Crowd capacity is the same, 35%. And many days reservations have been full, but people were still able to park hop. Lines are long, plan on walking double the miles due to crazy long queues. Those lines can be deceiving and wait time usually isn’t nearly as long as you’d think. The heat and sun are brutal, and you’ll be spending a lot more time in lines in the sun. Last summer they added umbrellas to the outdoor queues, but I haven’t seen those umbrellas out in months.

I recently was talking to a friend who’s in the know. According to what they’ve been told there are no plans in the works to change anything this year. Not sure what 2022 will bring.
No plan to change capacity at all in 2021? That doesn't seem right.

The size of your party will have a big impact on this too I would think. I was able to grab 2 Hollywood studios days morning of a couple days ago. The problem being to switch you need to cancel the reservations you have and you might get stuck with nothing. Really wish it was like the fastpass reservations where it had a “modify” option...

Omg yes. They have this for dining already if they notice a conflict. I have to admit the couple times I did modify parks for my last trip, I got SUPER nervous doing so with fears I'd be stuck with nothing.

Did anyone add a Universal day during recent trips? What do you all think the average operating hours will be for summer?

We're visiting in late June and I was going to make our one (and only) Universal day a Thursday but as I'm looking now I notice they close around 6/7PM for each park on weekdays with weekends having longer hours. Did they have longer hours during spring break on weekdays? Hoping they would do that for summer.

With Park Pass availability being so touch and go in June I want to make sure if I switch my plans I do it in advance! Right now I have Animal Kingdom reserved on our Saturday so I could swap it with Universal if need be...

Ate it right there in the Trail's End dining room.
I normally eat breakfast each morning at the resort QS, but I have found during my pandemic trips that I really enjoy sit down breakfasts. The food was not very good at the QS in those brown boxes except for a ham and cheese omelet. It was cold and greasy. I took uber or lyft to a resort with easy transportation to my park that day and just treated myself this trip. MK, I went to WCC every trip, plus tried the Wave, Kona and Grand Floridian Cafe for the first time. HS, I went to Ale and Compass and Trattatoria. For AK, I just planned to eat a last breakfast at Pongu Pongu in Pandora. And, I had one Epcot morning and ate at Topolino's since Epcot opened at 11.

I normally eat breakfast each morning at the resort QS, but I have found during my pandemic trips that I really enjoy sit down breakfasts. The food was not very good at the QS in those brown boxes except for a ham and cheese omelet. It was cold and greasy. I took uber or lyft to a resort with easy transportation to my park that day and just treated myself this trip. MK, I went to WCC every trip, plus tried the Wave, Kona and Grand Floridian Cafe for the first time. HS, I went to Ale and Compass and Trattatoria. For AK, I just planned to eat a last breakfast at Pongu Pongu in Pandora. And, I had one Epcot morning and ate at Topolino's since Epcot opened at 11.
Yep. Lesson learned. Normally, the QS breakfasts aren't horrible. I think it's going to be all nutrigrain bars or table service for breakfast during our next trip if things aren't back to "normal".

I apologize in advance if this can be found elsewhere, but Im kind of hoping for a quick easy breakdown of mobile ordering! My trip is in 10 days & I wanna feel like I know what Im doing. I was trying to explain to my brother-in-law who is traveling with us and would never read through forums like this lol & realized I didnt really know specifics. How does mobile ordering work? What I mean by that is, how far in advance should I order? When do I say Im there ready to pick up? And people are saying its easier to find places to sit bc things are more controlled?
You can actually try it out from home, just don’t actually submit the order.

Go to your My Disney Experience app, pick a restaurant, for example Cosmic Ray’s in MK, pick the half hour timeframe you’d like to eat in, pick out all your food, and that’s it. Then, when you’re a couple minutes from showing up at the restaurant (I always seem to ride Space Mt before Ray’s, so I do this part when I hit the Space gift shop) you just hit “I’m here, prepare my order” in the app and wait outside until you’re notified it’s ready, then go in, pick it up at the counter and enjoy.

edited to add: I always know where I’m eating lunch in each park, and about when I’ll be hungry, so I just do my order before I leave my hotel in the morning. Dinner is less concrete, so I either snack, or have an ADR.

Order early. It doesn’t apply to QS AS counters, but you never know if it will be the day that your choice is everyone’s choice.

For example, right now @12:50, the first pickup at Woody’s Lunchbox in HS is 2:35-3:95.

And then will probably be waiting to actually get the food.

I suggest you read the menus, decide what to order, and pick your time when you are standing in line for a ride early+to-mid morning.

You can be halfway across the park when you rap I’m here in response to their notification that you are in your selected window (make sure Push Notifications are turned ON on your phone. It can take 20 minutes still to get your food. Mainly standing around. You will a notification when the food is actually ready. Sometimes there are people in front of you for that.

The notification will show which numbered window has your order. Often, you will be showing your phone screen, so don’t tuck it away just yet.

I make it sound horrible. It’s not bad. But if you Wait until you are hungry... not good.

Did anyone add a Universal day during recent trips? What do you all think the average operating hours will be for summer?
We just spent one night there at the beginning of our trip during Spring Break (3/25). Both parks were open on the Thursday night until 9pm and Friday was until 10pm. We are hoping to add another night at the beginning of our trip in July. We usually do this on our arrival day so that we get a 1/2 day then a full day before moving over to Disney but we also have passes so we aren't paying full price for a 1/2 day.

Crowd capacity is the same, 35%.

I recently was talking to a friend who’s in the know. According to what they’ve been told there are no plans in the works to change anything this year. Not sure what 2022 will bring.
Another thread on this forum said capacity is increasing starting Memorial Day so not sure which person “in the know” to believe

Another thread on this forum said capacity is increasing starting Memorial Day so not sure which person “in the know” to believe

That is complete hearsay at this point though. There is a lot of speculation that they just shifted some of the annual passholder spots over to resort and ticket reservation people. Not a park capacity increase. With how fast those June dates are getting filled up again it makes sense they did not increase capacity but rather shifted around between annual passholders and resort and to get guests

I'll second this. :thumbsup2 I always carry an umbrella in my bag (Floridian - I like to be prepared!) and have used it for sun/heat protection at WDW for decades. And yep, discovered during the pandemic it works REALLY well for keeping people a safe distance from me, too! Mine's tiny and in theory would only give me about a 2' radius of distance from others, but people seem to be scared enough of getting poked that they actually give me at least 4' or more, lol!

My umbrella goes with me for shade or rain!

No plan to change capacity at all in 2021? That doesn't seem right.

I was told that with more attractions opening, more reservations will open to fill the queue and attraction. But would still be at a 35% capacity. Guess we’ll see.

I’ve seen articles about an increase coming soon. But I was told otherwise. I guess we’ll find out soon then. Also see my response to hereforthechurros.

We just spent one night there at the beginning of our trip during Spring Break (3/25). Both parks were open on the Thursday night until 9pm and Friday was until 10pm. We are hoping to add another night at the beginning of our trip in July. We usually do this on our arrival day so that we get a 1/2 day then a full day before moving over to Disney but we also have passes so we aren't paying full price for a 1/2 day.

That's great to hear, thank you! I think we'll leave our dates alone then- seems like they'd likely extend it for summer. If Disney is gonna be busy, I expect they will too.

It sounds small but I'm so happy to get a picture of my and my kiddo without masks! His first ever trip to WDW was in Nov. and it bummed me out my first pictures of him there were all masked up. I even sprung for Memory Maker because we're gonna take all the photos now. (Which I'm sure was part of their reasoning for loosening the restriction lol!) Just 68 more days to go!

That's great to hear, thank you! I think we'll leave our dates alone then- seems like they'd likely extend it for summer. If Disney is gonna be busy, I expect they will too.

It sounds small but I'm so happy to get a picture of my and my kiddo without masks! His first ever trip to WDW was in Nov. and it bummed me out my first pictures of him there were all masked up. I even sprung for Memory Maker because we're gonna take all the photos now. (Which I'm sure was part of their reasoning for loosening the restriction lol!) Just 68 more days to go!

Not small at all. I totally understand. We have been 3 times since they reopened and have a whole lot of mask pictures. In fact, they just changed the policy three days after our last trip :(. Looking forward to the unmasked pictures again.

I carry a UV protectant umbrella.
My umbrella goes with me for shade or rain!

I have noticed several people mention carrying an umbrella with them even for when it is not raining. Do y'all have ones that fold up rather small for on rides but otherwise keep them out all the time? Any links to examples of the ones you have? My wife loves the idea of having one for shade or rain, but I am concerned about dealing with it on rides or in stores etc. Thanks!

I have noticed several people mention carrying an umbrella with them even for when it is not raining. Do y'all have ones that fold up rather small for on rides but otherwise keep them out all the time? Any links to examples of the ones you have? My wife loves the idea of having one for shade or rain, but I am concerned about dealing with it on rides or in stores etc. Thanks!

Mine folds up fairly small. It’s an old Vera Bradley poppy fields print. It fits perfectly in my Loungefly. A mini-totes umbrella is pretty small too. I bring an empty bag to stick it in when it’s wet before placing it in my Loungefly.

We got this one just as much for sun protection:

https://www.amazon.com/Umenice-Prot...el+Umbrella+Ultra+Light&qid=1618529786&sr=8-1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter