Here’s the situation. WWYD?

CaperRD

Earning My Ears
2 adults 1 6yo staying at POP 7 nights late October. 2 adult step kids staying OFF property, but joining us at the parks. (Details not yet finalized, but will join us min 2 park days max 4). Considering buying QS DP for us staying at Pop (I think that means 6 meals/6snacks per night + refillable + 2 alcohol). Wasn’t considering DP, except when realized step-kids will join us. Thinking if we have the pre-paid DP, we can ‘share’ some the QS meals & snacks with them. Firstly, we won’t arrive til 7pm or so, so will only use a few credits. Also will have a few items in our room for breakfast. Also, myself & my 6 yo kiddo often share meals. Also, hubby will want alcohol with 1 or 2 meals per day. Do you think we will run out of credits too quickly? Or will this work? Cheaper to pay OOP? Any advice much appreciated!!

You're probably better off paying out of pocket, especially if you would get the 6 y.o. their own kids meal.

You will get 6 quick service meals and six snacks per night (so 42 of each), and three refillable mugs (only work at resorts), for about $130/night (or $910 total). You do not also get alcoholic beverages, but you can get them as your drink with the meal (so 0-6 per night if there are enough adults over 21, and the magic kingdom doesn't offer alcohol)

A typical quick service meal is a combo and drink. Adult meals will run around $8-12 for breakfast, or $10-15 for lunch/dinner. Kids meals will run around $5-10. Soda or juice will be $3-4, and alcohol $8-13.

Assuming you used the 42 credits for all adult meals for lunch/dinner and didn't get any alcohol, they would run you about $672 plus tax, a little more than half the cost of the plan. Since you are there during food and wine, snacks could average around $5 ideal case, but that would still only be another $210.

If you maximized the plan with all $15 entrees, and $10 drinks, you could get to $1,050 on quick service meals alone, but it doesn't sound like that is how you are planning to trip.

We just got back from a week of using the QS plan. Just don’t do it. It is extremely hard to break even. Especially if you spend time in MK, or don’t drink, or pick QS locations that don’t have a premium drink that you want (one can only drink so many lemonade slushies in one week :crazy2:)

Thank you!!
Do we HAVE to buy the kids meal? Can we buy whatever QS meals we want & share? We definitely will have at least 2 alcoholic drinks per day. Does a cup of water count as your drink?
You're probably better off paying out of pocket, especially if you would get the 6 y.o. their own kids meal.

You will get 6 quick service meals and six snacks per night (so 42 of each), and three refillable mugs (only work at resorts), for about $130/night (or $910 total). You do not also get alcoholic beverages, but you can get them as your drink with the meal (so 0-6 per night if there are enough adults over 21, and the magic kingdom doesn't offer alcohol)

A typical quick service meal is a combo and drink. Adult meals will run around $8-12 for breakfast, or $10-15 for lunch/dinner. Kids meals will run around $5-10. Soda or juice will be $3-4, and alcohol $8-13.

Assuming you used the 42 credits for all adult meals for lunch/dinner and didn't get any alcohol, they would run you about $672 plus tax, a little more than half the cost of the plan. Since you are there during food and wine, snacks could average around $5 ideal case, but that would still only be another $210.

If you maximized the plan with all $15 entrees, and $10 drinks, you could get to $1,050 on quick service meals alone, but it doesn't sound like that is how you are planning to trip.

2 adults 1 6yo staying at POP 7 nights late October. 2 adult step kids staying OFF property, but joining us at the parks. (Details not yet finalized, but will join us min 2 park days max 4). Considering buying QS DP for us staying at Pop (I think that means 6 meals/6snacks per night + refillable + 2 alcohol). Wasn’t considering DP, except when realized step-kids will join us. Thinking if we have the pre-paid DP, we can ‘share’ some the QS meals & snacks with them. Firstly, we won’t arrive til 7pm or so, so will only use a few credits. Also will have a few items in our room for breakfast. Also, myself & my 6 yo kiddo often share meals. Also, hubby will want alcohol with 1 or 2 meals per day. Do you think we will run out of credits too quickly? Or will this work? Cheaper to pay OOP? Any advice much appreciated!!
Pay out of pocket. I don't think this situation would work financially in your favor if you buy the plan & try to stretch the credits to cover everyone.

Thank you!!
Do we HAVE to buy the kids meal? Can we buy whatever QS meals we want & share? We definitely will have at least 2 alcoholic drinks per day. Does a cup of water count as your drink?

You can use all your credits for adult meals at this time. The PDF says "kids must order off the kid's menu," but since they allow you to share credits with those not on the plan, they are still allowing adult meals for child credits on the QSDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter