here now...horrible time with ART so far

i discovered tonight one problem is they have 1 bus running 1&2 line and there are a ton of hotels on the route that they have to stop at

Okay - so - staying at the Marriott next month (the convention center one) - sounds like we should walk over to the Toy Story Lot instead of trying to take ART? Does the Toy Story pick up really make the walk shorter? It looks like it might almost be half the distance to the park. How often is there bus pick up in that lot? Every 20 minutes approx?

We are thinking about just walking home at night - but since we will be going to the parks at mid-day 2 of our 3 days - we were thinking of trying to decrease the "walking in mid-day sun" part - so taking a bus TO the park.

Ugh we were planning on using it in a couple weeks. After reading this I may use cabs instead.

That's such a bummer. We've always had good luck with ART. One year, our hotel room had a view of the bus stop. So we would post one of our kids at the window to watch for the bus. Once they saw the bus, we knew we had about 20 minutes. Our hotel was the first stop, so there was always room.

Especially in heat like this, waiting for buses is usually
not recommended. Do feel bad about the ART experiences.

Bus strategy usually involves planning and timing.
Good to have an option A, B, C worked out.

Stanford inn is definitely in walking distance to the toy story lot! We have done it and it works great!

We found the ART to be a joke. Very frustrating experience. We were staying off property a few years ago and thought we would use it. What a joke.
Bagged that idea after first day. I think when it works, and is on schedule, it's great. When it doesn't--ugh.
I felt bad for families with little kids, getting antsy and impatient. I guess they haven't improved over the years which is too bad.

Okay - so - staying at the Marriott next month (the convention center one) - sounds like we should walk over to the Toy Story Lot instead of trying to take ART? Does the Toy Story pick up really make the walk shorter? It looks like it might almost be half the distance to the park. How often is there bus pick up in that lot? Every 20 minutes approx?

We are thinking about just walking home at night - but since we will be going to the parks at mid-day 2 of our 3 days - we were thinking of trying to decrease the "walking in mid-day sun" part - so taking a bus TO the park.

As was stated, the Toy Story shuttle runs continuously. There are typically buses waiting while the lead bus is loading. Even at less than peak times I'd think that they're leaving at least every five minutes. Drivers and Disney employees are OK with people coming from off the street to use the shuttle. I was given a signal to hurry and catch the shuttle, and I was clearly coming from an area without any parked cars. On the way back it also gives a few minutes to rest your feet.

Also, ART operates the Toy Story shuttle. However, it's not technically an ART route.

I too hate ART used it during one trip and never again. From that trip on it was walk or drive.

I would walk to the Toy Story lot and take to the park. It will cut the walk by about half.
Do you need art tickets also for the toy story lot? We are staying at the hilton and have art passes. But last time we stayed there it seems both Hilton and Marriot guests get on and we waited for like 30 min and no bus came and we walked there instead and when we arrived the bus that was supposed to pick us up was barely on its way.

After i got back i heard of the toy story lot which is just across the street from the hilton. Do we just walk inside and wait for the bus?

Do you need art tickets also for the toy story lot? We are staying at the hilton and have art passes. But last time we stayed there it seems both Hilton and Marriot guests get on and we waited for like 30 min and no bus came and we walked there instead and when we arrived the bus that was supposed to pick us up was barely on its way.

After i got back i heard of the toy story lot which is just across the street from the hilton. Do we just walk inside and wait for the bus?
Yes - just walk across the street! No ART passes required!

Yes - just walk across the street! No ART passes required!
wow thanks. And for those who use the toy story lot shuttle to get there do you grab the ART shuttle back? We never have trouble waiting for it to go back to the hotel and we usually go in at rope drop and don't leave until we are past the line of tired. What time does their shuttle start and stop?

Yep. There's an open pedestrian walkway. Disney CMs and management are well aware of it and allow it. The last time we did it, the CMs saw us and were waving at us to hurry up onto the next bus. There are usually multiple buses waiting. A bus leaves every few minutes, so once you're on a bus there isn't much waiting like you would do waiting for an ART shuttle to arrive at your hotel.

BTW - ART runs the Toy Story lot shuttle under contract. I've occasionally seen a white ART bus used for the route.

Does anyone know of any maps that might help me figure out where the Toy story lot is in comparison to the Standford Inn and how long that walk will be? We already bought ART passes for our November trip, but I am worried about using it with our 4 kids (youngest ones will be 2 and 11 months) and a stroller. Hopefully ART will work okay for us, but if not, I would like to have a backup plan.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! We had quite the opposite when we stayed at Peacock Suites a few years back. Great driver, always on time and always plenty of seating. Sad that they have gone down hill.....

Does anyone know of any maps that might help me figure out where the Toy story lot is in comparison to the Standford Inn and how long that walk will be? We already bought ART passes for our November trip, but I am worried about using it with our 4 kids (youngest ones will be 2 and 11 months) and a stroller. Hopefully ART will work okay for us, but if not, I would like to have a backup plan.

The Stanford Inn is about a mile from DL and the Toy Story Parking is probably about a 1/2 mile. So you'd have to walk down Harbor about 1/2 a mile, then go into the parking lot and get the bus. The ART stops right near the Stanford and you can just hop on it and it will take you to DL.

The Stanford Inn is about a mile from DL and the Toy Story Parking is probably about a 1/2 mile. So you'd have to walk down Harbor about 1/2 a mile, then go into the parking lot and get the bus. The ART stops right near the Stanford and you can just hop on it and it will take you to DL.

Thank you so much for the help! Hopefully the ART works out for us! I had no idea there was even a parking lot off of Harbor.. we have only ever parked in Mickey and Friends and the old Timon (I think) lots before.

The ART bus is a complete joke. One day it might be great and the next it may not show up. It depends a lot on where your hotel is on their route. I highly recommend you find alternative transportation. The ART bus sinks.

the first time we used art it was awesome. We were picked up on time and even got on the wrong bus but since we were the last passengers he took us to our hotel. the second time we waited for ever at hilton and it never came and evenif we would have waited we were not going to make it on so we walked. The ride back at night was fine. This time we are going to take everyones advice and just take the toy story shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter