I’m really trying to be just happy we are here but it’s things like this that really irritate me about the way they’ve upped the attendance currently.

You shouldn't have to work at being happy at WDW, but hats off to you for trying so hard. We have no plans to use the bus system for anything this trip. We're a boat away from the MK and everything else will be Uber. Everything I read about the busses is they are just horrid right now- and we were always dedicated bus users.

I hope your trip ends on a high note tonight. I suspect next week is going to be rough, but we'll put on the happy faces for my grandson. I'm not sure how long he'll survive the long waits in the sun, he's always been susceptible to dehydration and is very heat sensitive even when we are super careful with him. Our cure was always FP+, short waits for secondary rides at rope drop and lots of indoor breaks just getting snacks and drinks. He'll want to do it all regardless so I hope it's not a trip full of no's, can't do that. I don't so much care about my experience, I just want it to be a decent trip for him after all the disappointments.

We just returned and I will say over and over how key rope drop is more than ever! The lines grow very quickly and unfortunately get and stay worse throughout the day in all parks. HS for us was the most insane of all the parks. We were at SSR and have to say loved it and the buses were better than ever for us...really only waited long for one bus all week.

You shouldn't have to work at being happy at WDW, but hats off to you for trying so hard. We have no plans to use the bus system for anything this trip. We're a boat away from the MK and everything else will be Uber. Everything I read about the busses is they are just horrid right now- and we were always dedicated bus users.

I hope your trip ends on a high note tonight. I suspect next week is going to be rough, but we'll put on the happy faces for my grandson. I'm not sure how long he'll survive the long waits in the sun, he's always been susceptible to dehydration and is very heat sensitive even when we are super careful with him. Our cure was always FP+, short waits for secondary rides at rope drop and lots of indoor breaks just getting snacks and drinks. He'll want to do it all regardless so I hope it's not a trip full of no's, can't do that. I don't so much care about my experience, I just want it to be a decent trip for him after all the disappointments.
We’re at AKL, and no car. And honestly the buses have been right on until last night for dinner (though we should have been out at the stop a bit earlier too!) and this morning. I said to DH we could’ve slept in another hour, not gotten a BG snd gotten here at park opening to do just TOT… I think that’s why I’m frustrated. We did everything right. Currently sitting and sipping a Starbucks so I’m a little more calm! 😂

Disney is now sending Guests to Beach Club Bus Depot instead of Boardwalk Inn Bus Depot for transport from Epcot to Hollywood Studios and the Skyliner Resorts when Skyliner is down.

Hopefully Buses are plentiful now,a good while back when we we were directed to BWI Bus Depot,it took A LONG time for a Skyliner Resort Bus to come-Guests were on their phones calling Disney and everything.

Has anyone been to Disney Springs recently? I'd like to do a little shopping on our arrival day, first Saturday in August. We like to go to World of Disney, the Christmas Shop, and a Star Wars store. However, if we have to wait outside a store in line, I'll head to Blizzard Beach instead.

Thanks for your help.

Has anyone been to Disney Springs recently? I'd like to do a little shopping on our arrival day, first Saturday in August. We like to go to World of Disney, the Christmas Shop, and a Star Wars store. However, if we have to wait outside a store in line, I'll head to Blizzard Beach instead.

Thanks for your help.
was there 2 sundays ago and it wasn't bad. There was a line for World of Disney but it moved constantly and was basically just like a funnel of people moving into the store in the same door.

with the social distancing measure out the window, are we still seeing really long lines for things? Like FEA wrapping into China?

with the social distancing measure out the window, are we still seeing really long lines for things? Like FEA wrapping into China?
I don’t recall the FEA line since it was down the few times I was by there but the line for the boat inside the Mexico pavilion was always out the door. There is no longer a line to enter the pavilion, you just enter different sides depending on what you’re doing. (Dining/shopping one side and ride the other) It was packed in there the days we went in.

The morning we did HS we arrived around 9:30. We went to Starbucks and got breakfast first thing. (Waiting for our RotR boarding pass window) and the line for ToT was down to Starbucks.

Thanks for your help.
I was there yesterday. There was a line for WoD but it went very quickly. It does get hot though. There is only one entrance (by Basin) and all the other doors are being used for exits from the store.

So we complained at guest relations this morning before leaving the park about the bus and how it put us behind. There were 3 people fielding complaints and issuing DAS cards. The CM who helped us said that 20 more have been hired and they are training now. I asked him as well as the CM on Twitter (who replied to my cast compliments) to please let whoever needs to know know that things are not good. That they could and should have kept the cap in place until they had staff available. I also said it was a bad look for Disney- and I felt bad for them having to hear it all day long. There are so many CMs working hard and trying to make magic. Many others are training and doing what they can to keep up. If you’re coming soon please remember they are not the ones who caused this and they are taking on a lot right now. Be nice.

We were there July 11-17. We stayed at the GF.

The Good
The resort was beautiful. I had requested to be near the walking path to MK and that request was granted. It was super convenient and we used the walkway a lot. I would highly recommend this resort.

We love mobile ordering and used it frequently.

Fireworks being back makes such a difference. We didn’t stay to watch at Epcot but saw the MK fireworks every night. (From different places)

The Just Okay
We usually like to have one sit down dinner a day. That didn’t happen this time. I had a slew of reservations but changed them or cancelled them while there. It was either too hot to travel to the various locations or transportation was too slow or crowded. We ended up joining the walk up list for Kona, Tony’s (had never even considered this one) and Grand Flo Cafe. Surprisingly, Tony’s was the best of the three. Of course, they all have basically the same steak on the menu and my husband had a steak at all three. He said Tony’s was the best. And their tiramisu was really good. The other restaurants were fine but nothing special. I wasn’t disappointed in any of the food and we had a lot of pretty good counter service, just wasn’t like our past trips.

Transportation was fine. We only experienced one long wait for a bus at Epcot. Never rode a bus that was full but we never stayed at a park until closing. (Except MK and we walked) Mask compliance on buses and monorails was good. I never saw or heard anyone giving a driver trouble because of it.

The Bad (and not really that bad)

It was hot! I know it’s Florida and summer but we haven’t been in the summer since 2019 and had forgotten how hot it is. Wear lots of deodorant, drink lots of water, and bring enough clothing to change if necessary.

It was crowded. We are all vaccinated and not concerned or upset about being near people. Just saying this for anyone that is uncomfortable around people. If there weren’t some families/people in masks, you would have thought it was 2019. There are no social distancing rules. It is shoulder to shoulder in a lot of places. Stores are busy and people are everywhere. You will be sat with other parties on rides. You will have people right against your back in lines. People will squeeze their families right up against you on benches and anywhere you’re sitting really. Lines were long and people will not give you space. Again, I’m okay with all of it but anyone that isn’t should reconsider.

I did see the overflowing trash cans. Not everywhere and not in abundance but I did see some. I’m more upset with people than Disney though. People throw stuff in bushes or leave their trash on the ground. It’s disappointing. Disney probably does need more staff and seems they’re working on that. I just wish people would be better.

Epcot construction is massive. Walls all over. World Showcase had fewer food options than before (until food and wine started) and we spent way less time there than prior trips. It’s also pretty much a giant bar in the evenings. It wasn’t a big deal for us since our kids are older but if I had little ones I’d probably skip Epcot in the evening. JMO

Overall, we had a great time. Traffic to and from was crazy! For the first time my husband said he’d rather fly. (He hates flying) Florida is packed. We had to practice a lot of patience.

Im going to teach you an Ohana trick! ( hahaha!) since the monorail isn’t running to the Poly, it’s “pretty” easy to get a lunch reservation for Kona. We are just leaving here now, the place is less than half full. Anyway, here’s the “trick”
Order the chicken stir fry ( chicken with the Ohana noodles and veggies)
Get the potstickers and the sticky wings
Then, ask for the bread pudding. Yep, they have it! Ice cream and warm caramel sauce and all. It’s the “best” of Ohana, waaayyy less money and no crowds!
enjoy!

Im going to teach you an Ohana trick! ( hahaha!) since the monorail isn’t running to the Poly, it’s “pretty” easy to get a lunch reservation for Kona. We are just leaving here now, the place is less than half full. Anyway, here’s the “trick”
Then, ask for the bread pudding. Yep, they have it! Ice cream and warm caramel sauce and all. It’s the “best” of Ohana, waaayyy less money and no crowds!
enjoy!
We did Kona for dinner and they allowed me to order the noodles even though they aren’t on the dinner menu. I opted for the tofu option, which was really good. We also had the Bread Pudding. In fact, every table around us had the Bread Pudding. It was sooo good!

Enjoying a bit of a break with time to write a bit about our trip so far. We had one night at CBR then three nights at Kidani.

Friday 7/16 CBR - HS - AKL - EPCOT
Boarding Group 35 (LTE)
Skyliner 720 third in line at gate
735 walk up to gondolas
752 in line HS
8:04 ToT line
830 welcome announcements
840off ToT
843 RR down, waiting
913 off RR
922 TSM
We then headed to galaxy’s edge for some ronto wraps and our Ogas reservation. As for Rise timing I have a picture in the stormtrooper room at 11:15am. All rides were listed as very high at this point. We got a text our room at AKL was ready so we headed there for a bit then off to Epcot. We mixed rides with food booths. Soarin was listed at 40 minutes and we waited 15 and 18. SE walk-on. Three caballeros was listed at 10 and we waited almost 20. The line is VERY tight. I assumed 10 meant walkon and I, very regrettably, was wrong. Husband is a vegetarian and he has been very pleased with the food offerings. It was surprisingly very easy to get around the WS, even on a Friday night of opening weekend. Lines for booths did get a bit long which I chose to skip. American pavilion is a great place to stop for air conditioning! We were tired so we found a spot for fire works around 815.

saturday 7/17 AK-MK
Got to the kidani bus stop just after 630. There was only a couple other people on the bus and a second one arriving as we left. Held at the bridge for FOP, not the tree. Unfortunately I do not remember exact times for when we were let back, but the shuffle to the actual queue is not fun. People behind you trying to maneuver their way forward to gain a few spots. It’s wild what some people do. We were probably within the first five groups to ride, which is basically walkon. Headed to safari next, no wait. Then Everest, about 10 minutes. Kali, no wait. Maharajah Trail, Everest again, 10 minutes. Dinosaur 10 minutes then at 1050 we seated at Nomad Lounge (SO GOOD!).
Headed to springs. Hot and pretty busy. At 115 the Gideon’s wait was 3.5 hrs. I got called back at 4:05 but was at MK by then. Lines at MK are longish across the board. Shorter than listed time though. CoP walk-on. PM 15 mins (with delays), listed 35. BTMR 15, listed 35. Pirates 20, listed 40. Space Mtn and Splash lines looked very long. We found a spot near the Walt/Mickey statue around 730. We had our backs to the rails facing the statues but off to the side a bit. Perfect viewing. Finished the night with Splash which was listed at 70. We were off 10:15. Sat in the front row and got absolutely drenched. Unlike any time we’ve ever ridden! It was like someone was throwing buckets on us.

Sunday 7/18 HS - ????
BG 5!! (LTE)
Got to the Kidani bus stop around 730. It was us and two others. Lined up for TSL. Such a cluster. Same deal as the FoP rope drop. People get real pushy to save a couple minutes (big eye rolls). Just after 8:30 the walked us back. We ended up further back due to people shoving their way up but ended up getting pulled fwd because they needed a group of 2. So we ended up on the second car of the day. Then did TSM twice.

Rise was down in the morning and because we had done ToT and RR the other day we decided to do Smugglers(a first for us). We have always skipped this because we’re with our kids usually. We waited 70 mins (yuck). Got the pilot position and we did alright! Our BG was called while we were in line for SR so we headed there next then docking bay for lunch. Same as the other day, all rides have very high wait times at this point. Gotta rope drop HS it’s a must unless you like waiting in the sun. Back to AKL for a break then either Epcot or MK. Not sure yet! Probably both now that the monorail is running!

Details - just to make this even longer 😆
It is VERY hot and humid. Drink lots of water, grab a small handheld fan. I do not love being so close to others (or ever really, haha) in this kind of heat. The sweat, the smells, yuck. Busses have been great for us. We either have been very lucky with timing, or they have been sending them very frequently. We made it back to Kidani after fireworks + a ride before 11pm. Crowds are definitely heavier than when we were here in May. It’s hard to say if they are back to “pre-covid” levels. Sometimes it seems they are but other times it does not. I’m happy we do not have our double stroller (and kids) this trip because it would be very tough. MK seems the most discouraging if you’re looking at wait times in the app. Things have changed since I was here in May so I don’t have a good visual on length of lines and how it relates to wait times. When there was social distancing I had a decent idea on what the waits would truly be. I was up in the air about how I felt about FP (we are a strictly FP family. Never ride anything without one) because things have gone well without it since reopening. But this visit has me definitely wanting it back in whatever form they will offer it. Happy to answer any questions. We are here until tomorrow! 590518

Really?! My favorite thing at Ohana is the dessert. We like Kona too. I may just have to try this. Thanks for the tip!

enjoy!

Well we did exactly this back in April and found the noodle with chicken at kona (only on lunch menu) were not the Ohana noodles at all and the pot stickers and chicken wings while good were also not the same as Ohana!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter