That's a great point. With more people using the skyliner when CBR opens, it makes me wonder if Pop guests should have a back-up plan if the Skyliner lines are too long or if there are delays, causing a later-than-usual arrival to HS.
I'll be interested in hearing how the skyliner went for you at Pop, since it looks like you'll be there pretty soon - before us, and with CBR open.

It's so funny how different the experiences can be between different groups. For all I know, the big maskless groups I saw were immediately reprimanded as soon as I walked past them. But our second Epcot day was quite a bit more crowded than our first, and with such a large quantity of the maskless people I decided it just isn't worth the risk. Hollywood Studios was the other park that felt kind of risky, only because it was so much more crowded which made avoiding the jerks harder. I felt safe (as safe as possible anyway) at MK and AK because it was so easy to avoid other people, other than in the queues and while exiting attractions.

Our first Epcot day was Saturday the 18th, and then Thursday the 23rd. The 18th was a little more crowded than the 23rd, both days had some rain, but Thursday much more. So that may have contributed. We never saw big groups of people without masks except at Disney Springs. We did not feel safe at Disney Springs at times. I contacted guest services over the app chat and emailed them about it especially a bus situation.

We did two HS days as well, it certainly was the most crowded of any park, but mostly in Galaxy's Edge. AK was the best as far as low crowds and fewest people not following protocol. It's surprised me how much more I enjoyed FoP not having to wait in a long line. It may be my favorite attraction again. RotR is great, and I am a Star Wars fan, but FoP was more fun.

Our first Epcot day was Saturday the 18th, and then Thursday the 23rd. The 18th was a little more crowded than the 23rd, both days had some rain, but Thursday much more. So that may have contributed. We never saw big groups of people without masks except at Disney Springs. We did not feel safe at Disney Springs at times. I contacted guest services over the app chat and emailed them about it especially a bus situation.

We did two HS days as well, it certainly was the most crowded of any park, but mostly in Galaxy's Edge. AK was the best as far as low crowds and fewest people not following protocol. It's surprised me how much more I enjoyed FoP not having to wait in a long line. It may be my favorite attraction again. RotR is great, and I am a Star Wars fan, but FoP was more fun.
It's fairly obvious, but I think AK being the lowest wait time park makes total sense. No Lion King, no Nemo, the petting zoo - ok, not a huge deal maybe. Kali has the water cannons off and guest controlled sprinklers off so that you're not as likely to get drenched with a mask on... There isn't anything new at AK. I count only 6 attractions I'd go on, which we could do in a half day. MK is MK, and almost nothing is closed. EP has the mini version of F&W going, and there are actually 9 attractions + several films, Seas, and many more dining options (we haven't been to Smokehouse). During normal F&W years, EP draws a lot of local attn. HS has GE and MMRR, and so everyone wants to check them out. But I only count 6 attractions 2 each in TL, GE, and Sunset that we'd visit. And having the new attractions, and the 2nd smallest park, without the number of queues like MK, size of AK, or spacing of WS... it makes sense that HS is the most crowded. I just picture walking through the tight little alleys like by ABC Commissary (even though that's closed).

Today at AK, we were on Kilimanjaro Safari and at the end, the driver and the unload attendant had a gag where the unloader wouldn't let the driver pull up until he put his mask on(driver already had a mask on). Pretty funny right? Not to a lady in the middle of the bus, she yelled right out "C'mon driver! Just put the mask on!!"

Sensing that their gag was backfiring, they ended it and just proceeded as normal. As we were all getting out, the lady approached the unload CM and said "Thank you for ensuring the driver's mask was on. Some people dont get it." The dude replied with a "yeah, sure lady"

That was a situation that's great to witness, but you don't want to get close to being involved with...

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll be interested in hearing how the skyliner went for you at Pop, since it looks like you'll be there pretty soon - before us, and with CBR open.
When does CBR open? We will be at Pop Friday for a week and I’m going back and forth between Lyft and Skyliner for HS....

Heat is an issue which is why you should plan on taking more breaks to drink and cool down. To be honest though you get used to the mask fairly quickly if it's a comfortable one for you. Just remember to drink water
Thank you for that, I have spent so much time and effort on trying to find the most comfortable mask.

That's interesting! We just got back Friday, and I haven't had a chance to write up my report yet. We would have ranked Epcot the best, followed by AK, MK, HS, and only if you are a risk-taker go to DS. At Epcot we easily managed physical distancing even though we did see a few people walking around masks down while drinking, this was before they clarified the rule that you had to be stationary. Epcot (World Showcase specifically) was the only park I saw cast members walking around whose sole purpose was to enforce the rules.
We just got back last night from a 5 night stay. I would rank Epcot as #1 too. In fact, my order would be the same as yours. Honestly, I felt really safe and never had any issues with anyone even getting close to me. That includes swimming at Riviera. I would go back in a heartbeat. Disney is doing a great job.

When does CBR open? We will be at Pop Friday for a week and I’m going back and forth between Lyft and Skyliner for HS....
Would love if you could post what you observe if you go the skyliner route when you get back. We're staying in August and I'm trying to figure out tactics too. We're at Riviera so if the transfer situation is bad at CBR, we may just get up real early and walk tot he caribbean station before it opens to avoid having to transfer.

We’re here now and took the skyliner to HS this morning. We could and should have taken our rental car but kids talked us into skyliner. Line back to 50’s section. Got in line at 9:09. Took forever. Got off at CBR to get on HS line and that line was so long. We tapped in at HS at 10:06 and missed getting a BG. At the 2pm time, we had 4 phones trying and could only get a backup group which never got called. Thankfully we did get to do RotR a couple days ago.

We’ve been here since 7/21 and today was, by far, the busiest we’ve seen. I was loving how everything was walk-on early in the trip but very little fell into that category today (or even last couple days).

Mask compliance and distancing has been great. I think Disney has done a good job enforcing their rules.

We’re here now and took the skyliner to HS this morning. We could and should have taken our rental car but kids talked us into skyliner. Line back to 50’s section. Got in line at 9:09. Took forever. Got off at CBR to get on HS line and that line was so long. We tapped in at HS at 10:06 and missed getting a BG. At the 2pm time, we had 4 phones trying and could only get a backup group which never got called. Thankfully we did get to do RotR a couple days ago.

We’ve been here since 7/21 and today was, by far, the busiest we’ve seen. I was loving how everything was walk-on early in the trip but very little fell into that category today (or even last couple days).

Mask compliance and distancing has been great. I think Disney has done a good job enforcing their rules.

Thanks for reporting. This is not the first report I’ve seen having trouble getting to HS on time via skyliner at Pop. An hr is ridiculous, and this is before CBR is open. we could very well have to uber if they don’t make the launches earlier or allow for buses to HS.

Thanks for reporting. This is not the first report I’ve seen having trouble getting to HS on time via skyliner at Pop. An hr is ridiculous, and this is before CBR is open. we could very well have to uber if they don’t make the launches earlier or allow for buses to HS.
It's frustrating they are only giving us 1 form of transportation to get there and time is an issue because you have to be in the park by 10 for a boarding group.

Does anyone know if masks are required in the fitness centers at resorts? I know in our state they are mandated, with the exception of when one is actively exercising.

Does anyone know if masks are required in the fitness centers at resorts? I know in our state they are mandated, with the exception of when one is actively exercising.
if you read back a couple of pages you can see some first hand reports. Disney hasn't really said anything other than masks not needed when swimming or actively eating or drinking but some have reported going to the gym or jogging and not wearing masks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter