Help with Sticky Split Stay Situation

Anomaly711

Mouseketeer
Hi DL experts! I am planning my first trip to California in November. I am starting my trip out at DLH for 2 nights and just booked a good neighbor hotel package for the rest of my stay, through Disney. I had to purchase the tickets with the package--so I won't get my tickets until I check into the good neighbor hotel (Per the website "Tickets that are part of your vacation package, along with your other vacation documents, will be delivered to your hotel to be picked up when you check in"?) Can I call and have the tickets available when I check into DLH? Any advice or thoughts? Thanks

Honestly, if it were me, I’d start at the Good Neighbor and then end at the DLH. It always feels like a bit of a letdown doing it the way you are proposing.

Honestly, if it were me, I’d start at the Good Neighbor and then end at the DLH. It always feels like a bit of a letdown doing it the way you are proposing.
Yes, I totally agree-unfortunately we're getting the Dapper Day group rate at DLH, so we have to stay there those dates. It would be way more fun the other way around.

Is there a particular reason you booked the second one as a package? You can often get much better rates at the hotels booking them directly and save on tickets buying them through a discount site like GAT

Hi DL experts! I am planning my first trip to California in November. I am starting my trip out at DLH for 2 nights and just booked a good neighbor hotel package for the rest of my stay, through Disney. I had to purchase the tickets with the package--so I won't get my tickets until I check into the good neighbor hotel (Per the website "Tickets that are part of your vacation package, along with your other vacation documents, will be delivered to your hotel to be picked up when you check in"?) Can I call and have the tickets available when I check into DLH? Any advice or thoughts? Thanks

Yes, I totally agree-unfortunately we're getting the Dapper Day group rate at DLH, so we have to stay there those dates. It would be way more fun the other way around.

The DapperDay event will also have reduced ticket sales shortly before the event.

Packages are pretty set in how they are delivered. I wouldn't expect there to be flexibility.

Have you priced out everything individually to see if you are really saving with booking a package.
Take some time to see how the budget would be if you skipped a package.
What is the cost for a room with DD?
What is the cost of the GoodNeighbor room?
What is the cost of DD park tickets?
I think DD 5-day hoppers were about $315. Not sure about the other ticket prices.

I think you'll find the cost is either less or close. Plus you are in control of when you get your tickets.

My vote is to skip the package and book rooms yourself and buy your park tickets through the DD event website.

Geemo

Last edited:
We buy discounted gift cards and use ebates and rewards credit cards to purchase them so it usually is cheaper for us to purchase directly from Disney. I priced the hotel on several sites and tickets on GAT but we get a better deal the way we do it.

The DapperDay event will also have reduced ticket sales shortly before the event.

Packages are pretty set in how they are delivered. I wouldn't expect there to be flexibility.

Have you priced out everything individually to see if you are really saving with booking a package.
Take some time to see how the budget would be if you skipped a package.
What is the cost for a room with DD?
What is the cost of the GoodNeighbor room?
What is the cost of DD park tickets?
I think DD 5-day hoppers were about $315. Not sure about the other ticket prices.

I think you'll find the cost is either less or close. Plus you are in control of when you get your tickets.

My vote is to skip the package and book rooms yourself and buy your park tickets through the DD event website.

Geemo
I will try this-thanks!

Yeah I think the best deal on discounted gift cards is going to be around the Target 5%. Last minute travel club has 5 day hoppers for $318 instead of $370 which is 14% off.

Okay-I canceled the package and booked a room only direct with the hotel (Grand Legacy at the Park) and will get tickets separately. Thanks for your ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter