Here at BLT for my first WDW visit!

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
Wow! I love this place! We are in a studio and I LOVE the separate bar/kitchen area. Love the decor. Dare I say that I like this bright modern decor more than the darker decors of Aulani and VGC? I feel like I'm cheating, lol. I love the layout of this resort and the food options. Had a wonderful, tasty, vegetarian meal at the Contempo Cafe. Loved seeing Wishes from the top of the world lounge. Had fun roasting marshmallows tonight. The pictures on the Internet don't do this place justice.

I am so glad for you that you are loving it as much as you are!!! I do not have it as a home resort but we were able to stay in a 1 bedroom for 4 nights a short while back and I loved it as well. That came as a surprise since I was originally not a lover of the decor...but have a different feeling now.

Enjoy your trip...and hopefully you don't let anyone try to take the smile off of your face !!!

I am so glad for you that you are loving it as much as you are!!! I do not have it as a home resort but we were able to stay in a 1 bedroom for 4 nights a short while back and I loved it as well. That came as a surprise since I was originally not a lover of the decor...but have a different feeling now.

Enjoy your trip...and hopefully you don't let anyone try to take the smile off of your face !!!

Exactly. I thought I wouldn't like the decor but I think it feels new and high end because of the decor. Love it!

Glad your first visit is going so well. Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Good for you, enjoy this special visit! We liked BLT enough to buy some points there. We also like watching Wishes away from the crowds!

Thanks for sharing your positive review!! My first stay at BLT is this fall. Can't wait!!!

Wow! I love this place! We are in a studio and I LOVE the separate bar/kitchen area. Love the decor. Dare I say that I like this bright modern decor more than the darker decors of Aulani and VGC? I feel like I'm cheating, lol. I love the layout of this resort and the food options. Had a wonderful, tasty, vegetarian meal at the Contempo Cafe. Loved seeing Wishes from the top of the world lounge. Had fun roasting marshmallows tonight. The pictures on the Internet don't do this place justice.

hey you left out my favorite - you can walk to the MK!

glad you are loving it. so definitely agree with you!:cool1:

hey you left out my favorite - you can walk to the MK!

glad you are loving it. so definitely agree with you!:cool1:

We haven't made it yet. Tried to go last night for EMH but there was a horrible storm. Today we went to Blizzard Beach. Tomorrow we are walking over to MK! :)

Loving that walk to MK. Oh why don't I own here ! Our next stay is at SSR. Only place I could get at 7 mos during the Dec/Jan holiday season. Key west is still available. I keep wondering how they will compare to BLT?

We don't like the Contemporary at all, so blt, as good as it is, isn't for us and we've been there two times

From the outside looking in, BLT never seemed to do much but underwhelm me. I was always a little put off by the fact that it disrupted the beautiful lines of the Contemporary skyline. That iconic building stood by itself for so many years, it has taken a while for me to get used to this new tower standing along side. I never felt like it flowed together. However, I shouldn’t have been too quick to judge this book by it’s cover. We added two nights in a 1BR at BLT onto the end of our May trip, and I was really, really impressed.

Firstly, location, location, location! Walking to the MK, being one monorail stop away from EPCOT, fireworks views from your room or TOTW Lounge, having a quick 5-minute boat ride to WL (my favorite place on property) or a short monorail ride to the Poly or GF. Food options are really good. I had one of the best steaks EVER at The Wave. I really enjoyed breakfast at the Contempo Cafe (the ordering scheme takes a time or two to get used to, and I felt that it wasn’t quite as efficient as Roaring Fork at WL, but I believe the volume of people served is substantially higher, so for what it is, the service is still pretty good.

Yeah – don’t be too quick to sell this place short. I would not hesitate to stay here again. This quickly became my second favorite DVC resort. Oh, and I’ve really come to enjoy it’s presence in the Contemporary skyline  :)

From the outside looking in, BLT never seemed to do much but underwhelm me. I was always a little put off by the fact that it disrupted the beautiful lines of the Contemporary skyline. That iconic building stood by itself for so many years, it has taken a while for me to get used to this new tower standing along side. I never felt like it flowed together. However, I shouldn’t have been too quick to judge this book by it’s cover. We added two nights in a 1BR at BLT onto the end of our May trip, and I was really, really impressed.

Firstly, location, location, location! Walking to the MK, being one monorail stop away from EPCOT, fireworks views from your room or TOTW Lounge, having a quick 5-minute boat ride to WL (my favorite place on property) or a short monorail ride to the Poly or GF. Food options are really good. I had one of the best steaks EVER at The Wave. I really enjoyed breakfast at the Contempo Cafe (the ordering scheme takes a time or two to get used to, and I felt that it wasn’t quite as efficient as Roaring Fork at WL, but I believe the volume of people served is substantially higher, so for what it is, the service is still pretty good.

Yeah – don’t be too quick to sell this place short. I would not hesitate to stay here again. This quickly became my second favorite DVC resort. Oh, and I’ve really come to enjoy it’s presence in the Contemporary skyline  :)

Exactly. So much convenience in one location.

Loving that walk to MK. Oh why don't I own here ! Our next stay is at SSR. Only place I could get at 7 mos during the Dec/Jan holiday season. Key west is still available. I keep wondering how they will compare to BLT?

hey some people would love to own at Aulani - although it is pretty far for me.
Old Key west is nice - it has 2 queen beds vs queen bed and double sleeper sofa.

OKW and SSR for me have the same problems - too far from the parks - you can walk to DD from SSR (and OKW). but no parks.

so they are generally the last to fill up. both have some great points. They are more like communities than hotel/resorts. You will have to walk. they both have fairly good bus transportation. both have boats to DD.

SSR is newer and has nicer stuff. OKW was DVC the originally - so the rooms/villas are bigger. Think with the latest upgrade at OKW it has the same stuff that SSR has.

both have one restaurant in the main area. both have 2 different snack areas (quick service) - one at the main pool and another at one of the community pools. (although SSR second quick service is a heck of a lot better than OKW)

okw has one slide with the main pool. SSR has 2 slides with the main pool - plus another pool w/slide (this is where the quick service is)

SSR is alot bigger than OKW. OKW has elevators in only 62-64 building - all the buildings at ssr have elevators.

the tallest building at OKW is 3 floors (although most are 2 floors)- think at SSR it is 5 floors (not sure)

because OKW is smaller but has the same number of pools as SSR - like it a little better - but walking to the marketplace is sure better at ssr than OKW,

the point cost for OKW is generally enough of a different for me to still go with OKW when I can.

now since the monorail and walking to the MK are the reasons that I brought BLT - as much as I loved OKW before sold it to buy blt - have no regrets.

love BLT!!! just about everything - but really love the walk to the MK. also own BWV because of being able to walk to Studios and Epcot. just lazy

hey some people would love to own at Aulani - although it is pretty far for me.
Old Key west is nice - it has 2 queen beds vs queen bed and double sleeper sofa.

OKW and SSR for me have the same problems - too far from the parks - you can walk to DD from SSR (and OKW). but no parks.

so they are generally the last to fill up. both have some great points. They are more like communities than hotel/resorts. You will have to walk. they both have fairly good bus transportation. both have boats to DD.

SSR is newer and has nicer stuff. OKW was DVC the originally - so the rooms/villas are bigger. Think with the latest upgrade at OKW it has the same stuff that SSR has.

both have one restaurant in the main area. both have 2 different snack areas (quick service) - one at the main pool and another at one of the community pools. (although SSR second quick service is a heck of a lot better than OKW)

okw has one slide with the main pool. SSR has 2 slides with the main pool - plus another pool w/slide (this is where the quick service is)

SSR is alot bigger than OKW. OKW has elevators in only 62-64 building - all the buildings at ssr have elevators.

the tallest building at OKW is 3 floors (although most are 2 floors)- think at SSR it is 5 floors (not sure)

because OKW is smaller but has the same number of pools as SSR - like it a little better - but walking to the marketplace is sure better at ssr than OKW,

the point cost for OKW is generally enough of a different for me to still go with OKW when I can.

now since the monorail and walking to the MK are the reasons that I brought BLT - as much as I loved OKW before sold it to buy blt - have no regrets.

love BLT!!! just about everything - but really love the walk to the MK. also own BWV because of being able to walk to Studios and Epcot. just lazy

Thank you for the info!

Oh I'm not selling my Aulani points. No way! I'm just trying to figure out how to add on, lol. My guide called me wish me a welcome home. Just got the message this morning. Quite timely! ;). Off to EPCOT today! LOVE going straight there on the monorail. The other night it took only 15 minutes!

Thank you for the info!

Oh I'm not selling my Aulani points. No way! I'm just trying to figure out how to add on, lol. My guide called me wish me a welcome home. Just got the message this morning. Quite timely! ;). Off to EPCOT today! LOVE going straight there on the monorail. The other night it took only 15 minutes!

you are welcome!

yea going to Epcot can be great - coming back (especially if the resort or MK monorail has closed) can be a problem

come to think of it - have not heard of any early monorail closing lately - they may be finally finished.

you are welcome!

yea going to Epcot can be great - coming back (especially if the resort or MK monorail has closed) can be a problem

come to think of it - have not heard of any early monorail closing lately - they may be finally finished.

Seems ok right now. We had one night of closures for lightening storms.

Back home after our trip. We visited AKL on our last day. It's got to be the most visually stunning resort I've ever seen. I've stayed at Aulani and I'd say that's a close second. We also visited the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Wilderness Lodge. AKL was my favorite. At the end of our AKL visit we had to wait about 40 min for the MK bus though. That was a bummer. For some reason the EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, HS, and Blizzard Beach busses came often. I didn't see a Typhoon Lagoon/DTD bus though. With a small child BLT definitely wins out for me due to the location and ease of transport to wherever we wanted to go. The buses came to the Contemporary frequently and quickly. I'm sure it will be the same for the villas at the GF. If I was going to add on it would definitely be at a monorail resort.

:) We have an AKV-J tripped planned 11/1-11/9. I was soooo excited to add a night in a lake view studio at BLT for 10/31. It was scary at first, I saw it available online then not available but I finally snagged it.

Even DH, who is a known DVC purist (only wants to stay at AKV) is kinda talking up BLT and having a night to "hopefully" dine at Cali Grill and enjoy the resort. I am so glad you are having a great time. I only have 4 months and 1week to wait!! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter