Double checked my flight changes with Southwest, and what do you know, they actually had changed my return flight to a 1-stop... grrr. Nothing in their email to me noted this. I was able to change it just now to a later non-stop for no additional charge even though the price had gone up. Phew!

Coolbrook: I'm curious as to the cost to rent one from Gold Mobility? I have been thinking about this for my husband to use, as he had back surgery and is unstable on his feet at times. I'm glad to hear you liked so much. Thanks:)
On their website today a price of $69.99 for a full 7 days is quoted. I thought that was very reasonable. They deliver it to you at your hotel in person. You do need to reserve it in advance though. My sister tried to get a same day scooter rental from Gold Mobility for my mom on our trip in January, and they told her it had to be reserved ahead of time. Great service and I highly recommend the company and the product.

At DHS today. We were “first in line” in our uber waiting for the parking lot to open (opened at 9:10). We were in the park by 9:25, rode MMRR and were off that by 9:45. Waited in Galaxys edge for a rise boarding group - we got 8! This will be our first time for rise! It’s not running yet so fingers crossed that it does open. In line for Smugglers now.

One thing I have not seen posted here: there are no parking lot trams running. I had forgotten my handicapped hanger and had a hard time walking from car to entrance and then the entire park too.

Probably not an issue for average guests.
Should have taken resort bus once we saw this.

Can anyone say what is happening at Tutto Gusto right now? Can you actually go in and have drinks and food or is it take out only?

Double checked my flight changes with Southwest, and what do you know, they actually had changed my return flight to a 1-stop... grrr. Nothing in their email to me noted this. I was able to change it just now to a later non-stop for no additional charge even though the price had gone up. Phew!

This happened 3 times (!) to my flight last week. And 2 of the 3 times I didn't even receive the email. If you're flying southwest, be sure to recheck your flight every so often. If you notice your nonstop now has a stop, change it online to the next most convenient nonstop.

Just left our Disney bubble. It was a great trip! It was hot, but storms in the afternoon helped cool things off. Bring your ponchos!

Crowds were crazy low. We've never been through the Peter Pan standby line, so that was neat! We could have walked back on several rides with little wait, but wanted to keep going and do the next one. Our Jungle Cruise skipper was one of the funniest we've ever had!

As soon as we checked in to every table service meal we got a text saying they were ready for us, so be close by! They were asking people to check in using their phone versus going to the entrance at the restaurant. The only counter service meals we ate were at the Contemporary Resort and I had no problems walking up and making our allergy order. We also had no problems finding a place to sit and eat. It was really nice!

The park was the cleanest I have ever seen. The bathroom counters were even dry! There was someone in or nearby cleaning in every one I went. Tables and rails were being wiped down. We had to wait a couple of times for rides to be cleaned, but we were inside in the ac when it happened so it was a pleasant and cool wait! We watched the CM in Haunted Mansion wiping down each little post leading up to the ride. We have always commented on how dirty those must be, so this was nice to see!

We did get to see some preshows to rides (like at Star Tours), so that was different than what I expected. We did not see the one at Runaway Railroad, though.

The monorails stop an hour after MK closes, so we canceled our Kona reservation and just ate at Contempo Cafe so we wouldn't have to deal with transportation back to our resort. There was a bus we could have used that ran between the monorail resorts, but we choose to stay close.

It was so hot and we sweat a lot. I felt like the masks kept us from drinking as much water as we usually do. Take a bath cloth or something to wipe your sweat! Our family of four used three different types of masks and we were all happy with them, so that is a personal choice. Also, we really like the rides and don't tend to stop to watch entertainment, so we were fine with not having those options. We liked the little parades! It was short and sweet and then we were on our way. We walked by Crystal Palace and several characters were out waving and Stitch was on the Tomorrowland stage. That was so cool so see! It felt more personal. That was the magic! I missed the fireworks, but not the crowds. It was different but nice and we really enjoyed it!

This happened 3 times (!) to my flight last week. And 2 of the 3 times I didn't even receive the email. If you're flying southwest, be sure to recheck your flight every so often. If you notice your nonstop now has a stop, change it online to the next most convenient nonstop.
I'll second this. Southwest has been making changes to flights on the regular and unless you check your emails, you may not even know. We've seen 4 changes just since June to our flight to MCO. The last one changed us from non-stop to a stop in ATL. It will still get us there way sooner (11:30am) than the only non-stop left on that day (lands 7:55pm), so we are keeping it. We booked at $49 and today its at $266. Meantime, our return flight with American hasn't changed a bit and I booked that before the Southwest flight!

One thing I have not seen posted here: there are no parking lot trams running. I had forgotten my handicapped hanger and had a hard time walking from car to entrance and then the entire park too.

Probably not an issue for average guests.
Should have taken resort bus once we saw this.

I no longer own a car and rarely rent an SUV. But when I did, I forgot my car handicap placard, too.

I made color copies of my car handicap placard with the front and back both showing on both sides. I never had to use it. But I keep copies in my suitcase and in my wheelchair bag just in case I forgot mine.

My state's car handicap placard has the state info on it like my name, serial number, state phone number in case the police questioned the authenticity. I don't know they would work with police. But I could tape it to my car mirror if I was at WDW.

Just a suggestion.

I'll second this. Southwest has been making changes to flights on the regular and unless you check your emails, you may not even know. We've seen 4 changes just since June to our flight to MCO. The last one changed us from non-stop to a stop in ATL. It will still get us there way sooner (11:30am) than the only non-stop left on that day (lands 7:55pm), so we are keeping it. We booked at $49 and today its at $266. Meantime, our return flight with American hasn't changed a bit and I booked that before the Southwest flight!
Not only that, I got a call a week before I left asking if I would be willing to change the time of my return to a later time in exchange for a $200 voucher or 12,000 rapid reward points. That was kinda cool - I took a bump but didn't have to sit at the airport the whole time. And then, an earlier time came up so I changed it back almost to my prior time and kept the 12,000 points :teeth: (I actually asked the nice lady that called if that was allowed. She said absolutely but she'd be surprised if it happened. It popped up the next day. lol.)

My wife and I are going back for the first time since closure in about a week (we are FL resident AP holders and there have been a lot of block out dates). For those of you who have been there, any GOOD suggestions? And when I say good, I don't mean bring your patience. Has anyone come up with a good touring plan? We typically only spend about 2 hours in a park because we used to have constant access, but is that even possible anymore, or do we have to devote a lot more time?

FYI: We will be going to Hollywood

My wife and I are going back for the first time since closure in about a week (we are FL resident AP holders and there have been a lot of block out dates). For those of you who have been there, any GOOD suggestions? And when I say good, I don't mean bring your patience. Has anyone come up with a good touring plan? We typically only spend about 2 hours in a park because we used to have constant access, but is that even possible anymore, or do we have to devote a lot more time?

Rope drop continues to be the best plan. Do the popular attractions first or leave them for the last hour
Tons of reports here so you can read and learn from personal, recent experiences

We pretty much just made things up on the fly, TBH.

Just preparing everyone for the inevitable weekly “it was crowded” posts likely to follow later today. #weekends #saturdays

Hopefully the crowds help with their bottom line. It sucks for those having to experience it though.

A friend at epcot right now
View attachment 520855

That's the Canada booth, right? That booth would be crowded during the Zombie Apocalypse with a nest full of zombies right next to it :rotfl2:

You can get a ton done in two hours. Not many people are reporting about touring plans because they aren’t super necessary right now. Advice seems to be arrive very early (if you want to do Rise of the Resistance) or very late for low crowds. Have fun!

You can get a ton done in two hours. Not many people are reporting about touring plans because they aren’t super necessary right now. Advice seems to be arrive very early (if you want to do Rise of the Resistance) or very late for low crowds. Have fun!

No... star wars mens nothing to us. We just want TOT, Rockin, Mania, Dog Dash and Alien

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter