help with purchase on the "net"...

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
A while back, someone had posted some good sites to make on-line airfare ticket purchases. I could only remember cheaptickets.com, travelocity.com, and orbitz.com. Does anyone else have any recommendations??

Hi Kimmar, How are you. I just booked our trip May 25. I got my tickets at Expedia.com. they were the cheapest for me. Go in and play around...nice to talk to you again...corvair amy

There's trillions of those sites. But I never found deeper discounts for the same schedules as when you book directly from the airline's website.

Travelocity, Expedia, Sidestep and all those sites often raise the price by $10 or so. Plus, don't they add a $15 or so non-refundable charge for booking through them as well?

I agree with the above poster, I always go directly to the Airline's site, after I get the lowest fare using Travelocity.Orbitz,Expedia,etc.Usually you can avoid the fee going directly to the airline's site.

I prefer expedia.com or samclub.com(membershop required) Sometimes the airlines are the same price so its better to book thru them so if you make changes you don't have to jump thru hoops.

How do you jump through hoops making changes directly with the airlines?
I think it is always more expensive to buy tickets through any of those sites and deal with their fees and procedures.

But sometimes they have good room and car rental discounts, that is different. I normally get similar or the same rates through codes and promos offered elsewhere, and do not pay their fees. I always get my calculator out to make sure I indeed got the best deal before I pay anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter