Help!!

Crazy4Tink

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

OK! I've been everywhere trying to figure out whether we need passports for our disney cruise. I know they're recommended, but we really don't travel enough to make the $100/ person worth while. Disney says we don't need them, and ditto on the consular website (for the Bahamian cruise). BUT...there is mention of needing a "raised seal" birth certificate. Is this an American thing? Is it a notary seal? Has anyone done this trip using a regular birth certifacate and photo ID? PLEASE HELP!

Also, we are flying to Orlando with a connection in LA. I'm worried about a) not making our 40 minute connection and b) having our luggage delayed, as we are going straight to the ship...anyone have any info or advice?

Thanks so much in advance!:earseek:

Hi, I know on my long form birth certificate(Ontario) it has a raised seal.
Personally, I always travel with my passport when travelling. It also has my 3 boys in it as well.
Hope this helps!
Love your name!
I just have to say, my youngest who is 3 fell in love with Tinkerbell while we were at Disney at the beginning of October!
Marilynn::yes::

I thought that you would need passports since you would be traveling outside of the US/Canada ... it's probably best to check with a travel agent to be sure.

If you go to the Cruise Discussion board there is a thread at the top of the board about Canadians and the documents needed for going on the DCL.
I think the short answer to yes you need a passport to go on the ship. It used to be optional but now I believe it is mandatory.
Just go to the Cruise Discussion board and check it out.
Robin

We just went on the cruise 10/11 and were told that yes to cruise we did need a passport. We already had them so it wasn't a problem for us. You actually have to hand in your passport when you check in and they give you a receipt. You then pick it up the last morning. In order to leave the ship all those over the age of 18 have to have photo ID so we used our driver's licences for that. There is a separate check in for non US citizens and everyone in line had passports including all of the Canadians.

The best part was that when you go through US Customs and Immigration at the end they will stamp your passport!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the input. I just got my cruise documents and it reaffirms that you need either a passport, or a birth certificate and photo I.D. The consular office also confirms that the U.S and the Bahamas both do not require a passport, although it is recomended. So now that disney has confirmed this I feel a bit better. Although, I would love to talk to anyone who did travel using only their b. certificate and photo ID, or who was told directly that they required a passport. Thanks for all the info everyone!:tongue:

I just spoke to my sister(she owns a Cruiseship Center travel agency)You do not need a passport when travelling to the Bahamas on a cruise.They just need to see a birth certificate and photo id.The reason they tell you to travel with a passport is just in case the ship has to dock in another port which is unfriendly to citizens of particular countries.For example if the ship unexpectedly has to dock in Cuba.Canadians are fine but they may give US citizens a problem.So it is just easy to produce your passport toindentify yourself as Canadian.But she said dont worry about a passport,your BC and photo id are fine for the Bahamas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter