• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here at DL now - short report

crazyj4488 said:
I don't know Cali too well so I'm not familiar with the Santa Ana's you all speak of and I didn't get angry at any of the cast members. I feel that the Disney cast members are truly one of the main reasons Disney is such a magical place to visit. Deep down, I knew it was a safety issue, but after getting fleeced over and over with $2.75 bottles of water, $7.00 hamburgers, and $6.00 shot glasses, you just start to come up with theories of evil corporate monkeys plotting to save or make that extra dime ;)

I know how you feel! I made a reservation for breakfast at WDW that ended up being $143 for four people (2 adults, 2 kids) that I had to prepay all at once. I ended up cancelling it because good sense prevailed! You gotta love Disney! I am glad you had a great trip and that your girlfriend got to see Remember too. And for what is worth, I keep paying for those $7 burgers because overall it is so worth if for my family but sometimes I think I might be just a tad crazy! ;)

crazyj4488 said:
Crowds were very quiet this Wed. However, the 7:45 PM Fireworks were cancelled due to "windy conditions at high elevations." I'll tell you...the air was PERFECTLY still (trees weren't moving at ALL) and people were ANGRY after they announced it. No one could understand why they cancelled the show and they gave only gave final notice right up until 7:45 (park closed at 8PM). Therefore, people burned an hour or more sitting around doing nothing when they could have been riding. They also closed just about all of the Fantasyland attractions an hour and a half before the fireworks started due to the scheduled show.

Has anyone been thru this fireworks cancellation from high winds before? I think it's an excuse and that they just didn't want to burn the tens of thousands in fireworks on a small crowd. Again, people were MAD. I saw many guests yelling at managers around the park after this happened. The pixie dust was running a little low this evening. I was, luckily, able to squeeze in one ride on Space Mt. in the 15 minutes I had before they closed everything down.

I managed to see the fireworks several times last week, from various locations (DCA, FrontierLand following Fantasmic!, in front of the Kodak Photo shop, one block closer to the park entrance) on different nights. That third night, my first one viewing on Main Street, they were making the "may be cancelled" announcements, so I was talking with (not yelling at :)) a CM. Apparently, the winds at the level at which the fireworks go off can be too strong to safely run the display. Sure, it's disappointing - but Disney never cancels fireworks at virtually the last minute to save money. If that were the reason, they simply wouldn't schedule 'em. Cheaper that way.

kaytieeldr said:
Sure, it's disappointing - but Disney never cancels fireworks at virtually the last minute to save money. If that were the reason, they simply wouldn't schedule 'em. Cheaper that way.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
Because they still have to have all the pyrotechnic guys there, all the security in place, all the extra CMs there etc... I'm sure they don't like having to cancel them either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter