Henri

A brief glimpse of a certain channel last night had on-screen “talent” orgasming all over themselves.

Oh em gee!!!! Worse than Bob, Sandy, The Perfect Storm, and 1938 combined!!!!!

We're in Yellowstone trying to get to Albany today... flight yesterday was canceled on Friday (no storm related, no reason given... thanks Southwest).

Long Island/New England presents such an inviting target for hurricanes. If such a landmass was further south it would getting smacked every other year or so.

We're in Yellowstone trying to get to Albany today... flight yesterday was canceled on Friday (no storm related, no reason given... thanks Southwest).
Our Southwest flight (to NYC) yesterday was cancelled. Earliest they could rebook was Thursday. Can't take another week off from work so we have a (pricey) Jetblue flight tonight. Hoping the winds are low by then.
Kicking myself for not requesting a refund from SWA - gonna get a credit but really not looking to fly Southwest again.
Be safe eveone.

My entire family is in coastal RI. Already lost power and winds are picking up. Thank goodness for generators.

We are in Central MA and some places around us are starting to lose power. Blasting my ac now to keep the humidity down in case we lose it too. But we also are fortunate to have a generator so will be fine.
Hoping others bearing the brunt of this are safe.

I’m close to the airport in Rhode Island. It’s been gusty and raining, then total silence. We’ve lost one whole tree (probably 4-5 years old and 16-20 feet tall). I just bought the house, hoping for the best

I'm in western MA and it's starting to get windy. Looks like it's going to come pretty close to me. The projected path keeps changing between east and west of here.

2;30 PM Sunday - Central CT here. West of the CT river. It's mostly rain here. (quite a lot or rain) Very little wind. I guess it's a bit weaker than predicted. I don't know how the shore or RI made out though.

I'm in western MA and it's starting to get windy. Looks like it's going to come pretty close to me. The projected path keeps changing between east and west of here.
It's weakening and moving fast, I believe you'll be okay. We went through the worst already and the region was not hit as hard as feared (albeit there are localities that are still hurting and a lot of power outages). Power outages are in the thousands vs 100s of thousands feared.

Long Island/New England presents such an inviting target for hurricanes. If such a landmass was further south it would getting smacked every other year or so.
I have a brother in S Carolina. He gets hammered every year. The house is on stilts, propane generator, and even so sometimes they are supposed to evacuate.

Here's the National Hurricane Center interactive map at 5 PM. The storm is forecast to make an abrupt change in direction, from NW to East. At 5 PM, TS Henri had 40 mph sustained winds (barely tropical storm level) and was moving WNW at 7 mph.

The green wind field shown in the map shows the location of tropical storm winds. You'll note they are behind the movement of the storm, not leading the storm as we usually see.

The caution I would offer to New Englanders is to be very careful outside following the storm. There will be a lot of water, and downed power lines -- and that combination can be deadly.

I was thinking the same thing! South LA girl here, and trust me, we've been 'smacked' a lot lol.

DD is in CT and just has rain 🌧 and still has power
We are in upstate NY just have rain ☔
Best of luck 🤞 to all with Henri
Stay safe and I hope all homes are ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter