Helping Friends move diner time

steves100

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We are platinum members and have a few friends is decent positions on the ships.

Friends of ours want to eat diner with us but are on the 2nd seating. What are the odds that I can get them moved?

Thanks

Steve

Even if their is no avalibility for the early seating?? Reason im asking is we have never been in the late situation.

Should I throw around names of some heads of departments if this doesnt work?

Even if their is no avalibility for the early seating?? Reason im asking is we have never been in the late situation.

That has worked for me and friends, let's say 4 in your stateroom on main and 4 on late and you link, I would say it's 90% sure you will all be on main if you link. If it's 4 for you and add 8, maybe not.

I wouldn't through in names to the reservation team of people you know, rather maybe ask the people you know to assist you if their position allows them to do so.

Ty, the only problem w the friends is, I wouldn't be able to leverage them until we were on board

Have your TA or Disney link your reservations for dining, requesting the early dining. Call back if whomever you speak with is unhelpful. Don't "throw names around". When you get on board, go to the MDR and check on your changes. Or just try to do it onboard. Don't throw names around. If they can't accommodate you you can ask for the assistance of your well placed friends. Likely they will accommodate a platinum cruiser. Unless the party you are adding is 10 people, likely it won't be a problem.

I had to smile when I read this. In a former life, mine was a name that got "thrown around" a lot. My reaction was - if someone is truely a valued client or friend (or actually knew me) they would have come to me directly for help instead of just tossing my name out. Everyone knew not to take them seriously because anyone can go to a website and find a name. I would try going through normal channels first (in this case link reservations). I'm sure as a Platinum cruiser your request will be honored. If not, then wait until you board and seek out those you know to see if they can help. Good luck!

I had to smile when I read this. In a former life, mine was a name that got "thrown around" a lot. My reaction was - if someone is truely a valued client or friend (or actually knew me) they would have come to me directly for help instead of just tossing my name out. Everyone knew not to take them seriously because anyone can go to a website and find a name. I would try going through normal channels first (in this case link reservations). I'm sure as a Platinum cruiser your request will be honored. If not, then wait until you board and seek out those you know to see if they can help. Good luck!

Yeah I don't want to throw names around, ill just ask

if the goal is eating together it would be far easier to switch to the late seating. I also dont think their position on the ship gives you any leverage.

Just called, they are wait listed for early. Woman I talked to thinks my platinum status should help. Yes us eating late would make this easier, I don't want to though

On our last cruise we were early dining and our friends who booked later were late dining. When we linked our reservations it automatically moved us to late dining. Luckily we were wait listed and got main dining me back just before we sailed.

Or the smoking policy. That one would be awesome.

SCREW THAT. What you want to smoke on your veranda???? If so just to let you know that can ruin a trip for you neighbor!

No way, we are WAY in favor of it. Now the alcohol restrictions thats another story.

We are (were) in a similar situation. Our friends (plats) were early, and us (newbs) were late. We linked and our waitlist cleared in 2 days.

SCREW THAT. What you want to smoke on your veranda???? If so just to let you know that can ruin a trip for you neighbor!

No way, we are WAY in favor of it. Now the alcohol restrictions thats another story.

There was a guy in one of those massive threads that commented he liked a cigar and a whiskey on his verandah. While I understand his desire, I am not for a return of the smoking policy. Impacts other guests on verandahs, and potentially the next guest in those staterooms. Not just cigars, which I have a less of a problem with, but cigarettes :crazy2:. At least guests can still enjoy their brought on board smokes. Can't enjoy brought on liquor anymore

DH likes an occasional cigar. He really enjoyed one on the verandah. The Wonder has a nice smoking area. The Dream and Fantasy are lacking in that regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter