Oh shoot I'm just seeing this now. My daughter had on a white very in depth mickey and Minnie star wars dress. You might have seen her.

Shoot I think I missed her but her dress sounds amazing! I hope you guys had a great time (our server Nick was awesome!!)

If you’re planning on hitting up Epcot on Friday that’s where we’ll be :drinking1

Slinky Dog Dash!

I have not seen them at our hotel (YC) or in any of the park shops we’ve stopped at (MK Emporium, DHS the big main one) - not to say they aren’t available somewhere but if that’s a concern for you i’d recommend packing some.
Well if you have a car the cvs across from SeaWorld had plenty of lysol spray but its double the price at over 10dollars for one can. The also have plenty of off brand wipes.

Slinky Dog Dash!

I have not seen them at our hotel (YC) or in any of the park shops we’ve stopped at (MK Emporium, DHS the big main one) - not to say they aren’t available somewhere but if that’s a concern for you i’d recommend packing some.
Thanks For the reply , I usually do but last time left an entire Regular size pack in a restroom.. my kiddo has special needs so there is a lot going on most of the day and often I have my backpack of misc items the most parents don’t need to carry. Figured it would be nice to have a backup.

Can anyone tell me is they are selling Clorox to go wipes or any travel size wipes in the shops either in the park or any resorts. It would be nice to know if I run out while in the park I have options vs just sanitizer. A blog stated they were in AKL for 2.49 but not sure if that was one day and gone. Thanks
They are selling travel size wipes and hand sanitizer at MK. I saw them in a few locations. The one I remember most is at the cash register at Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar (Pirates gift shop).

We got group 14 this morning at DHS. I thought the crowds were incredibly heavy this morning. We probably went in the absolute wrong order for rides though. By about 4:30 crowds dearly started to thin out.

We had a fabulous day. Was pleasantly surprised by the mask situation. They seemed to have found a good balance of strict enforcement and reasonableness. It seemed as long as you were sitting at a table you could have your mask off. This was great because there aren't many no mask zones.

I fyi have to say it's not easy finding ice water at dhs. There is no where in you story land to get any. We also really miss having refillable chips like you can get at Sea World and Universal.

We can't wait to go on Ride again next week.
We were at DHS today too znd def felt the am crowds were high - we literally had about 50 ppl waiting for a dhs bus at the Polynesian this morning- it was a bit of a mess because it seems over the LD weekend they were starting things earlier - example we got a epcot bus 1 1/2 hrs before park open on sun and on mon we were at ttc at 805/810 and it was pretty evident we were late to the party,so many ppl were at bus stop 1 1/2 prior to dhs opening today and just ak bus afyer ak bus coming with no dhs bus until a lil after 9...unfortunately by that time it was going to take 3/4 buses to get everyone.
We ended up making it into the park around 930 and got in line for mmrr... we were sweating the time...boarded at 955 and as i was stepping off the ride i was able to get bg 3. We did Slinky with a 35 min wait, then basically walked onto RoR. Then did tot and rnr, both aroind 20 min waits. Had lunch at a packed backlot Express but afyer lunch crowds REALLY thinned out. We ended the night with a 745pm Scifi dinner and walked out of the park to waiting buses that went to wherever ypu were staying - that was really nice. All in all we had a successful day.

I was also at MK yesterday and I'm always surprised by the amount of people that walk around in the rain with their paper/disposable masks on. It wasn't a light sprinkle either. Waterboarding yourself doesn't sound fun. :confused:
Yeah but u can’t take off ur mask just because it’s raining ... correct? There’s not always gonna be a place to escape the rain

Can anyone tell me is they are selling Clorox to go wipes or any travel size wipes in the shops either in the park or any resorts. It would be nice to know if I run out while in the park I have options vs just sanitizer. A blog stated they were in AKL for 2.49 but not sure if that was one day and gone. Thanks
For the first time since February, I saw actual CLOROX wipes being sold, travel size not the big cylinder containers. Oddly enough it was at the little market by Yak and Yeti. We picked up 5 packets because there was no limit and we haven’t seen anything Clorox brand in months where we live.
Otherwise, there is a ton of Germ-X sanitizer available to purchase pretty much in any store on property which we just put on tissues to wipe down when we were in a crunch.

Anyone gotten tested just to be safe when they get back? Going to try to go down in a few months when my work slows down and I can quarantine. Thinking about getting one of those Labcorp kits if I go.

our state requires quarantine unless you can show a negative test within 72 hours. We did not get one while down in FL but both DH and I came down with slight sniffles after the trip back home and we explained that and our trip to WDW to our doctors and both doctors referred us for a test just to make sure. We took the tests about 5 days after returning home, both negative! Because we were referred by our doctors, it didn’t cost us anything.

We just got back from a five-night stay at OKW. Drove from Atlanta on Friday, Saturday at DHS, Sunday at AK, Monday at MK, Tuesday at resort pool and Disney Springs for dinner, Wednesday (today) drove home.

Overall a great trip (as always)! A lot more similar to previous trips than I thought it would be. Disney World is basically the same as it's always been, except that everyone is wearing masks and there's no more FastPass.

The wait times were pretty short. Basically, almost everything was a 20-minute wait all the time. I did not ever experience the parks being "empty;" it usually looked almost as crowded as it has in the past. Some parts were really congested, e.g. at lunchtime in the MK in the small world/Peter Pan bottleneck.

Saturday morning we arrived at DHS parking lot gate around 9:05 and were about 10 cars back. They started letting in cars around 9:15; we were in a slow lane (just one attendant for two lanes), so got through and parked around 9:25, then through temp check, security, and entry quickly and straight to MMRR queue, arriving around 9:35. The CM said it was about a 55-minute wait, which ended up being right. The line didn't start moving until 9:45. We were outside and three of us went for the ROTR boarding group at 10; I think my son had fastest fingers and got us BG #9! Which ended up actually cutting it a bit close; we were called while still in the MMRR queue and were worried about missing it, but ended up with about 20 minutes to spare. So we did MMRR (~1 hour wait, including before ride opened), ROTR (about 15 minute wait), MFSR (posted 30 but actually about 45, got stuck in a cleaning cycle), SDD (20 min), then lunch at 1:20 at Brown Derby (delicious), then Tot and RnRC (each about 20 min), then TSMM and Alien Saucers (each walk-ons), then our Oga's reservation (disappointed that we had a standing table w/ no chairs - wasn't much of a break), then some Galaxy's Edge souvenir shopping, then my daughter's Droid depot appt, and my other kids and I rode Star Tours twice, about 5 min wait each. We left around 5, having done every ride, plus Star Tours twice, plus a nice lunch and drinks at Oga's.

Sunday morning we arrived at AK parking lot around 7:30, went straight through, and were in the FoP queue by 7:45. Basically walked straight through the queue then waited about 5 min in the loading area. Then Na'vi river (about 15 min wait), Safari (5 min), Kali River (walk-on - no water), Everest (25 min), Dinosaur (25 min), and Triceratops (walk-on). Then it was 11am, and we had already done all seven rides in the park! We shopped a bit then had an early lunch at Tiffin's. Afterwards we decided to do one more ride on FoP, and it was just about a 25-minute wait. By then it was hot as blazes, and I wanted to stay longer to do the animal trails but no one else did, so we left around 1 or 1:30, having done every ride plus FoP twice. It rained most of the rest of the afternoon so I'm glad we left.

Monday morning 8:00 at the MK parking lot gate, let us in right around 8:00, ferry boat across then in the Mine Train queue by about 8:35. It was already running; we waited 30 min. Then Big Thunder (walk-on), Splash (20 min), Pirates (15 min), Jungle Cruise (20 min - cleaning cycle), Dole Whip break (no wait! - mobile order), Haunted Mansion (20 min - including an interminable 10 min without moving, presumably a cleaning), small world (20 min). Then monorail to Contemporary for lunch at Contempo cafe, back to the park a couple hours later (about 3pm). Barnstormer, Dumbo (got rained on), Teacups, all walk-on, then Space Mtn twice, about 5 min wait each time. Then the family left but I stayed on; the rain and clouds brought the temps down a lot and it wasn't raining anymore. Did Buzz (5 min), astro orbiter (15 min), Sorcerers for about 15 minutes, Swiss treehouse, Hall of Presidents, which let out perfectly right as the "Rainy Day Cavalcade" was coming through Liberty Square. Left around 6pm on the bus. That made about 15 rides, plus a few other attractions, and a 2-hour out-of-park lunch break, from 9-6.

So I would call that a pretty good trip! Wearing the face masks didn't bother me so much. The heat was horrible, true, but I don't think the masks really made it that much worse (maybe 1% worse). We usually park hop, but after this trip I might give that up. I liked focusing on just one park, taking a break via a sit-down air-conditioned lunch, and finishing early-ish. We aren't much for fireworks or parades either. I was really impressed with all of the meals we had (Brown Derby, Tiffins, Contempo, and Frontera at DS). We had a kitchen at OKW so cooked most breakfasts and dinners. Kind of getting nostalgic or whatever that our kids won't be kids forever! (They're now 8, 10, and 13.)

Can't wait to come back! Maybe next summer; I'm curious about how things will look by then.
Great review! But it looks like u didn’t use busses from OKW. Is there a reason for that? We’re getting there tomorrow for 5 nights and even though we’ll hv a car, was hoping to use the busses thx!

Another great day today, this time in MK. Did 5 attractions before our 11:40 lunch at Skipper Canteen, a reservation we grabbed last minute while in line for Jungle Cruise since we didn't eat breakfast before leaving the hotel this morning. We were able to do everything we wanted today with very minimal waits. The craziest was HM listed at a 50 minute wait that turned out to be just a long walk on - line wrapped down along the water but never stopped moving. Storms moved in and the rain stuck around most of the evening. We left MK around 5:30 and headed to the Grand Floridian via the monorail. Poked around a bit there and agree that the lobby feels like the one in ToT especially with the music loop going. Barely any people inside, no flower arrangements in the vases, no pianist, etc.

Went to Disney Springs this evening and were very pleasantly surprised to see excellent mask compliance up until we were leaving when a girl and her boyfriend walked by with masks around their chins. She proceeded to sneeze not once, not twice, but three times then put her mask back on. Lovely. We weren't very close to her and neither was anyone else luckily. Had an excellent dinner at The Polite Pig prior to that and went into World of Disney and the Co-Op. Definitely a good number of people around that area tonight with the parks closing early but overall we felt safe.

Hoping the weather will hold tomorrow for our skyliner resort tour after AK closes... if not we will still check out the Riviera via bus from AK!

Anyone gotten tested just to be safe when they get back? Going to try to go down in a few months when my work slows down and I can quarantine. Thinking about getting one of those Labcorp kits if I go.

I have to get tested when I return home and receive a negative result before I can return to work. I will post my experience with that next week. Feeling great though and hoping to stay that way. This trip has been a much easier pace which has kept me from feeling as tired and run down as I normally do at the tail end of a Disney trip.

our state requires quarantine unless you can show a negative test within 72 hours. We did not get one while down in FL but both DH and I came down with slight sniffles after the trip back home and we explained that and our trip to WDW to our doctors and both doctors referred us for a test just to make sure. We took the tests

sadly my state doesn’t let you do that but I get a few weeks off of work for Christmas. May just take my trip before that so I can quarantine when I get home. The test would just be for personal knowledge to make myself feel better hah.Thanks for your input!

As everyone has said, universal is fabulous on weekdays. Yesterday we got to the park around 7:45 and were let in immediately. We walked on to:
-gringotts
-men in black
-transformers
-rip ride rock it
All before 9:45. That also included us spending basically the entire extra hour in diagon alley shopping, doing spells and getting butter beer.

We skipped despicable me unfortunately because the wait was posted 45. We probably could’ve done it as the first attraction of the day but we have big Harry Potter fans in our party and some that hadn’t ridden gringotts so that was our priority.

The longest wait of the day was the hogwarts express. At 9:55 it was already posted 45. Actually was about a half hour since every party gets their own car.

Got over to IoA and proceeded to do:
-hagrids walk on (posted 35)
-forbidden journey walk on (posted 10)
-kong walk on (posted 20)
-dudleys twice in a row with a 5 minute wait
-Popeyes twice in a row with a 5 minute wait
-Spider-Man walk on (posted 10)
-hulk walk on (posted 15)
-back to hagrids before the rain pulled in. It took about 10 minutes to walk the queue only really stopping once or twice. We got on just as they were making an announcement the ride may be delayed for weather. We went in the rain and it was fun! Albeit a bit painful at times lol
-went to voodoo doughnuts and back to our hotel by 4:30.

Super successful day and I’m so happy we got to experience the short crowds since our Saturday was horrible.

I would say mask compliance was good but we were never in queue with anyone..the times we did have to stop in line near somewhere there were a few nose peekers but as always we kept our distance. And i do like how universal hand sanitizes EVERYONE before getting on an attraction.

Oh that all also included an hour lunch at Mythos. It’s one of our favorites and we go every year. They sat our party of 8 twenty minutes before our reservation which was amazing and in the large room overlooking the lake and hulk. The meal was yummy as always and our server was fantastic!

Today is our last day at DHS!

We were at DHS today too znd def felt the am crowds were high - we literally had about 50 ppl waiting for a dhs bus at the Polynesian this morning- it was a bit of a mess because it seems over the LD weekend they were starting things earlier - example we got a epcot bus 1 1/2 hrs before park open on sun and on mon we were at ttc at 805/810 and it was pretty evident we were late to the party,so many ppl were at bus stop 1 1/2 prior to dhs opening today and just ak bus afyer ak bus coming with no dhs bus until a lil after 9...unfortunately by that time it was going to take 3/4 buses to get everyone.
We ended up making it into the park around 930 and got in line for mmrr... we were sweating the time...boarded at 955 and as i was stepping off the ride i was able to get bg 3. We did Slinky with a 35 min wait, then basically walked onto RoR. Then did tot and rnr, both aroind 20 min waits. Had lunch at a packed backlot Express but afyer lunch crowds REALLY thinned out. We ended the night with a 745pm Scifi dinner and walked out of the park to waiting buses that went to wherever ypu were staying - that was really nice. All in all we had a successful day.
Nice. We drove in and they didn't open the parking booths until 9:15. I was definitely anxious. We didn't go on any rides until after getting our boarding group. I was just too nervous about it. We will ride something rigid away next time. Really hoping next week is quiet.

we are heading to Aquatica today. My kids are excited for a mask free day today.

We saw some at the Kidani gift shop about a week ago on the counter.

Just came back home from MK
Leisurely walked t FL by 10 gad done IASW, Pooh, Tea Cups and Buzz, could've done PP. 7DMT was at 30 min when I walked past. Dumbo and Barnstormer were walk ons as well
did you get the corn dog nuggets? :flower:

The only place I noticed them was in AK at the Rainforest Cafe gift shop.

Just finished our trip 9/5-10 staying at Pop. It was a great trip. Not many issues with mask noncompliance other than a few families here and there. The notable exception was a family on safari 2 rows in front of us (they boarded every other row both times we rode). They were eating the whole ride with masks off. The driver told them to pull them up a couple of times but apparently gave up. I thought eating in that ride should be a no-no to begin with but I don’t know. We did Epcot on Sat and started in world showcase since we took the skyliner over (which was a pain from pop coming and going - insanely long lines at the transfer station and leaving Epcot). By the time we were done in world showcase around 5 it was significantly more crowded but we really didn’t have to wait in lines for festival food and frozen was 20 min or so when posted 50). Lines really short in future world except test track because we hit a cleaning cycle. MK on Sunday was definitely crowded but ride wait times were good. We didn’t get to do 7D because it stormed every time we got in line. We also skipped dumbo and Astro orbiter. We arrived at hall of presidents 2 times 1 min late so we didn’t get to do that either. All lines were shorter than posted except carousel and space. Space was prob the worst line of the trip. We literally wound our way all through Tomorrowland in brutal sun. We hit a cleaning cycle which nearly melted is from heat. Oddly once we got inside there was no line down the long ramp at all until we hit the queues near the boarding area. One side was only for what I assume is DAS so the entire crowd was only being out on the other side. We had a 6:45 BOG dinner and visualized ourselves walking out of an empty MK. That happened but it was in pouring rain lol. Tuesday we did studios and it was it’s typical busy self - we did runaway railway which we loved pre park open. We were lucky they Merged us at the Caribbean beach skyway station instead of making us pop peasants go behind the CBR guests. Anyway we were well into the slinky line when we got boarding group 26. Because of a rise downtime our boarding group ended up at the same time as our sci fi lunch to the minute. We were told to eat lunch then return. We were late for our time (about an hour and 10 min) but they didn’t say anything so I guess there is some leeway. I noticed it was closed near the end of the day and lots of people sitting near there hoping it would come up. Felt bad for them. All other lines weee shorter than posted that day. Last we did AK yesterday with the new shortened hours. Lines were longer than anticipated but shorter than usual times. We did every single thing in the park at least once except the dinosaur spinner ride. FOP was our longest wait. We had to wait 40-44 min the first time and 25 around 4:15 which made us late to yak and yetti 4:45 reservation. We ran to it and made it before 5 and they said it was fine as long as we made it before close. The surprise was we had $50 on our Landry card so we are free. Luckily I remembered to tip the waitress - I was so tired I actually almost forgot. Also the biggest thing was the happy cast members. They were so extra nice and friendly and thanking us for coming a lot. Never ran into a single one who wasn’t truly over the top friendly and nice. They made the trip amazing. I felt safe the whole time because even with people removing masks we really were almost never close to anyone more than briefly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter