Here Now - HS on first day of no TSM FP

Greg Lembrich

Mouseketeer
At HS this morning. At front of RD crowd on Hollywood Blvd. Want to ride TSM first because this is first day of one track only/no FP. CMs are saying that they are having mechanical difficulties and will not open on time. Hopefully it will be open by 9:15 or 9:30. Not a great start. Standby lines will probably build fast. We are still going straight there since we have FP+ later this morning for everything else we want to do here. I'll report back.

At HS this morning. At front of RD crowd on Hollywood Blvd. Want to ride TSM first because this is first day of one track only/no FP. CMs are saying that they are having mechanical difficulties and will not open on time. Hopefully it will be open by 9:15 or 9:30. Not a great start. Standby lines will probably build fast. We are still going straight there since we have FP+ later this morning for everything else we want to do here. I'll report back.
Thanks for reporting in! :goodvibes

How early did you arrive at DHS?

This is the only thing I care about for our upcoming trip. Can't thank you enough for this report. If it looks that bad trying to do TSM...I plan on totally redoing that day's plans and FP's. Has me biting my nails.

We were second through the taps for breakfast, seated right at 8, fueled up, met the characters my daughter wanted, and were out on Hollywood Boulevard by 8:35 or so. The folks around us, who did not do PPO breakfast, report that they got here between 7:15-7:45 to be at front. We are now in the queue and there are maybe 20-25 people ahead of us. Announcing they are still on delayed opening without an estimate.

Thank you for reporting. We are going to try to RD this ride too because we're not planning on waiting a long time to ride.

We'll be in HS on 5/1 so I've been curious to see how the waits would be for TSMM. Seems like MDE is reporting 50 min wait and Lines is saying the expected wait is 39 min. Am I the only one who's really surprised to see this short a wait for 10:30am? Gives me hope for my trip though!

We'll be in HS on 5/1 so I've been curious to see how the waits would be for TSMM. Seems like MDE is reporting 50 min wait and Lines is saying the expected wait is 39 min. Am I the only one who's really surprised to see this short a wait for 10:30am? Gives me hope for my trip though!
Not really. FP+ really drives waits times up sky high. Without FP returnees wait times normalize to what is a more reasonable number. So no, a 50 min wait seems about right when you are only loading stand by riders

Not really. FP+ really drives waits times up sky high. Without FP returnees wait times normalize to what is a more reasonable number. So no, a 50 min wait seems about right when you are only loading stand by riders
That makes sense! And it makes me more hopeful that we'll be able to fit in a ride during our HS day! :)

Right! I was surprised to see it at 60 minute wait right now. I was expecting longer wait times. Hopefully it stays that way for our trip in 2 weeks!

That makes sense! And it makes me more hopeful that we'll be able to fit in a ride during our HS day! :)
This looks to be about a medium level crowd right now. I'd expect if crowds are higher, then more people will be in the parks and as such, more people in line so a longer wait. It will still move faster than a stand by line with FP+ folks there.

Right now at 12pm, its an 85 minute stand-by wait. Seems about right for mid-day, I think.

Yeah, wait times aren't going to be bad at all if there's 2 tracks open. Let's see how it is with only one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter