It's other guest behavior. I experienced this on a weekend trip with other guests in our hotel. Elevator capacity = 4 wearing masks. Yet, sometimes there would be 8 or 9 people getting off or trying to fit in. I avoided and took the stairs.
During our trip to Disney a couple of weeks ago, I found that people were very good about respecting the elevator capacity limits at the resorts. The only time someone else was in the elevator with DH and I was once at BWV when a Bellman asked if it was OK if he joined us. We said yes without hesitation. He was very grateful. I can only imagine what their days must look like having to wait for an empty elevator all the time.

Gastons has reopened. I’m not sure if that’s just temporary for the holiday weekend or not. Also the big crowds are back again for the weekend. (Very little distancing walking around, much longer lines)

Gastons has reopened. I’m not sure if that’s just temporary for the holiday weekend or not. Also the big crowds are back again for the weekend. (Very little distancing walking around, much longer lines)
It was announced a few days ago that Gaston's would be re-opening today (part of an announcement for other dining locations as well). I had assumed that would not be for just this weekend.

Has anyone figured out the a cleaning schedule yet? Is there away to know if they will clean shortly or have started cleanly so you can avoid those lines?
I asked the same thing a while ago, but at that time it didn't seem that anyone knew...I'd be interested to know as well :)
and still no one knows :D

Yes we do know, actually. If you see me getting in line for an attraction, it's about to be cleaned. :rolleyes:

Here now. Tuesday through yesterday = all great. Today? Well, Disney dropped the ball with increased capacity for the holiday weekend. No enforcement on masks, people eating and drinking in line. Lots of people not respecting social distancing. Lines are long, waits are miserable, and we got stuck in RotR queue for an hour with people who took their masks off.

Cancelling AK reservations for tomorrow in about one minute (driving home tomorrow and with the crowds we decided not to sneak in a few more hours and just have a pool morning) ....go grab ‘em if you can!

Last edited:
Here now. Tuesday through yesterday = all great. Today? Well, Disney dropped the ball with increased capacity for the holiday weekend. No enforcement on masks, people eating and drinking in line. Lots of people not respecting social distancing. Lines are long, waits are miserable, and we got stuck in RotR queue for an hour with people who took their masks off.
Yeah, having been here from last weekend until today we noticed the same. During the week is pretty nice and relaxing, behaviors and crowds suck on the weekends. (Sorry to hear you got stuck in a line like that btw)

Yeah, having been here from last weekend until today we noticed the same. During the week is pretty nice and relaxing, behaviors and crowds suck on the weekends. (Sorry to hear you got stuck in a line like that btw)
That describes our experience from 1st week in Aug. Mon-Thurs, RELAXING is the right word - man I never would have guessed that about a WDW trip. Friday at MK was different - that was the only time we saw anyone argue with a CM about masks. Still, even that was pretty chill. Sounds like this w/e is another story.

Are the shops on MK with costumes open? Pondering a modified dress up since CRT is opening.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday all were fantastic. So many short lines, people were following rules, cast members were on top of everything. It was just so different today.

Seems all of the COVID threads have been diluted with political opinions.
My family has been tested 2x in the last 8 weeks and is COVID-Free.
We have stayed home, had all of our items delivered or done curbside. I have been inside a store or doctor's office 3x in 6 months.
I am so eager to bring my 14 & 17-year old for 1.5 days to experience some enjoyment. They deserve it. We had plans booked for 5 days in March when this all hit. We are all healthy although I have asthma.
I have my N95/N99 masks along with Purell and gloves.
Can I please get first-hand accounts of visitors from the last couple of days? I expect this weekend to be busy but knowing kids and people are back to work Tuesday I figured if we could get a few rides in Monday afternoon at Epcot and some delicious food it would be so nice. Then my expectation is Tuesday the 8th MK will be dead. Thoughts on this? Staying in my first hotel too the JW Marriott at Bonnet Creek one night. I am not going to lie - I AM SCARED.

Based on what you said, I‘d recommend you don’t go.

Facing your Fears and riding a roller coaster at an amusement park with a good safety record is one thing.

Being Scared and going to a place with people from all over the country during an outbreak of a new disease with no known treatment is another.

Let’s say WDW doesn’t survive economically and closes forever. You didn’t go this weekend. End of the world (not the park) for you?

One of your kids gets sick or dies after this trip - are you going to forgive yourself for making the decision that you just HAD to go now instead of 6 months, one or two years - or after treatments and vaccines exist?

Where I’m coming from (mindset)

I have a week scheduled at WDW two weeks from now. If there’s no big change in conditions I will be there - and again in early November (replacing a Disney Cruise).

I spent over four years going nowhere (Other than driven to the doctor or two hospital stays) due to an auto-immune disease. Last December, I was able to resume travel and visited St Thomas, January to Orlando, Feb a Carnival Cruise, and March was Hawaii. While in Hawaii, they started their shutdown. When I left, they began quarantines for new arrivals.

I go to the grocery (at least twice weekly), Walmart and most Scheduled doctor’s visits throughout these times. Wearing a mask and doing the social-distancing dance in stores. You would think we were Canadians as polite as most people are when shopping.

Last month, my sister (who has only ventured out to the office very few times this summer) and I drove to Hilton Head for a week in a timeshare. Great social distancing at the beach. Timeshare elevators were one family only at a time.

I still feel fine and think I have not acquired the virus.

I live in Alabama, a state high on the list of % cases per population, but in a city with it better under control. I practice virus safety and do not participate in high-risk activities or in high-density/ long-time exposure locations.

Last edited:
Based on what you said, I‘d recommend you don’t go.

Facing your Fears and riding a roller coaster at an amusement park with a good safety record is one thing.

Being Scared and going to a place with people from all over the country during an outbreak of a new disease with no known treatment is another.

Let’s say WDW doesn’t survive economically and closes forever. You didn’t go this weekend. End of the world (not the park) for you?

One of your kids gets sick or dies after this trip - are you going to forgive yourself for making the decision that you just HAD to go now instead of 6 months, one or two years - or after treatments and vaccines exist?

Where I’m coming from (mindset)

I have a week scheduled at WDW two weeks from now. If there’s no big change in conditions I will be there - and again in early November (replacing a Disney Cruise).

I spent over four years going nowhere (Other than driven to the doctor or two hospital stays) due to an auto-immune disease. Last December, I was able to resume travel and visited St Thomas, January to Orlando, Feb a Carnival Cruise, and March was Hawaii. While in Hawaii, they started their shutdown. When I left, they began quarantines for new arrivals.

I went to the grocery (at least twice weekly), Walmart and most Scheduled doctor’s visits throughout. Wearing a mask and doing the social-distancing dance in stores. You would think we were Canadians as polite as most people are when shopping.

Last month, my sister (who has only ventured out to the office very few times this summer) and I drove to Hilton Head for a week in a timeshare. Great social distancing at the beach. Timeshare elevators were one family only at a time.

I still feel fine and think I have not acquired the virus.

I live in Alabama, a state high on the list of % cases per population, but in a city with it better under control. I practice virus safety and do not participate in high-risk activities or in high-density/ long-time exposure locations.
I completely agree with your post.
We have been here (@ wdw) for over 10 days, if anyone is afraid of coming in contact with a person not from your family don’t waste your time or money. I say that because you can only control you, you can’t control anyone you come into contact with, you cant control who used the bathroom stall right before you or who sat in the seat you are about to sit in (attraction or dining). Disney is doing a great job cleaning, we have hit many cleaning cycles and got to watch them clean train cars/boats as well as railings and seats, however there are still germs here. We brought a variety of mask and most were unbearable in the parks. Each day we have been in the area where someone has coughed or sneezed in our presence, we have passed by unmasked people.
We extended grace and mercy during rain, thunder and lightning. We witnessed multiple occasions where cast members upheld the “social distancing” standard and where strangers joined together to help each other putting those standards aside. Don’t place your trust/safety/comfort in anything Disney or anyone else does, we are all human, we will never be perfect nor will anything we ever do.

We were at DHS today also. We didn't think wait times were that long, not too much of a difference from when we went on Tuesday. We have seen people at every park all week who have their masks down while eating and walking, who try to take them off for photopass photos, who pull them down or take them off while in lines etc.. This morning we saw a guy walk from his hotel room, enter the main lobby and go up to the front desk all with no mask. They ended up giving him one from behind the counter. But it is what it is, and we are just trying to be as careful as we can.

Last edited:
Busch Gardens, first i need to say it was surface of the sun hot today. Mask compliance 50% maybe. It was rough, so rough today. That being said it was very easy to distance from everyone. There are basically no indoor areas. They have a special sanitation squad out looking for things to clean. Rides were all walk on. They have a ton of mask relaxation zones, at least one in every land. We went on the giraffe encounter which was great as they limit it to 2 parties.

in summary if you are super strict about masks save yourself the aggravation and skip Busch Gardens.

We were sooooooooo glad they weren't super strict as there is no way we would have lasted as long as we did today without a nose peek here and there. We sat in the mask free zones a ton today. The staff was a lot more concerned with heart stroke today than masks (which i found appropriate given the weather).

We love Busch Gardens and hate to suggest not going but it's better for all if you don't go if you are expecting anywhere near total mask compliance.

Arrived today. First I'll say we've flown multiple times since this all started, but today the airports were much busier. Our flight was "at capacity" by SW standards (no middle seats filled.) I think 85% of the ppl. on our plane were heafed to Disney...LOTS of Disney outfits; lots of talking about plans etc...lots of talk of having to get your own luggage lol.

We landed around 1055 and got to the Polynesian around 1pm. Got in line for ME snd they told us it'd be 45-60 mins, but we basically walked right on the bus. We went to Pop (that parking lot was PACKED,) Riviera, Saratoga Springs and finally Polynesian. As soon as we got off the bus we got alert that our room was ready which was awesome. We didn't get the building we asked for, but we have 4 rooms total and we all got the ground floor request. The lobby was very quiet. Found our room in Moorea bldg...def. a bit of a walk and got lunch at CCs...they were very polite and let us sit at the tables while we waited because it took a pretty decent amount of time to get 4 meals.

Went to DS this afternoon/evening znd it was pretty low crowds...we were literally the only customers in Goofys. Bus service the 2 times we used it was really good. Came back to the mssg about their strong recommendation that we take private transportation as they expect heavy crowds over the next several days. Came to the pool and had a lifeguard come to tell us how things worked snd also warned us about the calm before the storm and that it's going to be much busier over the next few days. We'll see how it goes...main pool is now open til 10...not sure if we knew that. so that was a nice surprise...also got $10] gc per room because they had to switch our resort twice so thst was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter