We'll be at MK too! I'll be happy to be able to take off my mask outside, I do have asthma and about died last August when I went on my solo trip. I know I'll leave it on when I can, and will wear it when I'm supposed to, but I do have problems in the heat and humidity for long periods of time so it will be much easier for me this trip.
I’m very excited about the more lenient mask restrictions too. Last time we couldn’t even remove them for pictures. This is a graduation trip, so I’m glad the photos will be much better!

Here now and thought I would post as a non mask wearer as it seems all posts are from maskers. I hate the mask. I’ve come Aug of 2020 and Jan of 2021 and it sucked wearing it outside.
It’s amazing to not wear it outside. Also I would say a majority are not wearing it outside. The posts here make it seem most are and I’m not seeing that at all. I will take it off everywhere so don’t have to wear it. I also read somewhere you need to wear it in lines outside but majority of people are not doing that. Only once you get up to the entrance, then people put it on. Crowds, people in lines, none of that bothers me one bit. I’m not covid scared and haven’t been. Not trying to debate with people, just giving my views since all the posts here seem to be the opposite.
MK today is pretty crowded. Hoping it thins out later. DS yesterday was good during the day but got real busy last night. Again, none of that bothers me. Feels like old times! I say bring it on!!!

Hey everyone! I am loving the reports! Not sure if I should ask here but I do have a couple questions. Our trip is June 14-22 so we are less than a month away. We are staying at Coronado springs. What time should we be at the bus stop if we want to first each day? Also if we are park hoping but want to grab dinner at a quick service, can we still order our meal even though we are not in the park in the morning? So like we start at HS but want to eat at AK. How does that work?

We stayed at CSR May 8-15. We did shoot for 1.5 hours before park opening, but didn't usually quite make it. I still think that we got on the first bus of the day because I watched in the app and it appeared the first busses were arriving 6:40-6:50 for 8am parks. (App was not completely accurate but still kind of nice.) We stayed in Casitas, which is the first stop to get picked up. Occasionally we were full at the first 1-2 stops and bypassed the other stops so I was glad to get on at Casitas. Perhaps in June they will be filling the busses fuller.

We did not park hop, but I don't think there is a requirement to be inside the park when mobile ordering?

Hey everyone! I am loving the reports! Not sure if I should ask here but I do have a couple questions. Our trip is June 14-22 so we are less than a month away. We are staying at Coronado springs. What time should we be at the bus stop if we want to first each day? Also if we are park hoping but want to grab dinner at a quick service, can we still order our meal even though we are not in the park in the morning? So like we start at HS but want to eat at AK. How does that work?
I can't comment on buses at CSR, but I can on the mobile order situation. We often set up mobile order when not in a park, usually on a bus on the way to a park, or in our room well before we got to the park. We've done breakfast at Woody's lunchbox while still in pjs in the room, we've ordered lunch while on the bus at 7am headed to the park, and we've ordered dinner at one park for much later in the evening while waiting on a bus to leave a different park after lunch (specifically leaving MK around 1pm and putting an order in for dinner at Satuli Canteen at AK for dinner at 5:30pm). We've done this on 4 trips and never had any issue, generally works well in our favor to figure out what we want when we want it well in advance so we don't have to fight for time slots and have it all taken care of. Of course we've only just gotten to park hop on 2 of those 4 trips, but still no issues at all, and have never been in the park when we've set up any of the mobile orders, just make sure the park your eating at later is for after 2pm.

Continuing with our reverse strategy of going to parks in late afternoon (we are normally hardcore rope droppers), we arrived at DHS Sunday at 4. We rode TSM x 2 (posted 20, actual 10-12), SDD (posted 60, actual 32), Saucers (posted 5, actual 5), and Runaway Railroad x 3 (posted 20, actual 15). First time on that ride and thought it was ridiculously fun. We lucked out and made it into the line about 30 seconds before close so we rode it 3 times in an hour.
Based on some of the reverse RD reports that I have seen, I am seriously reconsidering some of my RD plans for late June. Maybe I will mix it up a bit. I am not what anyone would consider an early morning person. But, when I am at WDW, it is impossible for me to stay in bed. So, RD is usually my way to go. This will be a solo trip, and I will have a lot of flexibility.

We always RD AND go back later in the day, we always do as much by lunch as we can, have our ADR, then leave. We have a break and then go back later on in the afternoon/evening and do a ton of stuff too. At HS we can usually get as much stuff done (if not more) that we did in the morning, the only park that doesn't usually hold true with is MK for some reason, but we still get so much done. We will be there for a full week starting next weekend, with first park day Memorial Day because we're crazy lol, so I'll let you know if it's crazy to go and try to do the parks in the afternoon. We loathe the parks midday, but love them first thing in the morning and at night, so we always make the most of both strategies and hope they'll help us on this trip. We are, of course, just happy to be there, this will be my 6th trip since reopening so I'm not too worried about it. I do hope that as the months go by things can start to loosen (because the world is getting better), and stuff starts coming back, fingers crossed because I do have more trips planned lol
This is our strategy a lot as well. We get there in the morning, do a few rides, have lunch, and then leave, heading back to the parks in the evening. We've had so many enjoyable trips with this strategy! We'll be there over Memorial Day too -- I'm wondering just how crazy it's going to be! LOL
We sorta do both as well. We typically get to the parks early, take a break, and then go back until closing. We’ve always been able to ride/do everything we wanted. This was our strategy during spring break 2 months ago, and we had no problems. We will also be there the week of Memorial Day. Our first day will be Memorial Day at MK nonetheless! I have no doubt it’ll be busy, but I’m sure it’ll be fine. I’m looking forward to some of the restrictions being lifted, since we were there last time.

I will also be there over Memorial Day, my 8 day trip starts this Saturday but I deliberately chose Memorial Day for my pool/resort day at GF. If I go into MK at all it will be after my dinner ADR at Chef Mickey’s. But I have always, always been a rope drop/leave for midday break/go back at night person. Mom just raised me that way, lol...we did that on our family trips growing up. Even pre-covid that was the way to go imo. I chose a split stay between GF and YC specifically for that ease of rope drop, I like to rely on my feet and to have non-bus options to get home.

My only concern is what time the GF walkway opens and how long walkers are held there and at Crescent Lake for HS.

I will also be there over Memorial Day, my 8 day trip starts this Saturday but I deliberately chose Memorial Day for my pool/resort day at GF. If I go into MK at all it will be after my dinner ADR at Chef Mickey’s. But I have always, always been a rope drop/leave for midday break/go back at night person. Mom just raised me that way, lol...we did that on our family trips growing up. Even pre-covid that was the way to go imo. I chose a split stay between GF and YC specifically for that ease of rope drop, I like to rely on my feet and to have non-bus options to get home.

My only concern is what time the GF walkway opens and how long walkers are held there and at Crescent Lake for HS.

The only hold at HS is prior to tap in. If you arrive way too early, security won't allow you to get into the queue area. I only know this because our daughter and her SO were running last fall and were unable to go beyond the entrance to the bus area -- probably 6:30ish a.m.

I did this strategy long before Covid as well, it's just how I roll, I can't do it any other way lol. I can't speak for the GF walkway since I haven't stayed there since it opened, but I have stayed at EPCOT resorts on almost every trip (4 total) since reopening and we have never been held on the walkway. We always left the resort around 7:15 (BCV, YCx3) and have always been some of the first in the park. In fact, when I went in August I was the absolute first person in the park. This trip we're at Riviera because we are taking a more chilled approached, on account of the previous 5 trips in the last year, but I'm never concerned about the walkways opening with plenty of time to get us to the parks with time to spare. I had friends at GF a couple of weeks ago that were some of the first in the park and walked, so obviously it opened early (they did NOT keep track of time though, I was constantly getting texts every nigth asking what time they needed to do stuff the next day lol).

DHS is a lot hotter today, but it seems like it’s going better operations wise.

Tower of Terror is closer to full capacity and they’re loading every row. They are actively looking for single riders in Tower of Terror and adding them to groups of two in rows of four with a seat between them.

They’re also loading every row in the Frozen Sing a Long with an open chair between groups.

I was also able to get a boarding group for Rise! 6th times the charm!

…Just be sure to get your quick service orders in early. Woody’s Lunchbox was full until 2pm by 10:50am.

Glad to see that report. Seems a vast majority here are rope-droppers, so it's hard to find too many reports of what it's like later in the day. Of course, my trip isn't until 4th of July weekend, so not only can things change a lot by then, but the holiday weekend could make any reports moot as that weekend could be crazy busy.

Still, when I go to Disney, I'm 100% the opposite of rope-drop - the earliest I go to any park is about 1pm - sometimes even later, and I pretty much stay to park close. I definitely sleep in, then relax, make breakfast, read on my balcony, and wander around the resort for the early afternoon, or stroll over to Disney Springs if I'm staying at Saratoga. I'll often take boat transportation to other resorts, or DS bus to another resort and then walk into the parks from there, or take a boat (I prefer boats whenever possible for the slow pace and the scenery).

I'm still hoping maybe by July, the rules may relax even more, maybe they'll drop the masks altogether by then if vaccinations keep up, and various shows, fireworks, and closed venues will reopen, rides may start filling all rows to reduce the lines, etc. Probably not as soon as July, but who knows...either way, I'm just looking forward to getting away somewhere after a year and a half of being stuck around home and work, so even if I don't ride any rides, and just walk around seeing the Disney scenery again, I'll be happy.
I think we are converts on the rope dropping. It has been so much more relaxing sleeping in, DD8 is happier and not as tired. I was always the one screaming “hurry up, we are going to be late!” and freaking out about being on the first ferry, getting to rides, etc. Now we wake up whenever, have a little breakfast in the room, DD watches some TV (which we never do in the morning at home), get to the pool for 10 am opening, and go back to room around 2 for showers. People arriving at 1130-12 at the SSR pool have been out of luck—all the loungers are taken by then.

I think we are converts on the rope dropping. It has been so much more relaxing sleeping in, DD8 is happier and not as tired. I was always the one screaming “hurry up, we are going to be late!” and freaking out about being on the first ferry, getting to rides, etc. Now we wake up whenever, have a little breakfast in the room, DD watches some TV (which we never do in the morning at home), get to the pool for 10 am opening, and go back to room around 2 for showers. People arriving at 1130-12 at the SSR pool have been out of luck—all the loungers are taken by then.

Pre-Covid, I generally go to Disney World 4-5 times a year, each time for 4-5 days. I have been a DVC member since 1996 and always had annual passes, and live in South Florida just a few hours' drive away. Because of that, my Disney trips varied between a few different styles. I sometimes go with friends, especially those who don't go often or have never been, and those trips tend to be more about trying to get on all the popular rides, see the shows, etc. It's more about them than me, and I'm sort of the 'host'. Sometimes I travel with family (all adults, no kids) and rides are skipped almost entirely - it's about being at the parks and slow-pacing it, enjoying restaurants and cocktails and people-watching...we generally hit all the higher-end restaurants and concentrate more on evenings than afternoons. And sometimes I travel solo, where I can do whatever I want at whatever pace I want...I tend to concentrate more on photography, hit some rides if the lines aren't long or if I can score fastpasses, but nothing is a 'can't miss' or 'must do', so I can skip rides if the waits go too long. I definitely sleep in on those trips, as I will often be at parks until AFTER park closing hours - staying extra late waiting for most people to stream out so I can take photographs with more empty parks. I still like to enjoy meals and cocktails, but skip the real high-end places which wouldn't be as fun or worth it by myself. I generally don't even make ADRs when traveling solo. Bars are always great places at Disney when solo because most people are very conversational and like to chat among strangers.
The July trip will be solo, then I'm up there again in September with family, and December with a friend...probably January 2022 with family again, then solo after that. I do tend to like the adult family and solo trips the best, where I'm not feeling like I'm on a mission or schedule to cram in as much as possible - but at the same time, I still enjoy when friends who have never been or haven't in many years are having fun - so I'm OK with one or two trips a year being a little more hectic and scheduled!

We missed RD at DAK this morning and by the time we got there, a little after 8 a.m., the FoP queue was already 90+ minutes, so we didn't do it. Instead rode NRJ after a very short wait, then did KS twice, waiting about 35 minutes each time (posted was over an hour in both instances).

We've had fantastic safaris the entire time we've been here. I could go to DAK every day and do nothing but back-to-back-to-back-to-back, etc., safaris and be quite happy. And a few FoPs too!

Great MK evening. Much shorter lines than we are used to in May this early (normally only the last 90 minutes this short). We were there 5:30-8:00.

- walk on teacups (posted 10 minutes)
- walk on Dumbo (posted 5)
- walk on barnstormer (posted 5)
- walk on little mermaid (posted 15)
- Pooh 20 minutes (what Disney posted, tp said 15)
- dinner at cosmic rays. No issues with mobile order
- walk on Buzz (posted 5)
- 15 minutes space mountain (Disney posted 25, tp said 15)

Here now and thought I would post as a non mask wearer as it seems all posts are from maskers. I hate the mask. I’ve come Aug of 2020 and Jan of 2021 and it sucked wearing it outside.
It’s amazing to not wear it outside. Also I would say a majority are not wearing it outside. The posts here make it seem most are and I’m not seeing that at all. I will take it off everywhere so don’t have to wear it. I also read somewhere you need to wear it in lines outside but majority of people are not doing that. Only once you get up to the entrance, then people put it on. Crowds, people in lines, none of that bothers me one bit. I’m not covid scared and haven’t been. Not trying to debate with people, just giving my views since all the posts here seem to be the opposite.
MK today is pretty crowded. Hoping it thins out later. DS yesterday was good during the day but got real busy last night. Again, none of that bothers me. Feels like old times! I say bring it on!!!
I know how you feel, from reading the posts here it seems people love the masks. I am not anti mask at all, but feel so much happier not wearing it. I think 95% of the people outside had masks off, maybe more it seemed. In the queues it was not enforced at all and wearing was like 80%. On the attractions and inside it was from what i witnessed 100% compliance. At the hotel - Boardwalk 100% compliance inside, and outside the lobby no one wearing masks. People following the rules for the most part but the mask police luckily waning.
I think most people are ready to be done with the masks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter