Here’s the Scoop: Salt & Straw Coming Soon to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort

dina444444

DIS Veteran
The newest ice cream scoop shop from Salt & Straw co-founders and cousins Tyler and Kim Malek will open at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resortlater this year.

The family-run ice cream company is known for its taste-provoking, imaginative ice cream creations, which uniquely capture the spirit of classic Americana.

Every ice cream flavor is handmade in small batches using the best local, organic and sustainable ingredients. Special offerings will be available seasonally, showcasing co-founder and head ice cream maker Tyler’s passion for cultivating genuine partnerships with local farmers and artisans.

The arrival of Salt & Straw is a part of the ongoing, promenade-wide transformation at Downtown Disney District in 2018. Multiple new venues and refurbishments to dining and retail locations will be completed throughout the year while Downtown Disney remains open to guests. The result will be a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment.

Construction is scheduled to begin soon. Check back on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates!

Source

That's exciting but does that mean Hagen-Daaz is going away?

That was what I was wondering. There hardly seems to be a need for 2 ice cream parlors in Downtown Disney...

Haagen Dazs is almost always completely empty when I walk by there. I never see anyone eating ice cream from there either. I personally prefer Ghirardelli in DCA....much better sundaes and cheaper too.

That was what I was wondering. There hardly seems to be a need for 2 ice cream parlors in Downtown Disney...

Haagen Dazs is almost always completely empty when I walk by there. I never see anyone eating ice cream from there either. I personally prefer Ghirardelli in DCA....much better sundaes and cheaper too.
I've always seen a line when I've passed by. Most people were getting coffee.

That's exciting but does that mean Hagen-Daaz is going away?

Someone asked that in the comments of the article. It sounds like Hagen-Daaz will be going away.

Michael,
Will Salt & Straw be added to DTD as a 2nd Ice Cream location to Haagen-Dazs or will it be replacing Haagen-Dazs?

JEFFREY on April 24, 2018 at 1:32 pm
  • Hi Jeffrey! Salt & Straw will be located in the Haagen-Dazs space.

Michael Ramirez on April 24, 2018 at 2:21 pm

This sounds a lot better than HD.

I mean, I love HD...it's my "go to" ice cream and what I buy for consumption at home. But, this place seems like something special and not your typical flavors, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

I live in Portland and work near a Salt and Straw, and I can tell you they are nothing like HD! Unique flavors (cheddar apple pie and marionberry habanero chevre are my favorites!) This is super exciting and I can't wait to see what unique flavors they will bring to DTD!!

I wonder what the lines will be like? I heard of people waiting in hour long lines at the one in Ballard (Seattle). Maybe they will offer a fast pass lines or special lines for people staying at Disney Hotels.

Someone asked that in the comments of the article. It sounds like Hagen-Daaz will be going away.

Michael,
Will Salt & Straw be added to DTD as a 2nd Ice Cream location to Haagen-Dazs or will it be replacing Haagen-Dazs?

JEFFREY on April 24, 2018 at 1:32 pm
  • Hi Jeffrey! Salt & Straw will be located in the Haagen-Dazs space.

Michael Ramirez on April 24, 2018 at 2:21 pm
And Haagen-Dazs will be closing on May 31 according to the employees that were in the store today.

I wonder what the lines will be like? I heard of people waiting in hour long lines at the one in Ballard (Seattle). Maybe they will offer a fast pass lines or special lines for people staying at Disney Hotels.

lol good luck with that! I've waited an hour for their ice cream in the summer up here at many locations. In PDX you can skip the line if you're buying a pint, though I don't know if that will be an option at DTD.

I can say that the wait is well worth it though. The ice cream is thick and delicious, and is made with local ingredients. My favorite standard flavors are the caramel ribbons with sea salt, bourbon coffee, and gooey brownie. I have too many seasonal flavors to count (the menu changes monthly!)

Any idea when it might open? I'm visiting in August and would love to see what flavors they have if they're open.

I've heard there is always an hour wait for the one in San Diego. Just the rumor of that alone has kept me away from it. Sounds like it is good, but I don't like to wait for anything, especially food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter