Just to confirm, without reading all 830 pages, if I am staying on-site, at HS I can grab a LL at 7am for Smugglers, enter the park at 8:30am (early entry), then at 9am I can grab my next LL (Tower of Terror), then ride Smugglers at 9:30am, and I can immediately book another LL (my third of the morning) following that ride for Midway Mania?
Not quite. You can book Smugglers at 7am. You can't book your next LL (which is Tower of Terror in your case) until EITHER you double tap into Smugglers OR it has been 120min. since park open. In your example, you thought you could book Tower of Terror at 9am. That's not possible. You can't book your next ride until either 120 minutes from park open which would be 11am OR after you tap into Smugglers (if it is before 11am). That's when you can book Toystory Mania. HTH!

There is so much in G+ that’s dependent on crowd levels. I’d love to do the EPCOT/HS strategy, however saw over holidays where most G+ was gone for HS after 11am, which means I’d have whatever I book at 7, plus what I book at 11 and that may be it. Considering we are going during a very busy week, thinking we may be better off starting with early entry in HS to get 1 or 2 things done before crowds swell and just keep the afternoon/evening flexible to let us stay in HS until we get to do most everything we want. Thoughts? I looked at opening vs closing and wait times appeared to be about the same

There is so much in G+ that’s dependent on crowd levels. I’d love to do the EPCOT/HS strategy, however saw over holidays where most G+ was gone for HS after 11am, which means I’d have whatever I book at 7, plus what I book at 11 and that may be it. Considering we are going during a very busy week, thinking we may be better off starting with early entry in HS to get 1 or 2 things done before crowds swell and just keep the afternoon/evening flexible to let us stay in HS until we get to do most everything we want. Thoughts? I looked at opening vs closing and wait times appeared to be about the same
You may want to ask this over on the Genie thread. Lots of great discussion there:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-genie-usage-tips-and-strategy-only-thread.3857056/

Just to confirm, without reading all 830 pages, if I am staying on-site, at HS I can grab a LL at 7am for Smugglers, enter the park at 8:30am (early entry), then at 9am I can grab my next LL (Tower of Terror), then ride Smugglers at 9:30am, and I can immediately book another LL (my third of the morning) following that ride for Midway Mania?
No, you could book Smugglers at 7. Unless you tap into the ride right at 9 you wouldn’t be able to book the next lightning lane.

the 120 minutes is based on park opening time, not pre-opening booking time so your next eligible time would be 9:30 when you tap into Smugglers LL … but if your LL isn’t until later then it would be 11 am (120 minutes after park openin)

it’s a bit confusing so I hope that helped

I agree with you. On busier days, stacking may not be the best option. Personally, I would (and have) opted to just do my best to grab earliest time available and refresh throughout the day as soon as I tap into my current Genie+ selection. Kind of like the old days of rolling FP.

Hi, At BLT now and wonderful room. 2 bed theme park view. Went to Early Entry today at Magic Kingdom and was turned away because they said we needed a voucher from BLT? They scanned my magic band but said nothing came up, so I showed them my MDE on my phone to show we are staying at BLT, but said I needed a voucher. Has anyone heard of that? Maybe I missed that...Either way having a great time.

Hi, At BLT now and wonderful room. 2 bed theme park view. Went to Early Entry today at Magic Kingdom and was turned away because they said we needed a voucher from BLT? They scanned my magic band but said nothing came up, so I showed them my MDE on my phone to show we are staying at BLT, but said I needed a voucher. Has anyone heard of that? Maybe I missed that...Either way having a great time.
No, there is no voucher for early entry. Any Disney resort guest is eligible just by scanning your band. That is very strange.

No, there is no voucher for early entry. Any Disney resort guest is eligible just by scanning your band. That is very strange.
A voucher? I’ve not heard of this. And it’s 2022, not 1996. Everything is electronic. Super weird. Glad you’re having a good day in spite of not getting in early. When you have spare time I’d head to guest services or check with front desk at BLT to clarify what happened.

Has your Magic Band worked since then for other purposes? Could be an issue with your Magic Band/Disney IT.

Has your Magic Band worked since then for other purposes? Could be an issue with your Magic Band/Disney IT.
I was able to scan into the park fine and get into my room fine... So it's working, not sure why it didn't work for early entry. We will try again tomorrow for early entry. I will go to guest services as well to make sure I'm not missing something.

I was able to scan into the park fine and get into my room fine... So it's working, not sure why it didn't work for early entry. We will try again tomorrow for early entry. I will go to guest services as well to make sure I'm not missing something.
There is no voucher for early entry. Wereyou in the resort guest early entry line? We had a small issue at epcot when we went through the AP line to get in instead of the early entry line.

There is no voucher for early entry. Wereyou in the resort guest early entry line? We had a small issue at epcot when we went through the AP line to get in instead of the early entry line.
Oh...I bet you're right that's the only "voucher" I know of....

I had scanned into magic kingdom and was walking over to Tomorrowland where they stop you to check for early entry and that is where I was turned away. I ended up speaking with a cast member in the lobby of BLT and they gave me a key card for our room as they didn’t have an answer to why I was turned away and had never heard the voucher thing before. They thought maybe it was a new cast member. I will try again tomorrow.

Just arrived tonight. Decided to go to Hollywood Studios. Arrived at 7pm and placed a mobile order at ABC Commissary. It took ten minutes plus twenty minutes to eat, so off to rides at 7:30.

No lightning lanes or genie+. We are DVC annual pass holders.

We rode:

TSMM - posted 40, waited 19
SDD - posted 55, waited 41
MMRR - posted 30, waited 14 for pre show

Overall a nice start.

Did early entry for HS this morning. Staying at BLT and took bus. Got to HS around 745am and they were already letting early entry people in. Scanned in with no issues thankfully. Went to slinky’s and waited in line and at 830 the line started moving and was off within 10 min or line moving. Then went over to TSM and five minute wait. Then had a LL$ for runaway train. Love that ride. Then had lightening passes for RnR. Now in line with lightening passes for ToT but four of the elevators are down so moving really slowly. Have a LL$ at 10:40 for RotR. One thing I don’t understand is I am unable to book anymore lightening lane rides until 11:15. Even though we’ve scanned in for our last lightening lane. Do they limit how many you can do in a day?

Did early entry for HS this morning. Staying at BLT and took bus. Got to HS around 745am and they were already letting early entry people in. Scanned in with no issues thankfully. Went to slinky’s and waited in line and at 830 the line started moving and was off within 10 min or line moving. Then went over to TSM and five minute wait. Then had a LL$ for runaway train. Love that ride. Then had lightening passes for RnR. Now in line with lightening passes for ToT but four of the elevators are down so moving really slowly. Have a LL$ at 10:40 for RotR. One thing I don’t understand is I am unable to book anymore lightening lane rides until 11:15. Even though we’ve scanned in for our last lightening lane. Do they limit how many you can do in a day?
have you done both taps for Tot?

Productive Epcot rope drop. No lightning lanes or G+.

Entered at International Gateway 9am, in Park at 9:16
Remy - 20 minute wait (9:36)
Soarin - posted 10 minutes, walk on
Living with the land - posted 5, waited 3
Sunshine Seasons break
Nemo - posted 10, waited 16 (posted 25 by that point and the ride was being wonky)
Turtle Talk - no wait
Figment - posted 25, waited 12 (the ride seemed down part of the morning)
Lunch time!
Back to resort then we will decide where to go tonight.

Sunshine Seasons break
Nemo - posted 10, waited 16 (posted 25 by that point and the ride was being wonky)
Turtle Talk - no wait
Lunch time!
Sounds great!! How was Remy?

Sunshine Seasons break
Turtle Talk - no wait
Lunch time!
I'm curious. You actually arrived to the IG at 9:00? Or that is when the line started moving? Trying to decide what time to walk over from Dolphin. Also, how do they merge the Remy line for the guests entering the IG vs from the front of the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter