rules not to visit. Yulilin3, I'm sure that's not what you thought you were saying but that's how it reads.

In an ideal world, it would be those who don't follow the rules who stay home. That would be better for more people (particularly cast members and health care providers, because those who are not keeping their masks on are probably more likely to have and spread Covid).

But the more realistic and helpful advice on this board is to warn people that this is going to happen, so for your own sake, be prepared and stay home if it will upset you. No matter how careful *you* are, neither you or Disney can control other people, so keep your expectations realistic.

what I'm saying is not to expect 100% compliance, and if you are going expecting 100% compliance you will be disappointed/stressed
People who can't/won't follow the rules should most definitely not come but you know that some will still come and break the rules

Again lets please move along, the subject of rule compliance is being discussed in the community boards, this one is for just back reports

the rules are easily modified to interpretation depending on your specific situation and your level of comfort
In lines there are moments when you might be stationary for more than a minute and distanced enough to take a sip of water, eating a full lunch in line is not part of this situation
Disney cannot have queue monitor CM scattered through out each queue at each attraction so again it's your level of comfort.
When coming Disney has told you through MDE, through the website and through email that you take an inherent risk of exposure to COVID
everyone coming should NOT expect an exposure free experience
It is up to you and you alone to know what is your level of comfort
You will see:
people walking without masks or wearing them improperly
people eating or drinking in queues
people taking off the mask to sneeze or cough
people taking off the mask to take a pic
people getting into your personal space
Disney and al the parks are doing their very best to provide as safe of an experience as possible but it goes both ways

I have told people to step back from me or to pull their masks up if they are next to me in a queue, but you might not be comfortable doing that
None of the theme parks are required visiting destinations so PLEASE think carefully before coming and have realistic expectations

With that lets please go back to the topic of the thread
Perfectly said!!!!!

We’ve never mobile ordered. With everyone doing it now due to Covid restrictions, how long is the wait between ordering and getting your food?

We’ve never mobile ordered. With everyone doing it now due to Covid restrictions, how long is the wait between ordering and getting your food?
Depends on time of day. At busy times you might have to wait a while, maybe 10 to 15 minutes
Remember if you're planning on eating at heavy times reserve your spot early so you don't have to wait for the next ordering time slot

Usually close to 5 minutes on average once you hit the "I'm here, prepare my food", but yea, not longer than 10 minutes at busier times for me. It's fantastic, it's really all I've used the last several years for QS (the ones that have had it at least).

Usually within 5 minutes but today we did one at Pecos Bill and never got the message saying our food was ready. Turns out the wi-fi is spotty there the CM told us so turning it off works better. Our food sat there ready for probably close to 10 minutes before we found that CM to check for us. A bit crazy in there at lunch time. MK overall was more crowded today though.

We are back from an 11 day trip at Pop Century. We had some crowded days with the holiday and some slower days. I think the crowded days wouldn't have seemed so bad had we had fastpasses and if shows were open to spread out the crowd. It was super hot most of the time. We loved the cavalcades and hope they stay. We didn't miss parades since we don't usually watch those. We probably would have done fireworks if they had them, but it was not a huge deal for us. I was most worried about transportation from what I read here, but I thought it was pretty good. We were always one of the first in line for the buses or skyliner, and were one of the first inside the parks (beating the cars, so glad we didn't Uber). We felt like getting in early was definitely an advantage everywhere, especially DHS, where we could get right on Minnie & Mickey with plenty of time to spare to get a boarding group. I was stressed about that before the trip, but ended up getting group 19 our 1st and 2nd times there and somehow managed to get group 1 on the last day. I also noticed it looked like buses came one right after the other, so I was pleasantly surprised with that. Sometimes they did board more people than they should have. Which brings me to the mask compliance and social distancing, which we thought was not very good. Whether in line for a ride, bus, etc.. you could always look around and see people with masks off or down, eating wherever they wanted, even while walking around. Cast members would usually ignore them, but when they did say something about the masks, the people where rude about it and often needed to be told more than once. A family in the log behind on Splash Mountain all had their masks off while riding and they still got their picture, not sure how that worked. I don't really understand it, it's not that hard and you know it's what you have to do to be at Disney and be safe. There wasn't social distancing at all when leaving rides and when walking through the park. Magical Express going to the airport was also odd, there were no assigned seats and no social distancing. The driver then announced he had 3 too many people on the bus and need 3 people to get off. I think there was still magic, although I did miss a lot of the smells of Disney.
Did you get to DHS an hour before opening or what time to get on M&M pretty fast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter