Pirate passes are blocked out starting this past Monday, maybe other levels too. I’m sure that has a lot to do with it.
DFB had a good article about the lower crowd levels this week. They attributed it to the Pirate passes being blocked out, the runDisney event being over and no cheerleading competitions at this time. I'm hoping this carries over next year, since we will be in Orlando starting March 9 and planning to skip the parks those first few days but hoping for better crowds after that.

I still can’t believe the wait times this week compared to last. Was just looking now. VQ still available for both rides. ILL for them about instant return. Rise 50, FOP 45, Soarin 10. MK big rides are long but others are manageable. Buzz at 30. Last week it was constantly around 60. Too bad our spring break isn’t a week later.
This week is a bit of a sweet spot. Many places had Spring/March break last week. I knew 4 families at Disney last week and this week none.

I would anticipate crowds picking up starting this weekend, leading into Easter.

Last edited:
Today felt like an anomaly…

Started booking genie for Hollywood Studios at 7 - planning to stack them in the afternoon. We were able to book slinky, runaway railway, midway mania, went to Ogas then to dinner at Round Up Rodeo, then to aliens, and booked ToT for an almost immediate return at 6:10 but decided to go back to the hotel. We have never been able to make use of genie like that at Hollywood Studios! The lines were probably very do-able without genie. It felt bizarre…but amazing!

This week does seem like a sweet spot. We were in MK today and were able to navigate all our favorites pretty easily. We got a late start because folks were pretty tired after my fanatical rope dropping of the last few days. We got to the park around 10 and did Buzz, Laugh Floor, and Pooh. Then had lunch at Crystal Palace (there’s a big Pooh fan in our group).

After lunch we did Astro Orbiter (which I frankly believe to be one of the worst rides on this or any other planet, and I got sunburned in line, but my daughter loves it so all worth it), Tomorrowland Speedway, Dumbo, Space Mountain, Small World, then my daughter had a BBB appointment at 4. (She chose to be Belle, as we expected.)

On a whim, I did an ILL for TRON after that, as it was still available (everyone else was too scared). I’m super glad I did it but also understand why there’s a common take that it’s too short. Others did Philharmagic during this time. Then we took our little “Belle” for dinner at Be Our Guest. It was a cool experience but we got seated about 30 minutes after our reservation so we were hard pressed to make it out in time to get situated for the fireworks. I had considered booking CRT instead but glad I didn’t or we definitely would’ve been stuck in that castle! Overall a great day. And perfect weather.

This week is a bit of a sweet spot. Many places had Spring/March break last week. I knew 4 families at Disney last week and this week none.

I would anticipate crowds picking up starting this weekend, leading into Easter.
Wasn't spring break in Ontario last week? I vaguely remember it being around this time of year. In general I think we are in that lull between the first wave of spring break and the next one.

Wasn't spring break in Ontario last week? I vaguely remember it being around this time of year. In general I think we are in that lull between the first wave of spring break and the next one.
Makes sense. When we drove home to PA we mentioned how many Ontario license plates we saw. We were quite surprised. It was by far the most of any state (other than when we were in a given state of course). We even saw a couple New Brunswick ones which was new to us. I don’t remember ever seeing one of those before.

Last day of trip reports. We planned a rest morning and then an afternoon at HS and stacked up LLs accordingly. The weather was once again amazing. We arrived in time for lunch at the Brown Derby. I had the Cobb salad which is one of their signature dishes and it was probably the best Cobb salad I’ve ever had.

Then we had a 1:15 ILL for Rise, but it was down. The ILL automatically updated to be good for the rest of the day, but the bigger issue was going to be the havoc that could have ensued for the rest of our carefully planned itinerary, especially given the length of Rise. While we were still standing around debating what to do, within about 5-10 minutes, it came back and things were back on track. Whew!

2 pm, Beauty & the Beast stage show (well done!)
2:30, Slinky (LL)
2:50, MM:SR (LL). My daughter got to be a pilot for the first time after working her way up through the other slots on prior visits and took the task very seriously. But the co-pilot was a first timer and a bit lost so it was a pretty rough ride. My husband and I both got 100% in the engineer seats but our two gunners were at 0% and 57% respectively. Almost makes me want to have a bigger family just to fill out the ride vehicle. 😂
3:40ish after walking around Galaxy’s Edge, Star tours was a walk on
4:05 MMRR
4:30 Midway Mania
5:30 dinner with Fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine. The characters were in their spring outfits, super cute!
After dinner we sneaked in MuppetVision and did a little shopping. All of a sudden it was 7:30 so we hustled over to Fantasmic. We got awesome seats in about the 5th row at 7:40ish and the theater immediately filled up from there.
It took quite some time to work our way out and onto the buses for GFL, but we arrived right in time for last call at the RPC before 10.
All in all, a beautiful day! Looks like it will rain quite a bit tomorrow and Saturday which may make leaving just a bit less difficult!

Just getting back after an absolutely amazing, and magical Disney vacation. Our dates were 2/29-3/4. This was my first kids free trip (since my 20s), to celebrate my 40th birthday with my two best friends. Crowds were light, weather was perfect, and I still can't believe how much we got accomplished! We stayed at the Swan, utilized genie+, ILLs and Rope Drop.
Day 1: check in day at Swan, around 11, had a quick brunch at Garden Grove, walked around a bit them room was ready. Quick change into swim suits and we headed to the pool. Around 5, went up to shower and get ready for dinner. We had a 6:30 reservation at BluZoo. It was delicous! We started with crab nachos, and I had the Ahi Tuna. Friends had the fresh corvino. We all loved our meals. After dinner we strolled over to the boardwalk area, and checked an item off my Disney bucket list and rented a 4 person Surrey bike. The hills were work, but we had so much fun and a lot of laughs! Watched a little but of luminous from the bridge (wish they pumped in music/narration), had a quick ice cream from beaches and cream then headed back to Swan for lights out!
Day 2: HS/EP/HS: Bought multipark genie+, at 7 grabbed slinky dog LL, and 12pm ILL for ROTR. Took boat to HS, was through gates at 8:15. First ride was MMRR (walk on), headed to toy story land and Slinky was still about 30 minutes, so we decided to just hop in line and modify our genie+ to something else. We were off Slinky in 30 minutes, modified our genie+ to TSM, walked over to ToT waited about 15 minutes. Took a snack break at Woody's lunch break for some Totchos. After a little sack and rest, we used our Toy Story Mania genie+. I then switched over and started stacking genie+ for EP, first grab was Test Track. After TSM, we went to Muppets, Star Tours, walked around a bit, and just as our time came up for our Rise ILL, it went down! So instead we walked around, grabbed some blue milk- ILL changed to a anytime return for Rise, we decided to get to EP, and redeem ROTR at night when we came back for Fantasmic. I grabbed at genie+ for Soarin for a quick return. At Epcot we road Soarin (g+), Frozen (g+), Test Track (g+), and Remy (genie+). REMINDER: even when genie+ is showing as gone, use your refresh and modify and look for drop trends! Both Frozen and Remy were showing as gone, but I was able to snag them while just refreshing while in line or while taking a snack break :) In between rides we explored topiaries, had some snacks and enjoyed some entertainment.
We were so efficient that by 6pm, earlier than anticipated we were ready to hop back to HS. Took Skyliner back to HS, Got on Rise (ILL) a little before 7pm, then went to Baseline Tap for some snacks and drinks. Smugglers was a walk on after. Around 9 went and got in line for 9:30 Fantasmic. Had perfect seats about 8 rows up in the center. Was back to Swan by 11ish.
Day 3: Topolino's Brunch, Pool Day, Disney Springs
Slept in, took Uber to Riviera for 11:40 reservation. We all loved our experience at Topolinos. Wasn't sure how I'd enjoy a character meal without kids, but it was just as magical. Had so much fun, food was great, service great! I do miss the days of being able to get more than one entree, but it worked out as a friend and I shared. Took Skyliner back to boardwalk area and walked to Swan. Had a relaxing afternoon at the pool. Had a 7pm reservation for Morimoto, another great meal. It was packed, service was on the slower side and we were there for 2 hours, but we weren't in any rush so it was fine. After dinner we did a little shopping, mostly at Disney Store and pin traders, then decided to call it a night as we knew we had a very busy day coming up!
Day 4: AK/EP/MK- 7am- purchased ILL for SDMT and TRON, and genie+ 9:30 safari (which I ended up modifying to Eversest)
Roped dropped AK, arrived by 7:15, was soon through gates. Rope Dropped FOP, on and off in 35 minutes, this was all of us first ride on FOP , and WOW, we all loved it. Navi (standby 15 minutes), took some photos and explored Pandora. Then headed over to Safari, standby line was only 20 minutes so I modified my genie+ to Everest and got in standby. Had a great Safari, even got to see baby elephant Cora and her mama! After safari took a breakfast break (more totchos yum!!) After some food, headed to Everest. took some photos then we were on our way to Epcot by 11 with a genie+ for Soarin. Since we got all of our rides done our first day, we decided to focus mostly on food booths and exploring World Showcase. We did ride Soarin (genie+), Living with the Land (standby 15 minutes), Nemo (walk on), and walked through Moana. I began stacking genies for MK. If you're wondering why no GoG, two of us were overcoming some sinus issues and were afraid of GoG disorienting us or making it worse, so we decided to skip this trip as amazing as it is! At 2:30ish we hopped on monorail to MK. Arrived at MK just after 3pm, I could tell immediately upon entering how empty the park was. We got a perfect seat on the curb across from Tony's just as the parade was coming around. To give you an idea of how empty MK was, after the parade I could walk down Main street with my arms outstretched and not touch another person! Also, even though I had already purchased an ILL for TRON VQ still had availability at 3pm! So I grabbed on and got group 173. After some photos, we could tell rain was on the way, so headed toward Tomorrowland for some covered/indoor attractions. Just as we got under cover the sky opened up. We road People Mover, Carousel of Progrees, Space (genie+)- once we got off space rain had stopped and there was the most beautiful rainbow! It was now around 5, so we grabbed some sweets from Sleepy Hollow, and then went to Casey's for a seat and some Corn Dog Nuggets. Lucky us got a seat and the piano player had just started! There was still a beautiful rainbow over the castle- it was so magical! We did a bunch of rides Pirates (standby 10 minutes) Tikki Room, Jungle Cruise (genie+), SDMT (ILL). Got our spot for Fireworks at 7:30. Watched HEA, cried as always! After fireworks did Tron (ILL), BTMRR (genie+), HM (genie+). After all of that it was Dole Whip time! around 10:00 our boarding group for Tron was called. This is the beginning of the most magical last hour at MK. We got to Tron and almost NO ONE was in line. We got front row, WOW game changer! I don't think I can ride this again without being front row!! We decided to end our magical day we should take a spin on the carousel. While we were on Cinderella wandered out of somewhere and was just casually roaming Fantasyland. We got off the ride, she said hello, wished me a happy birthday, took a photo with me! We headed to the castle for one last photo, just after we took the photo I looked up and something caught my eye, I told my friends to look- guys, we saw a ROCKET LAUNCH! From MK, in front of the castle!! WHAT!!?? Our jaws were dropped open in awe of this moment. What an end to our day! After grabbing my chocolate caramel apple from the Confectionary my day was complete..... or was it?
For one last surprise, once we got back to the hotel, my friends gifted me a new pair of ears to remember by trip by- they were he new blue Cinderella ears with the little clock in the center, so thoughtful! Would you believe me if I told you I arrived at my hotel room door at exactly 11:59pm, because I did!
Day 5: check out, spa day at Ritz Carlton Great Lakes
After clockin in 32K steps on our epic park day we needed some R&R. We ubered over to the Ritz for a spa day. Highly recommended the spa there! We had a couple treatments, enjoyed the outdoor spa/pool area, spa amenities and had lunch. Our journey came to an end, and we took an Uber to airport a little after 5.

I'm still on a high and amazed on how this trip went. Thanks to DisBoards, a shout out to MamFam (IYKYK) for all the tips that help the magic happen. My only wish remaining is that you all get to have equally magical and memorable experiences!
Wow! That sounds like the most amazing magical trip!! Sometimes everything just aligns!

G+ Multi reached it's Xmas high price of $39/person today so I'm going with yes...
I just read that. It’s pretty nuts. 160 for a family of 4. That’s a lot of money on top of everything else. Well we will continue our rope drop in early and out then back in at night after dinner. Has worked forever. Hopefully our run continues. We landed today. No idea how parks look. Tomorrow is first park day. We spent the afternoon at Disney springs.

G+ Multi reached it's Xmas high price of $39/person today so I'm going with yes...
Waits at 8-9:30am this morning were pretty light. I saw a lot of rides were only at 10min. I'll look again tomorrow.

At 5:30pm, some are up... FEA 140, BTMRR 80, Dumbo 60, EE 50, MMRR 75, but others are low- safari 10, Pirates 20, Imagination 10 min, Nemo 10, Star Tours 30min.

MK looks high side, but HM is down.

Some attractions are moderate, like ToT 70min. and Swirling saucers 30. For this time of day those two are not very high for posted wait times, IMO, given the sky high cost of G+ today. I'm not there now though, so I can only see MDE times not actual waits.

Dumbo at 60 is fairly crazy high, but then Monsters, INC has no wait.

I checked wait times a couple times today from home. Yikes….. it seemed packed! At all parks. I think it’s going to be a very busy week.

I checked wait times a couple times today from home. Yikes….. it seemed packed! At all parks. I think it’s going to be a very busy week.
Here since Saturday. Sunday was good. Yesterday we saw the pressure. We did MK in morning. Rope drop mine train. Space, tron, btmr, pirates, hm, and then the pressure it. Tiki, cop, Mickey philharmonic. We bailed by 1230.

Went over to Epcot after dinner. Reme was struggling along with frozen. Up and down. We got a 6 pm guardians bit bailed at 830 cause we were tired.

For how busy MK was we did well I feel without genie as always.

Going over to hs now. I think we missed first bus so no idea what to exspect for a slinky rope drop. Might be a Toy Story mania morning which I would rather. Lol deff toy story mania morning. We were at bus stop at 715 for 830 rope. We r like 30-40 people behind booths to purchase tickets. We must have missed first bus and with skylines and boats prob running earlier and just busy in general we r back. Usually we r right at tap points for even a thanksgiving week say.

Last edited:
This is normally a very busy week. I was there at this time last year, and have been there a number of times around Easter. G+ skews standby wait times. Those who did not buy G+ ARE looking at long lines.

The way G+ works though, the more people buy G+, the more the standby waits get skewed. WDW's customers are pitted against each other. If nobody bought G+, standby times would be much shorter.

In any event, last year, Jungle Cruise opened at 8am. As soon as it opened, the wait was 120min We quickly went to BTMRR, and in those 3 minutes, BTMRR was already at 70min, and rose to 90 within seconds.

This morning, at 8:55am, BTMRR was 60 and JC was 35. Long, but not nearly as long as last year. Much of the park still had short waits: barnstormer 10, Buzz 30, Dumbo 10, Small World 5, Teacups 5, Carpets 15, Pooh 25, Phil 10, Pirates 10, Little Mermaid 5. Even Space Mtn was only 35, and Pan was only 55. Those kinds of waits happen on slow days an hour after the park opens to offsite guests.

A crazy standby wait that I'm seeing is Dumbo at 60minutes. IMO, that = WDW is giving out LOTS of G+ for Dumbo. That's part of how G+ works. Customers can choose between a 8pm Space Mtn, or a now pass for Dumbo. Customers opt for the now pass. Meanwhile Astro Orbiter is only 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter