I'm glad they're taking names at the bus stop and getting people in the order they arrived. When I was at CBR a couple years ago, it was always a scramble to get on the bus in the order you arrived. some people were good about making sure the ones that came before them got on, but others weren't aware of any of their surroundings.
I don't think this is the norm. We just returned from a 10 day trip at Poly and there was NEVER a CM at the bus stop or anyone taking names...there were times it got pretty confusing and awkward

We were in MK today, Monday Sept 28. Very manageable in morning. We ate at Cindys at 11:40, will give review in restaurant forum. Much more crowded in afternoon, and a torrential downpour. Saw a Simging in the Rain cavalcade, which was really fun.

Great report! Where is the locator permission that you turned off on you phone? Is it in the Disney app?

If you are asking how to turn off Location Services on an iPhone:
Settings. Privacy. Location Services is near the top.

Lol, nope it's correct. I wish it weren't as I looked at the menu and am not thrilled. Good luck

We got one for Rose & Crown instead... not sure if we are going to keep it, depends on if the F&W Festival is still going on. If it is we will just eat our way around the booths all day. 🙂

Went to HS today, Sept 28th. Drove our rental car & was waiting at the toll booth by 8:50am. Waited about 10 minutes to be let in to park. We parked & walked in with barely a wait but there were tons of people.
We headed to Slinky Dog first since I had read that getting a boarding group in Toy Story Land tends to have better odds & we had never been. I feel it was a good choice as after we rode Slinky we scored BG 14!! Whooo Hooo!

We then did Toy Story Mania & then to ROTR. The ride was better than I expected. I had steered clear of most of the spoilers so I was pleasantly surprised by some of the ride. It was very good & if you have the chance, definitely ride.

It was then time for lunch which was quick service for us & it was just ok. We had Rosie’s & I had plan our meal time ahead & hit the prepare my meal on the way. So that worked well & we found a table pretty easily.

then ride TOT which was a long over hour wait, mostly in the sun. Then to MMRR which also was just over an hour, mostly in the sun. We lucked out in that it had just started to rain when we got to the theatre entrance. It is a really fun ride that I wish was a little longer in length & I wish they had us in each room a little longer to see more.
It was pouring when we came out but we pulled out our umbrellas & walked over to the backlot express for an early dinner. Hard to find a table but we did that was a little bit misty from rain but we ate our food just fine. Again the meal was just ok. I wish they would do better with the meals at Disney.

we finally then went to MFSR and I wasn’t impressed. That is probably a 1 & done for me. Got a little sick with the motion simulation And the controls are super sensitive so hard to maneuver.

at this point it was still raining so we went back to ride MMRR one more time. Only took 40 minutes standing mostly out in the rain but it is a cute ride. Rain had stopped on our way out. We could have gotten in 1 more ride but we were tired.

the day was VERY HOT!! It was 86 & felt like 96 with the humidity. Masks make this feel so much worse. I have lung sensitivity from having had COVID and I’m still having issues back at my room. I’m happy we have a break & will not be in a park again until Wednesday. Masks are fine until it is very hot & very humid. After the rain it was easier but I can’t wait for this mandate to be over.

overall the lines for every ride were ridiculously long. They need to increase capacity on the rides like load every row. It can’t continue like this.
These are my observations from being there today.

What’s the elevator ride like for Haunted Mansion? (I guess my question is, what are they doing for social distancing?)

We are just back from a long weekend trip. MK on Friday, AK on Sat. HS on Sunday. We were staying at CBR. My thoughts:
-loved skyliner, totally bummed it was closed for lightning on our return from HS on Sunday.
-loved not being jam packed on to buses.
-We rode basically everything and some things twice.
-CM were very strict about people taking off masks for pictures in front of the castle but on the contrary I observed numerous times someone entering a line carrying beers and squeezing past everyone to "catch up" with their party deep into the line. I didn't feel this should be allowed, due to them passing by everyone in tight quarters and also carrying drinks that should really only be consumed while stationary. I saw this happen at least 7-8 times in 3 days.
-getting a boarding group for ROR was beyond nerve wracking and I hate to even say this but I think my kids liked MFSR just as much as ROR, if not more!
-this was my first time riding FOP, we rode it twice and I literally could have rode it 10 more times, that's how much I liked it.
-I had brought disney gift cards to do mobile order but I discovered that the app will not allow you to use a gift card for the order unless you are depleting the balance...in other words, what I was purchasing needed to cost more than what was on the gift card and then I would use my credit card for the rest. The one day mobile ordering was down and it was chaos!

Last edited:
My dh, 4 kids (9, 7, almost 3, and 5mo) and I I were at magic kingdom today. We ended up leaving the hotel (offsite) later than expected and didn’t get into the park until about 9:45. The good thing though was that when we entered Main Street the cadaver Dans were singing and we essential walked beside them as they sang all the way to the castle! That was pretty awesome!

We started off with the carousel with about a ten minute wait. Then headed to do barnstormer with another 10 min wait the first time and ride it twice due to rider swap. Then ended up on Tomorrowland speedway with about a 15min wait. and again used rider swap. We tried to meet up with some family but the timing didn’t work out well and we wandered the parks a bit. We saw the Jack Skelington cavalcade and my daughter loved that Jack told her happy Halloween. Then we had a very refreshing citrus swirl which is one of my favorite treats. The kids and my dh explored the treehouse while I fed the baby. They are all decided that they like tarzans treehouse at DL much better.

After this we took the monorail to capt cooks for lunch. This was a much needed break from the humidity and heat and masks. The kids were a bit disappointed that we had only done three rides all morning. I was frustrated about this too. Not what we were wanting our trip to be like.

After lunch we felt reinvigorated and were finally able to meet up with family. My bro in law doesn’t like crazy or fast roller coasters so he watched the 2 youngest while they slept in the stroller and the rest of us went in space mountain. It was posted at 60min and we waited about 70min. Afterwards I realized I forgot to ask about rider swap to the first cm, so when I exited the ride I asked about doing it and they okayed it! So my dh took our boys on it again while I fed the baby and entertained the youngest. We said bye to family too. It was now about 5pm and we had only done 4 different rides. Luckily we were able to squeeze in pirates and then we split up for the older ones and dh to do splash and I took the younger ones on magic carpets.

The day ended better than it started, but it was still quite a disappointing day when we normally do about 15 rides/shows a day compared to 6 today. My boys mentioned on the way to the hotel that they thought Disney world would be funnier than this. They liked it, but it was not what they were expecting. We usually go to DL and use max pass to its full potential so this was hard for them (and me). We are hoping Epcot goes better tomorrow and are planning to have the morning go more smoothly to get there early.

We are just back from a long weekend trip. MK on Friday, AK on Sat. HS on Sunday. We were staying at CBR. My thoughts:
-loved skyliner, totally bummed it was closed for lightning on our return from HS on Sunday.
-loved not being jam packed on to buses.
-We rode basically everything and some things twice.
-CM were very strict about people taking off masks for pictures in front of the castle but on the contrary I observed numerous times someone entering a line carrying beers and squeezing past everyone to "catch up" with their party deep into the line. I didn't feel this should be allowed, due to them passing by everyone in tight quarters and also carrying drinks that should really only be consumed while stationary. I saw this happen at least 7-8 times in 3 days.
-getting a boarding group for ROR was beyond nerve wracking and I hate to even say this but I think my kids liked MFSR just as much as ROR, if not more!
-this was my first time riding FOP, we rode it twice and I literally could have rode it 10 more times, that's how much I liked it.
-I had brought disney gift cards to do mobile order but I discovered that the app will not allow you to use a gift card for the order unless you are depleting the balance...in other words, what I was purchasing needed to cost more than what was on the gift card and then I would use my credit card for the rest. The one day mobile ordering was down and it was chaos!
Hmmm...you must have had a weird issue with your giftcard. We used gift cards for all mobile orders earlier this month with no issue...odd.

Finally built up the courage to take my teens to Epcot (Wednesday) & MK (Thursday). Has there been any cases reported after visiting Disney? Do you all feel safe sleeping in a hotel? Just trying to get a feel. I usually travel 75+ nights a year for work and stay in hotels. It feels so odd to me. It's been 7 months. Any tips for hotels? Any tips for Epcot & MK? Thanks in advance.

Finally built up the courage to take my teens to Epcot (Wednesday) & MK (Thursday). Has there been any cases reported after visiting Disney? Do you all feel safe sleeping in a hotel? Just trying to get a feel. I usually travel 75+ nights a year for work and stay in hotels. It feels so odd to me. It's been 7 months. Any tips for hotels? Any tips for Epcot & MK? Thanks in advance.
We haven't been to the parks, only Disney Springs, everyone was compliant there, temp checks getting in, hand sanitizing machines in every restaurant, waitstaff properly wearing masks, socially distance tables, no problem, we avoid weekends, so mid week was very quiet, which we love! We stayed 3 times summer at Riviera, DIsney Vero, and Disney Hilton Head and couldn't be happier with Covid procedures! I felt safer there than say shopping at Publix or a Walmart.
Enjoy! :-)Florida numbers are quite good now. Hope that it remains now with no restrictions on the 50 percent...Orange County as of now is still mandating mask wearing, although the state guideline removed that restriction on Friday. Hope that going forward through fall with Covid and flu season, that mask wearing in public places continues to be mandated in Orange County.

I'm glad they're taking names at the bus stop and getting people in the order they arrived. When I was at CBR a couple years ago, it was always a scramble to get on the bus in the order you arrived. some people were good about making sure the ones that came before them got on, but others weren't aware of any of their surroundings.

How does one not get on in order if people are lined up at the bus stop? Was there no queue? We always queue at CBR, so not sure what the issue was?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Are people finding it easy to get a reservation into the parks, restaurants, etc? Toying with the idea of making a quick trip down before we go to visit family in the tamp area, but not willing to spend $$$ if we can't go where we want to?

Just go and stop worrying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter