Thurs sept 3
Animal Kingdom

If our experience is typical I’d say skip the weekends or stay at the hotel and enjoy the parks on weekdays instead if you can. Today was GREAT! (Such a marked difference in crowds between our weekend visit and today) We got to the park around 9 (so about an hour after opening) Rode FOP two times in a row. Both times walk on. (Time said 15 minutes, but that was pretty much time to walk in) The second time we got to take the “short” entrance, I’m guessing probably because we were coming off the second floor/level basically by ourselves. Went over to Everest and rode three times in a row, all walk right on. My daughter loved riding the triceratops spin two times in a row and not even having to get off the ride. The safari and Navi river fluctuated between 20-30 minutes most the day, not sure why those both were a little longer. FOP had a shorter line than Navi all day which was so weird. Dinosaur was a walk on even at lunch time,

We didn’t take the gorilla or tiger trails today but everything around the tree of life was pretty quiet and shops seemed roomy enough for decent distancing.

Lunch was at Restaurantosaurus, low wait and patio seating outside to the left was quiet.

Nomad Lounge around 4 had a little room. The chicken Manchurian rice bowl is a DELICIOUS new addition to the menu. Nice and comfy and cool.

We finished off the day riding Navi River three times in a row (all walk on) from about 5:30-6:00

IS there many shops open? I can't tell by everything?
At Epcot I’d say about half are. (Half of Germany wasn’t, half of UK wasn’t, etc...) At animal Kingdom most the big ones are but some of the smaller ones aren’t. Magic Kingdom most of Main Street was, the bazaar outside Pirates was open, memento Mori was open. Briar Patch was shut as were some other small ones.

We are here now. Went to Disney springs last night. We arrived around 6pm. There seemed to be a lot of staff monitoring things. Everyone we saw was following the rules. We had a short wait for guest services and no wait for Earl of Sandwich. We had a pleasant experience at the stores we went into. I was leary after all of the reports here but had no issues even with the rain.

We are staying at Bonnet Creek with a Skyliner view. It's been running on the line since at least 6:30. Would be nice if they let people on it earlier than they do.

We're off to Universal today. Will see how they're doing.

Thank you so much! I had completely crossed DS off my list but you have given me hope!
Headed to Pop today from Ga :) going to SeaWorld tomorrow:) then 8 days at the parks :) my youngest(1of3)turns 3 on the 13th so this will be our cheapest trip for a very long while ;) POR or 2 value rooms in our future
Would love to know how your trip to SeaWorld goes. We are going there on our 2nd Epcot day in the morning and having dinner in Epcot after we return. We are also traveling with a 3 year old.

Never heard why. We got out of there because it became a herd of people leaving Pandora. No bueno for social distancing.
Yep was there too and in that crowd. I have no idea they could hold that many folks on that ride in the queue. We were just sitting on the "bikes" and boom... Sigh no make up etc... Oh well did get to see backstage. Our trip has been great, today super hot and maybe masks not as good but still over 90 to 95 percent. Prior to that masks easy at 95 to 99. Seen folks distance like they should, have had to speak up or give a few looks but for the most all good. Even saw a cast member, after 5 minutes of trying, ask a family off a ride as the son would not wear a mask. Bravo! I had to track her down and say thanks, as I imagine it would be so easy to say whatever and let them ride.

Over all the trip is not the same, as it has been in the past. Yet the stores and restaurants being closed, esp QS, is a real pain or a bummer but we make the most of it, and well we are happy we came. Got to see Tim today so that was neat!

Thurs sept 3
Animal Kingdom

If our experience is typical I’d say skip the weekends or stay at the hotel and enjoy the parks on weekdays instead if you can. Today was GREAT! (Such a marked difference in crowds between our weekend visit and today) We got to the park around 9 (so about an hour after opening) Rode FOP two times in a row. Both times walk on. (Time said 15 minutes, but that was pretty much time to walk in) The second time we got to take the “short” entrance, I’m guessing probably because we were coming off the second floor/level basically by ourselves. Went over to Everest and rode three times in a row, all walk right on. My daughter loved riding the triceratops spin two times in a row and not even having to get off the ride. The safari and Navi river fluctuated between 20-30 minutes most the day, not sure why those both were a little longer. FOP had a shorter line than Navi all day which was so weird. Dinosaur was a walk on even at lunch time,

We didn’t take the gorilla or tiger trails today but everything around the tree of life was pretty quiet and shops seemed roomy enough for decent distancing.

Lunch was at Restaurantosaurus, low wait and patio seating outside to the left was quiet.

Nomad Lounge around 4 had a little room. The chicken Manchurian rice bowl is a DELICIOUS new addition to the menu. Nice and comfy and cool.

We finished off the day riding Navi River three times in a row (all walk on) from about 5:30-6:00
I think Navi gets so long because it is loading so slow and only doing one party per boat. I had been tracking wait times prior to my trip and noticed that it was consistently the longest in the park, when I rode it and saw how slow the loading process was due to the distancing it all made sense. I waited about 5 minutes when I rode it, but there were only around 10 or less groups in front of me. FOP can hold soooo many people at once, even with distancing, so that line moves much faster.

Thank you so much! I had completely crossed DS off my list but you have given me hope.
I'm sure we'll be back again and will post if i see anything different.
I'd love to hear your experiences there today. We're planning to go there next Thursday. :thumbsup2
At universal yesterday crowds were lowish but the parks did not feel empty. The only times crowds sort of gathered were at the Hogwarts express exit and at park close walking back to parking garage.

Team members were fantastic. They were cleaning all the time and always did the hand sanitizer before the rides (although sometimes the squirt if sanitizer was pretty small)).

I saw one TM ask a p erson to cover his nose. People generally police themselves. I noticed several people with masks briefly down or off while outside. it was actually nice seeing people able to take a quick fresh air break without being immediately pounced on. Every person i saw taking a quick breather putt the mask up when approaching anyone and i never saw it for mores than a few seconds. In ride lines i never witnessed any without proper mask usage.

In summary if you're (General you) bothered by seeing someone off by themselves, at least 500 feet from anyone with a mask down, you probably should stay away for now. I found it refreshing to not be so heavily policed and people did a good job on their own.

On a side note the new Bourne stunt show was phenomenal. It was seriously fantastic.

Busch Gardens today.

I'm sure we'll be back again and will post if i see anything different.

At universal yesterday crowds were lowish but the parks did not feel empty. The only times crowds sort of gathered were at the Hogwarts express exit and at park close walking back to parking garage.

Team members were fantastic. They were cleaning all the time and always did the hand sanitizer before the rides (although sometimes the squirt if sanitizer was pretty small)).

I saw one TM ask a p erson to cover his nose. People generally police themselves. I noticed several people with masks briefly down or off while outside. it was actually nice seeing people able to take a quick fresh air break without being immediately pounced on. Every person i saw taking a quick breather putt the mask up when approaching anyone and i never saw it for mores than a few seconds. In ride lines i never witnessed any without proper mask usage.

In summary if you're (General you) bothered by seeing someone off by themselves, at least 500 feet from anyone with a mask down, you probably should stay away for now. I found it refreshing to not be so heavily policed and people did a good job on their own.

On a side note the new Bourne stunt show was phenomenal. It was seriously fantastic.

Busch Gardens today.
Glad you're having a great time, I also loved Bourne, very well done. Hydrate it's another triple digit day here

Headed to Pop today from Ga :) going to SeaWorld tomorrow:) then 8 days at the parks :) my youngest(1of3)turns 3 on the 13th so this will be our cheapest trip for a very long while ;) POR or 2 value rooms in our future
Would love to know how your trip to SeaWorld goes. We are going there on our 2nd Epcot day in the morning and having dinner in Epcot after we return. We are also traveling with a 3 year old.
Am also interested in your sea world day! Thanks!

Could you please elaborate? Why did you feel less safe?
The park crowds are low comparatively but MK and HS were still too busy for my comfort. Mask compliance isn't nearly as high as people on here are saying. I'd put it in the 75-80% range at MK and HS, 95% at EPCOT. If you're scared of noses/people walking around maskless/taking off masks on rides, then you're not going to have a good time. People are also going to get in your space while walking around. Lines were fine for the most part, but you will still find yourself crowded, or people coming way too close to you. CMs are correcting people but not really forcefully (see my earlier post about Magic Kingdom). Plus, Disney is just germy on a regular basis. Sure they're cleaning rides, but it's every 2 hours. I guess what I mean is, if you're scared in any way, you're not going to feel totally comfortable here. It's by no means perfect, but they're doing their best...people are breaking the rules with few consequences and if you're at all anxious about that you're not going to have a good time.

At Epcot I’d say about half are. (Half of Germany wasn’t, half of UK wasn’t, etc...) At animal Kingdom most the big ones are but some of the smaller ones aren’t. Magic Kingdom most of Main Street was, the bazaar outside Pirates was open, memento Mori was open. Briar Patch was shut as were some other small ones.

Thanks! Hopefully more open before we get there Nov 15. Fingers crossed. We loved the Christmas store/Ornament store in Epcot.

Just went to the pool this morning at Old Keywest they are now checking room numbers and handing out wrist bands. Life guard said the pool is first come on the weekends. They also closed the second entrance to the pool. Everyone must check in at main entrance.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Has anyone seen the Disney attraction face masks for sale in the parks or resorts? I saw a Haunted Mansion mask on a vlog but haven't seen anyone talk about the Small World or Tiki bird ones. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter