As far as rides for Animal Kingdome we only do Pandora and the Safari. Is it still best to rope drop or are the lines manageable (around an hour) towards closing? We would love to sleep in on our AK day like normal as we usually have been lucky to snag FOP Fast Passes on previous visits, then waited in line for the other two without issue.
Merged you with this thread as there are a lot of helpful people here who can help you out.

When we were at Animal Kingdom last week we got in the FoP line around 3 PM and it had an hour wait. I'm not sure what Safari was like later in the day as we rode it early. I don't think FoP ever got above 70 minutes the whole day we were there.

These posts about the guards at Contemporary turning away people with Contemp Cafe mobile orders is disappointing. We might do what another poster suggested & try to get an ADR at The Wave for 7:30AM but just eat the $20 fee & get QS food.

Returning to WDW in a few weeks for the first time during COVID and wondering how difficult and/or challenging it is to pick up a snack or drink around the World Showcase and find a safe place to remove the mask to eat and drink safely during something like Flower and Garden? I will truly miss the eating and drinking while walking as in years past so wanted to better understand how it is going? Any tips or lessons learned on this experience would be much appreciated.

P.S.Any ideas on nice, out of the way spots to get distanced while enjoying a beverage would be helpful. Prost!

One morning the Uber driver had to drop us at the World Drive intersection because we were too early for our ADR at the Wave.

How early is "too early" for an ADR at the Wave? We have an 8:05 and an 8:20 ADR (2 different days), and was planning to arrive at CR around 7:15 via Lyft if possible. (MK opening at 8am on these days)

Last edited:
How early is "too early" for an ADR at the Wave? We have an 8:05 and an 8:20 ADR (2 different days), and was planning to arrive at CR around 7:15 via Lyft if possible. (MK opening at 8am on these days)

We've never been turned away at the guard stop that early for a reservation BUT I would be prepared to wait until your reservation time, if not longer, to be seated at the Wave.

We eat there frequently (as recently as last week) and find them notoriously slow to seat. The mobile check in won't let you check in until 15 minutes prior to your reservation time so you'd have to approach the temp taker outside the restaurant to even see if they'll let you check in early.

It might work out but wanted to warn you that they have been extremely busy here lately and we have yet to be seated "on time."

These posts about the guards at Contemporary turning away people with Contemp Cafe mobile orders is disappointing. We might do what another poster suggested & try to get an ADR at The Wave for 7:30AM but just eat the $20 fee & get QS food.
I have to disagree with you on this one. To me, it sounds like people are talking about making a reservation so they can get to MK as early as possible by skirting the rules of the designated rideshare drop offs because the TTC lot isn’t opening early enough and/or skirting the two hour time limit on driving (aware that not everyone is leaving their cars all day) so your car is closer. Nobody goes out of their way to get a mobile order from Contempo Cafe. They are obviously tracking this phenomena and I think we will start seeing stricter policies on resort parking for those not staying on property, at least during the opening hours. I get that it’s disappointing, but so far I haven’t seen anyone write about actually being sad they missed out on the food.

Day 3 is in the books for me and I am settled back in my hotel for the day after grabbing some dinner to take back to the room from Chicken Salad Chick (Yummy! and their portions are so big this will be dinner or lunch for at least 3 meals!)

So, this morning I had a Hollywood Studios Park Reservation. I watched the countdown clock, did all the "right" things, and as I hit "Join" right as it clicked to 7 AM, but MDE glitched and rebooted. I initially planned to just keep my plans and head to HS anyway...but after checking availability, decided to try for a boarding group tomorrow.
We had a glitch at 7am Monday too! So frustrating, but god to know it wasn’t just me!

Feb. 25-Thurs-Magic Kingdom

Up and at ‘em at the Ranchos bus stop at 7:40. Our longest morning wait. On the bus at 8:00. Through MK gates at 8:20, easily walking through. Straight to Mine Train.

Mine Train-25 min wait
Peter Pan-10 min wait
Big Thunder-35 min wait, 40 posted
Splash-40 min wait, 60 posted

Was hoping to get through things quicker this morning but it just wasn’t happening. Walkways were empty but lines climbed fast. Took photos in front of empty castle and grabbed buffalo chicken tots at Friars Nook. Yummy. But hard to find seating. Sat on a bench near the new turrets. Almost 12:00.

Mermaid-10 min wait, 30 posted
Space Mountain-30 min wait
Speedway-8 min wait
Pooh-20 min wait
Haunted Mansion-30 min wait, 25 posted. This was the only wait longer than posted but we hit a cleaning cycle abs stopped dead in our tracks in the direct sun for 10 minutes.

Lunch at Skipper Canteen at 2:15. Food was good and atmosphere but we weren’t really hungry unfortunately. Strolled down Main Street, took photos, saw the Dapper Dans.

Buzz-25 min wait
Pirates-30 min wait
Mickeys Philharmagic-20 min wait
Jungle Cruise-15 min wait
Splash-25 min wait, 50 posted

End of day. Shopped in emporium, just had to wait like 5 minutes to get in. Lines were a little longer than I had expected, especially in the early morning. Had hoped to get in one or two more things. Sad to miss Small World but lines stay long for this. But aside from fantasyland and Tomorrowland during lunch walkways were very open. No waits for photo pass. Coasters loading one party per car. Absolutely loved the new castle colors. On a sunny day it just shines and sparkles!!! Mask compliance was excellent. 15 min wait for the bus back to Coronado. More late night food and drinks at Three Bridges. All in all a great day!

The Wave opens at 7:30 but you can check in around 7:20. But also, remember, that you'll need to make your way there. I had a 7:30 this morning at the Grand Floridian and arrived at the guard gate at 7 AM. And I'd rather be early and wait at the restaurant than be rushing from the parking lot.

Buses currently start running 45-60 mins before park opening so using Disney transportation is this situation will not get you there in time for a 7:45 reservation. Possibly a slightly later reservation will open?
Thank you. I’ll keep trying for a later reservation but I’m thinking it’s not likely 😔

I am back in the hotel getting some rest after my morning in MK

I had a 7:30 AM reservation for breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I arrived at the Grand around 7 AM this morning told the security guard I was there for breakfast. He didn't check to see although I had my pass out for him to scan (VS on Sunday afternoon, I arrived around 1 PM and the guard checked). Also interesting of note: on Sunday afternoon, the guard directed me to park over by DVC/Spa. This morning's guard motion me to the resort guest parking.

It was pouring down rain this morning but, after parking, I popped my umbrella and dashed to the entrance of the Grand.. I made my way to the GFC and checked in. I was called right at 7:30, was given a paper menu because the QR Codes weren't working (AND the Disney website showed the menu didn't exist when I looked on my phone)

I ordered as soon as I was seated (The Grand Breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage, has browns - served with biscuits). Frankly, it was just ok. my eggs were cooked differently (one over hard, one over medium) and the bacon was kinda limp. Has browns were the best part. In the past, I've gotten Steak and Eggs, Pancakes, and Quiche - those were all better choices.

I was finished with breakfast and climbed the stairs to head to the monorail. Though the rain had stopped, I decided I wasn't up to that much walking before I even got into the day. The guard asked if I was going to the Contemporary for breakfast and I said "No, Magic Kingdom". He hesitated, looked at his watch, and said "OH, it's 8 AM. You can go"

I boarded monorail yellow (and did not like the social distancing barriers in there. Rather than being split in half, the car was divided into fourths and felt claustrophobic.

When I exited the monorail, I was the ONLY PERSON there - and a ticket attendant came running over to stop me and asked "How did you get here?" I told him as the monorail was pulling away and he said "OH, I guess they weren't paying attention" I was alone there being asked to wait, another family got off the next resort monorail. I was held until about 8:12. About this time, others began arriving from the ferry , resort boats, and walkers.

Those of us waiting were allowed to go to the tap stiles before the folks from the ferry were released over. They directed everyone to the far right At 8:17 we were allowed to begin filtering through and I was on Main Street by 8:18.

I headed to Peter Pan 1st which turned out to be a good choice as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was down all morning (and was still down as of 2 PM when I left - though looks to be up now at 3:20) (Pirates was down from open until around 10:30)

After Peter Pan, I did some photos with photo pass photographers while the park was still mostly empty around those areas. I was able to do the following before 10:40AM: Big Thunder, Splash, Flying Carpets, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan again. I was in line to go to Mickey's Philharmonic at 10:48, got held for another show, and bounced at 11:15 as I had a 11:30 lunch reservation at Tony's and wanted to be early so that I had a better chance of sitting outside.

For lunch, I had a salad, fried mozzarella, a latte, and the chocolate-hazelnut budino. The patio was wonderful - almost too chilly to be honest as the rain cooled things off! The Dapper Dan's sang atop the train station. I saw most of the cavalcades go by - they are doing shorter ones this week with just a single float and/or a character on a horse. Tink has her own cavalcade now. Mickey's float had him, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, and the "Mickey Get Your Ears On" dancers. Minnie was missing today and one of the dancers was standing in her spot. Also missing: Pooh isn't with Rabbit, Eeyore, and Piglet.

After a quick peek into the Emporium, I headed back to the Grand Floridian via the resort launch (I love that boat) and then headed back to the hotel.

I am heading back to Magic Kingdom around 4:30 or 5. I have a 6:45 Cinderella' Castle reservation. And hopefully to ride 7 Dwarfs as it seems to be up now.

NOTES: MASK compliance was about 95% and the crowds didn't seem as crowded as the previous days.

AND: If you are a larger family/group traveling together please, please, PLEASE make things easier on yourself and the Cast Members by knowing WHO is riding with WHO AND what the seating is on each ride. I saw families getting up to Peter Pan today not quite clear which kid was riding with mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, etc). And yesterday, they had to STOP Toy Story Mania as a group of 18 had to decide which adult had which of the six or seven kids with them.

Were you not staying at the GF and left your car there after having breakfast, instead of moving it to TTC parking lot?

Were you not staying at the GF and left your car there after having breakfast, instead of moving it to TTC parking lot?

Actually, I asked the guard. He said I could stay as long as I retrieved my car by 2 PM. I know it's not a given and if he'd said no, I would have moved my car before going into MK. I knew I could easily make his requested deadline as I was planning to leave as soon as I'd had lunch at Tony's (so I was pulling out of the Grand before 1 PM).

I'm an Annual Passholder and the guard also knew that I wasn't trying to skip a parking fee.

So many things to overthink now! Going to DHS on sun 14th. Official opening is 9am. Thinking rope drop is then probably 8:15-8:30? Have an 8:25am savis so anyone who knows how I get in for it orrrrr if you think that’s a really bad idea and we will miss out on too many short waits please lmk. Staying at universal so planning to Uber. Does the parking lot typically open 90 mins prior to official opening so 7:30? Is that leaving universal then just after the big boarding group attempt? Thanks!

Good question so I'm going to piggyback vs starting a new thread. I was wanting to know the same for MK. We never rope dropped in the past because we have always been able to get FP for the rides we like. Was hoping to rope drop MK via ride share, but it seems as if the busses may actually be faster since the Ferry from TTC doesn't start until later.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I didn’t find a forum for shopping and merch. We are in the parks now and looking for “wonderful world of Mickey Mouse” (the new cartoon) merchandise. Any ideas where we might find that? TIA!

So many things to overthink now! Going to DHS on sun 14th. Official opening is 9am. Thinking rope drop is then probably 8:15-8:30? Have an 8:25am savis so anyone who knows how I get in for it orrrrr if you think that’s a really bad idea and we will miss out on too many short waits please lmk. Staying at universal so planning to Uber. Does the parking lot typically open 90 mins prior to official opening so 7:30? Is that leaving universal then just after the big boarding group attempt? Thanks!

From our experience at DHS last week, the parking lot started lining up cars 60 minutes early and allowing cars in 45 minutes before official park open. Your 8:25 Savi's reservation will be hard to make using Uber, in my opinion.

If you can push your Savi's reservation back to later in the day, I would. Those early hours are pretty nice for riding the big ticket rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter