Here NOW! 8/14 - 8/26

kevjencal

Earning My Ears
I am here for a (3) resort split stay with DW, DS 14, DN 19. Just checking out of Wilderness Lodge Villas this morning and just want to give an update since I really like all that I have seen from others.
Had dinner on Monday 8/14 at Whispering Canyon, first time, very cool. DW and DS asked for ketchup and boy did they get it.
Went to MK on 8/15 and 8/17.
DW and I took the KTTK tour and that was so cool. We did see Snow White and Cinderella underneath the castle just standing next to each other getting ready for their appearances. Great tour if you have not yet. Lunch was at Tomorrowland Terrace. Rode JC and HM.
All four of us did the HEA desert party. Great event to do, food was plentiful and the fireworks were fantastic. It is amazing how much food is wasted at the one we were at. Must be folks eyes are bigger than their stomach. Did see a few kids sneak into the viewing area just as the HEA started and they thought they were in the clear. But a CM caught two of them and I pointed out the other three and they were sent away packing. Tinkerbell's flight was cool too. Rode a lot of rides on 8/17 and did not have to wait very long either. Great two days at MK.
Leisure down day on 8/16
Took the Wilderness Lodge tour, rented a pontoon boat, had lunch at Geyser Grill, great food, too many flies however. Took boat from WL to MK - monorail from MK to EP and back - steamboat from TTC to MK and monorail to GF to watch Cinderella dance with her prince. Very nice. Finished with dinner at Trails End. Afterward on the walk back we saw several deer just hanging out on the trail and eating grass. They were aware of us but did not seem to be too spooked.

Finished this leg of the trip with the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. First time we did this. Awesome show, just simply awesome. We had table 64 and the host commented on our table as here favorite but would not tell us why. Now I experienced why for her.

All in all, things have been great so far. CM's are very friendly. Celebrating my 12 days of birthday here and am getting many wishes as I wear my button. Weather is very hot and steamy. Taking afternoon breaks and yes it has rained here everyday, but has not changed our plans one bit yet.

I will give more after our next leg is done at Boardwalk.

Sound like a great time so far. Look forward to hearing more. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like a great trip! We are heading to WDW in August of next year. I'm not looking forward to the heat but plan on taking many breaks in the afternoon back at the poor or just hanging out at the Resort. I've always wanted to try Hoop Dee Doo! How was the food? Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I am here for a (3) resort split stay with DW, DS 14, DN 19. Just checking out of Wilderness Lodge Villas this morning and just want to give an update since I really like all that I have seen from others.
Had dinner on Monday 8/14 at Whispering Canyon, first time, very cool. DW and DS asked for ketchup and boy did they get it.
Went to MK on 8/15 and 8/17.
DW and I took the KTTK tour and that was so cool. We did see Snow White and Cinderella underneath the castle just standing next to each other getting ready for their appearances. Great tour if you have not yet. Lunch was at Tomorrowland Terrace. Rode JC and HM.
All four of us did the HEA desert party. Great event to do, food was plentiful and the fireworks were fantastic. It is amazing how much food is wasted at the one we were at. Must be folks eyes are bigger than their stomach. Did see a few kids sneak into the viewing area just as the HEA started and they thought they were in the clear. But a CM caught two of them and I pointed out the other three and they were sent away packing. Tinkerbell's flight was cool too. Rode a lot of rides on 8/17 and did not have to wait very long either. Great two days at MK.
Leisure down day on 8/16
Took the Wilderness Lodge tour, rented a pontoon boat, had lunch at Geyser Grill, great food, too many flies however. Took boat from WL to MK - monorail from MK to EP and back - steamboat from TTC to MK and monorail to GF to watch Cinderella dance with her prince. Very nice. Finished with dinner at Trails End. Afterward on the walk back we saw several deer just hanging out on the trail and eating grass. They were aware of us but did not seem to be too spooked.

Finished this leg of the trip with the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. First time we did this. Awesome show, just simply awesome. We had table 64 and the host commented on our table as here favorite but would not tell us why. Now I experienced why for her.

All in all, things have been great so far. CM's are very friendly. Celebrating my 12 days of birthday here and am getting many wishes as I wear my button. Weather is very hot and steamy. Taking afternoon breaks and yes it has rained here everyday, but has not changed our plans one bit yet.

I will give more after our next leg is done at Boardwalk.

Sounds great!! I'd assume the rain you are getting is just short downpours as usual? Or is it lasting longer then usual?

No better way to celebrate a birthday! Thanks for the report. :earsboy:

The food at Hoop-Dee-Doo was very good, especially the chicken. Plenty to eat, they just come by and plop it on the table.
Does seem like there are some who do not like strawberry shortcake as a lot was left on many plates and even the plate brought
out by the waiters.
The rain here has been a welcome site and feel at times because of the heat. It has been short but also rather heavy at times.
It is really amazing what the temp difference is when you get in the shade. It has not rained were we are (Boardwalk) in two days
however, but hey my birthday has been great.
If you are celebrating a birthday, go to Club Cool in Epcot and you can get a FREE yes free Coke slush or other flavor. Be sure to wear your button.

More later....

OK, we are checking out of Boardwalk this morning. Still very hot here, WOW! Crowds are very manageable. Had 8am breakfast at Garden Grill on 8/19. Forty bucks a head is a lot to pay just to meet Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale plus get in line first for Soarin'. May not do that one again, but is was real nice for the first time. Afterwards went to TestTrack, broke down already. Luckily we did not go to TT first. Fastpasses are much to be desired after the first tier, selection is weak afterwards. Visa meet & greet was great with M&M. Saw Illuminations for the first time in 20 years. Still a real nice show. Hollywood Studios is the same story really, fastpasses are much to be desired. Star Wars land is coming along, getting geeked for that. Tough to see anything with Toy Story Land anymore. Pretty much hidden now from the SWL construction. The Star Wars show in front of the Chinese Theater is nice, but go behind the stage and you can see the character even better as they maneuver around. Sci-Fi Drive in was a bit over priced but hey you pay for atmosphere too I guess. Saw Pandora for the first time......WOW, very cool place. Hope to see it at night on 8/23. Flight of passage is the greatest ride in the World right now. Just like Soarin' only better. Lines for FOP were insane on 8/21 with an 8am opening......another WOW. Our fastpasses saved us there. DN and myself were on FOP and about 3/4 of the way through it broke down, just stopped. We were all taken off, put back at the head of the line and rode again immediately. 1 3/4 for the price of one. Saw the eclipse in Pandora....I will always remember where I was when I saw that event. If you have not done it yet, ride EE at night.....WOW again.
A few yuk yuks for you. Went into a restroom at Epcot. Saw what I assume was dad in the stall and his, I believe, about 12 year old son sitting on the bathroom floor in the corner probably waiting for dad. Now I can think of a hand full of better spots to do that. At Boardwalk lady #1 and lady #2 were just finishing a short conversation in the laundry area. It seems #1 had lost patience and unloaded #2's cloths out of the washer and placed them in the rolling used many times wire hamper to be dried yet. Lady #2 was obviously not happy about that. Finally, it has happened before but the clown pool at BW was closed because someone did a # in the pool. Yuk.
We are headed for Animal Kingdom lodge for our final leg. Savannah view, Wanyama Safari on 8/24 and MNSSHP on 8/25. I will inform after that if you care.

OK, we are checking out of Boardwalk this morning. Still very hot here, WOW! Crowds are very manageable. Had 8am breakfast at Garden Grill on 8/19. Forty bucks a head is a lot to pay just to meet Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale plus get in line first for Soarin'. May not do that one again, but is was real nice for the first time. Afterwards went to TestTrack, broke down already. Luckily we did not go to TT first. Fastpasses are much to be desired after the first tier, selection is weak afterwards. Visa meet & greet was great with M&M. Saw Illuminations for the first time in 20 years. Still a real nice show. Hollywood Studios is the same story really, fastpasses are much to be desired. Star Wars land is coming along, getting geeked for that. Tough to see anything with Toy Story Land anymore. Pretty much hidden now from the SWL construction. The Star Wars show in front of the Chinese Theater is nice, but go behind the stage and you can see the character even better as they maneuver around. Sci-Fi Drive in was a bit over priced but hey you pay for atmosphere too I guess. Saw Pandora for the first time......WOW, very cool place. Hope to see it at night on 8/23. Flight of passage is the greatest ride in the World right now. Just like Soarin' only better. Lines for FOP were insane on 8/21 with an 8am opening......another WOW. Our fastpasses saved us there. DN and myself were on FOP and about 3/4 of the way through it broke down, just stopped. We were all taken off, put back at the head of the line and rode again immediately. 1 3/4 for the price of one. Saw the eclipse in Pandora....I will always remember where I was when I saw that event. If you have not done it yet, ride EE at night.....WOW again.
A few yuk yuks for you. Went into a restroom at Epcot. Saw what I assume was dad in the stall and his, I believe, about 12 year old son sitting on the bathroom floor in the corner probably waiting for dad. Now I can think of a hand full of better spots to do that. At Boardwalk lady #1 and lady #2 were just finishing a short conversation in the laundry area. It seems #1 had lost patience and unloaded #2's cloths out of the washer and placed them in the rolling used many times wire hamper to be dried yet. Lady #2 was obviously not happy about that. Finally, it has happened before but the clown pool at BW was closed because someone did a # in the pool. Yuk.
We are headed for Animal Kingdom lodge for our final leg. Savannah view, Wanyama Safari on 8/24 and MNSSHP on 8/25. I will inform after that if you care.

Sounds like you are having a great time? How are you dealing with the heat? Taking breaks? Going back to the resort to swim? Obviously keeping hydrated! Lol! AK at night....is that during EMH or are they opened later now? Enjoy AKL, it looks amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter