Help with using points during a one year period

claudiaken

Earning My Ears
I’m interested in owning a DVC and have read/searched for my question with no success. How many times in a one year period can you book a DVC using points? I understand if you want to book your home resort it has to be within a 7 month period, is that correct? Suppose I want to book a time in June, then decide I want to go back again in October in the same year can I use points to book those?

I’m interested in owning a DVC and have read/searched for my question with no success. How many times in a one year period can you book a DVC using points? I understand if you want to book your home resort it has to be within a 7 month period, is that correct? Suppose I want to book a time in June, then decide I want to go back again in October in the same year can I use points to book those?
You can go as many times as you want if you have enough points available. Say you had enough points for 7 nights, you could go seven times for one night.

I understand if you want to book your home resort it has to be within a 7 month period, is that correct?
No, you can book your home resort as early as 11 months before checkin. For example, today is April 26, and owners were booking stays at their home resorts for checking in on March 26, 2022. At 7 months before checkin, people can book their non-home resorts.
You should probably read the information in this thread. from the DVC Resource Center at the top of this board. And also ask questions here on this board. Don’t buy until you have a good understanding of how DVC works!

Last edited:
You can own a maximum of 2,000 pts at one resort or 5,000 total. If you are trying to stay more than 30 nights in a row at one resort, there may be issues.

I own a small contract and still visited in both Sept and November last year. It's no problem so long as you plan ahead (and don't want a studio at CCV).

You can book your home resort for up to 7 nights at 11 months out (and add nights going forward if you want to stay 2-3 weeks at a time...)

Is there a restriction to how long you want to stay on DVC points? | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

It all depends on the amount of points you have. I recommend looking at the dvc point chart to figure out what size room and when you will be booking. AKV value rooms usually go right at the 11 month booking window. Studios at CCV go fast and so do std view grand floridian studios. If you do not have a resort preference buy at SSR for the buy in cost and lower fees.
Lowest point chart is OKW so points go the furthest there

If you use the points you own at your home resort you can make a booking 11 months in advance or as late as the day before depending on availability. You can make as many reservations as you wish as long as you have points to use in any given year. Hope that helps
If you use the points you own at your home resort you can make a booking 11 months in advance or as late as the day before depending on availability. You can make as many reservations as you wish as long as you have points to use in any given year. Hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter