Has anyone figured out the a cleaning schedule yet? Is there away to know if they will clean shortly or have started cleanly so you can avoid those lines?
I asked the same thing a while ago, but at that time it didn't seem that anyone knew...I'd be interested to know as well :)

AK report from today:
We got there a little after 9.

Pros:
-EE 2x with less than 10 min wait each time
- Dinosaur walk on
- Baby Grace is adorable!

Cons:
-The heat really got to us today. I meant to buy a hat but we bolted after 2.5 hours for pool and AC. Going back in tonight for Tiffins res
- Both FOP and NRJ went from 5 min waits to 35 and 40 once they opened from the evac
-Evac was awful, no social distancing and it was all packed in
- I wasn’t a fan of the full safari truck on KS
- Even the gorilla trails were busy - had to wait in line to see Grace

I thought this would be our easy heaven day but it was pretty full. Not getting to do anything in Pandora for less than 30 mins stinks. We’re going back in a few hours, hopefully the lunch rush will have subsided.

AK report from today:
We got there a little after 9.

Pros:
-EE 2x with less than 10 min wait each time
- Dinosaur walk on
- Baby Grace is adorable!

Cons:
-The heat really got to us today. I meant to buy a hat but we bolted after 2.5 hours for pool and AC. Going back in tonight for Tiffins res
- Both FOP and NRJ went from 5 min waits to 35 and 40 once they opened from the evac
-Evac was awful, no social distancing and it was all packed in
- I wasn’t a fan of the full safari truck on KS
- Even the gorilla trails were busy - had to wait in line to see Grace

I thought this would be our easy heaven day but it was pretty full. Not getting to do anything in Pandora for less than 30 mins stinks. We’re going back in a few hours, hopefully the lunch rush will have subsided.
Grace has been the star attraction, always a wait to see her. Sorry it wasn't ideal

Monday, August 31
Magic Kingdom

This was a super rainy day on and off all day.
Crowds were pretty light. 9:30-10ish the wait for Splash Mountain was less than 20 minutes. There’s virtually nothing left in the Splash gift shop FYI. Aladdins magic carpets- walk on. Pecos Bills was quite empty around 10:45. We had an early lunch and had the patio to ourselves. Buzz light year was a walkon (so we got right off and went back on again). Quick run to Space Mountain and it was a walk on even in the rain. Speedway took about 5-10 minutes. The Carousel crazy enough was one of the longer waits. Maybe about 15 minutes. It was loading pretty slow. Haunted Mansion was a walk on midday (though the sign said 20 min) We did get stuck a long time waiting for pirates and unfortunately behind a loud mostly mask less group in front and one unmasked woman behind ysu🙄🙄, guessing it was probably boat cleaning time. Little Mermaid- walk on, Small World 10-15 minutes (crowded moreso because of people escaping the rain) Tea Cups, 5 min, Barnstormer walk on, Mine Train-20ish. Our most crowded area was getting dole whips. It was just hard to find an out of the way place to unmask and eat. Park crowds were light, though the rain made things rough (lots of ride shut downs due to weather. We never managed to catch BTMR or Dumbo for that reason )

Tuesday September 1
Epcot

AMAZING!
Super light crowds. Everything except Frozen and Test Track was a walk on. Test Track was shut down a bit so it got up to about 40 minutes when it finally reopened. Food and Wine crowds were VERY light. Mask compliance with very few exceptions was excellent. This was a marvelous day. By the way, Food & Wine 2020 merchandise is out

Attachments

• 32AB1708-324F-4BD9-84B0-784E8DCFF9B2.jpeg
    32AB1708-324F-4BD9-84B0-784E8DCFF9B2.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 498612A2-2C5E-4B8A-9955-F28559EBDE43.jpeg
    498612A2-2C5E-4B8A-9955-F28559EBDE43.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Tuesday September 1
Epcot

AMAZING!
Super light crowds. Everything except Frozen and Test Track was a walk on. Test Track was shut down a bit so it got up to about 40 minutes when it finally reopened. Food and Wine crowds were VERY light. Mask compliance with very few exceptions was excellent. This was a marvelous day.

Curious what you mean by this?

Curious what you mean by this?
Just a few noses here and there (one on Soarin, a couple of people walking by...but lots of room to avoid the walkers) and a couple of walking drink sippers, and one gal who thought the bathroom was a mask break spot primping in front of the mirror. Way less issues than Friday night by FAR! People were very respectful of each other’s space Tuesday.

Just a few noses here and there (one on Soarin, a couple of people walking by...but lots of room to avoid the walkers) and a couple of walking drink sippers, and one gal who thought the bathroom was a mask break spot primping in front of the mirror. Way less issues than Friday night by FAR! People were very respectful of each other’s space Tuesday.

Bathrooms are a strange place where I saw a lot of masks off. I guess the thought process is that the stalls act like plexiglass. Thankfully all the dehydration makes for less bathroom trips!

Update to add we went back into AK around 5 and got onto FOP - I wanted to ride twice before our Tiffins reservation, but no one offered a second ride or a secret hallway I've been reading about LOL. It took 5 full minutes of nonstop walking, then you go into the 2nd pre-show room with no more than 6 people total.

Also, tonight was our first Tiffins experience and it did not disappoint! Delicious!!

Today weds sept 2
Disney Springs (am) Magic Kingdom (pm)

midweek first thing in the morning was a perfect time for Disney Springs! World of Disney, Uniqlo, Lego, Marvel store,Christmas Shop, Art of Disney, etc... all had plenty of room. Build a Dino is open (much to my kiddos excitement) You still can’t try on dresses at the Dress Shop though. We were the ONLY people at Deluxe Burger at lunch time on the patio. The co-op was the only place we went that seemed a little more busy. Erin McKennas also had pretty full cases still at 2pm.

Magic Kingdom after 5pm seemed to be walk on for just about everything except Pirates, BTMR, and Splash which were 15-25 minutes-ish. Even Peter Pan was a walk on. The biggest crowds were leaving the park at 7 and we didn’t encounter anything less than cheery, nice people until a big family shoved ahead of everyone for the Ferry (no biggie though, obviously everyone gets on🤦‍♀️🙄😂)

Quite a nice day.

Last edited:
In all of the parks, are there specific rides that have been consistently opening up before official park hours? If so, can anyone let me know what those are? Or is there no consistency to what rides open early?

Here is a quick update on my trip so far. I mentioned earlier In this thread about about my drive down from Va and stopping in Savanna which wasn't pleasant. We have been on Disney property for 4 days so far and I will admit I do feel safer on Disney property than I do at other public places. Today we had a fabulous time at MK. Granted we come every year so for us it was relaxing just exploring the park and hopping on rides if we wanted. In the four days we been here we have been to the Polynesian twice for lunch and dole whips, nonstressfully explored the entire MK, Disney Spring twice for Dinner, slept in every day, hung at the pool, played basketball, rode bikes, stayed up late to watch movies and hang out on the balcony. This has been one of the best trips to Disney so far. However watching the local news and seeing employees being laid off makes me sad and makes me realize how fortunate I am to be able to come here. I see these employees working hard everyday in such trying times. I also see some guest who feel entitled. I'm not going into details but just want to say if you come to Disney during this time please be patient and treat the cast members nicely. They are trying their best to make guest happy.

Seems all of the COVID threads have been diluted with political opinions.
My family has been tested 2x in the last 8 weeks and is COVID-Free.
We have stayed home, had all of our items delivered or done curbside. I have been inside a store or doctor's office 3x in 6 months.
I am so eager to bring my 14 & 17-year old for 1.5 days to experience some enjoyment. They deserve it. We had plans booked for 5 days in March when this all hit. We are all healthy although I have asthma.
I have my N95/N99 masks along with Purell and gloves.
Can I please get first-hand accounts of visitors from the last couple of days? I expect this weekend to be busy but knowing kids and people are back to work Tuesday I figured if we could get a few rides in Monday afternoon at Epcot and some delicious food it would be so nice. Then my expectation is Tuesday the 8th MK will be dead. Thoughts on this? Staying in my first hotel too the JW Marriott at Bonnet Creek one night. I am not going to lie - I AM SCARED.

Last edited:
Can’t give u first hand advice but check out the Here Now/Reopening Experiences page. Lots of posts about how it’s all going down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter