Help with strategies for solo trip

csparky61

Earning My Ears
I will be taking a solo trip in November for 7 night, 6 days and would like some input. This trip is basically to meander and enjoy each park, see the entertainment, parades, fireworks and ride a few rides. I do not want to meet characters or spend much time in Fantasyland, with the exception of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. I plan to try and do the big ticket rides as the park opens and spend the rest of my doing things my children had no desire to do when we went as a family. I am considering not doing Toy Story Mania, while it is fun, I think going solo may not warrant the time and hassle. I have always wanted to go to one of the mini golf courses, I will have the time, but wondering if solo would be much fun. If there is anything I shouldn't miss or should forget completely...hit me with your ideas. Thanks in advance. Carol

The beauty of solo is doing whatever you want whenever the mood strikes. :goodvibes

The one time I went solo I did very little planning. I really enjoyed walking at my own pace and taking in the sights. I love to grab a bench and do a little people watching (psychology is my thing and I love watching how people interact). I also spent a good chunk of time just relaxing at the resort reading books. As a mom of three it's a rare occasion I get sit back and relax with no worries, that trip was fabulous.

I'm not sure the mini golf would be much fun solo. If you have any must do rides you should certainly take advantage of FP+.

I have to say, I love seeing The World with my family, but solo trips are SOOOO great. I actually have done the mini golf by myself, mostly because the rest of my family does not enjoy it and so we skip it on family trips. I did Winter Summerland and it was a blast. I didn't even keep score. It was just for the fun of it and it was surely that. I plan my 3 FP rides and then let the rest of the time to figure itself out. I try restaurants that are not of interest to my family. I meet some great people from all over. Only 49 more days for my solo trip and it couldn't get here fast enough. :goodvibes:cool1::goodvibes

FWIW, I do TSM solo and have a lot of fun. I've done it stand-by at RD and with FP/FP+ without a bad wait.

If you are interested in Test Track, Everest, or RnRC, they have single rider lines. I don't do the 2 coasters (well, I may work up nerve for EE this year, we'll see...), but appreciate being able to do single rider on TT. Even on the non-SR rides, pay attention to the CMS; they may ask for a party of 1 to fill a row or vehicle.

You don't say how many times you've been to WDW or what you've done at the various parks, but some of my favorite non-ride things to do are at AK: The Nemo, Lion King, and Flights of Wonder shows, and the walking trails (esp. Maharajah with the bats and tigers). I also really enjoy doing the Animation Academy class at DHS.

And it's always fun to eat around World Showcase at Epcot!

Thanks for great replies. I have been 4 times and only once have seen Lion King, Fantasmic and Illuminations, they are a priority this year. I have never seen Beauty and the Beast or Nemo, so they too are a priority. I love meandering through the trails in AK, but have never been on the train to Affection Station etc, I plan on doing that as well. I have 2 very leisurely days planned for AK, concentrating on certain areas each day. I am skipping Dinosaur altogether, but plan on EE both days. I love the World Showcase at Epcot and have never really spent time just waking around and seeing it all or watching any of the entertainment. I am planning on one FULL day and two evenings at Epcot, 2 days and one evening at MK and one day and one evening at HWS. I am pretty new to the Fastpass experience so the new Fastpass + thing is making me a bit nervous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter