Help!!

jamie0201

Mouseketeer
Hey guys... I know I have asked this before but I need some help again regarding keeping the bar open during dinner at the reception.

We are having 100+ guests and we originally decided to close the bar during dinner and have it open for a total of 4 hours (one before dinner, and three after). That was the choice that Brian and I made along with my parents. My dilemma now is my EM. She is insisting we leave it open!!!! She thinks it will look very bad if we close it. But, if it is closed, we will be saving $600-$800, that we can spend on something else. I personally dont see a problem with it. I went to a wedding last month, and the bar was closed during dinner, and noone seemed to mind.

Please help!!! Am I wrong to want to close it??? and use that money towards something else???

Thanks
Jamie

No Jamie, I don't see anything wrong with keeping the bar closed for dinner. your guests will have plenty of time to drink afterwards. Afterall, they are there to celebrate the union of you and your hubby, not to drink all night. I would talk to your EM again and make sure she complies with your wishes. After all it's YOUR money that your saving, not hers

Jamie - I agree with Merandab4. If you want the bar closed during dinner, then your EM should respect that, even if they disagree with your decision. Your EM can guide you, but ultimatly its YOUR wedding, and YOUR money, so they need to do as you wish.

Also, you could ask your EM what she suggests for cutting the bar bill other then closing the bar during dinner.

But in the end, the decision is yours, and even if your EM disagrees with it, she does need to honor it.

There is nothing (in my opinion) wrong with closing the bar for dinner. If people want to drink at dinner, they can always get something right before the bar closes. We seriously thought about not having alcohol at all at our VR reception, tho only 20-25 people will be attending ours. Almost all of the receptions we go to they close the bar for dinner, so that's just the norm for us.

Thank you soo much! I feel much better! I am having a conference call with her next week, and when we talk, I will tell her to CLOSE it!!

You guys are great!!!! What would I do without you!!!

Thanks Again

I could see if you were unsure if you were going to reach your 500 dollar minimum so that you dont have to pay the 100 bartender fee. But with you having 100+ guest just one drink each at 5.00 a pop = 500.00. I say close the bar for the one hour, it is not going to hurt, it will actually help as you stated because that money can go elsewhere.

Also as jessiangel stated they can always get something before dinner starts. Just have the DJ announce that the bar will be closing before Dinner so please get your drinks now before it closed. Also have him state that it will re-open afterwards.

GOOD LUCK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter