Help with plans please!

FloridaFun83

Earning My Ears
I have been reading the boards for quite a while and have learned alot. Looking for critique of my current plans and any advice please!

fastpass date is next week so these are hopeful times listed for fp

Trip dates 9/22-9/30
staying at music suites

Me, husband and 5 kids age 16 down to 2 (turning 3 on trip)
We know room will be crowded but will make it work, bringing kid size blow up mattress for youngest

sat sept 22- fly in land around 2ish, express bus to resort, qs dinner and pool, maybe disney springs if we are up to it.

Sun Sept 23- bfast chef mickey 825- I know the reputation of this restaurant, but have been many times and is nostalgic for me, plus my 4 year old daughter's must do is meet minnie, love the idea of a special breakfast to start the trip and ride monorail into MK

fp- husband and biggest 2 kids space mtn
me and younger kids pooh - 10:30-11:30

fp PP all 1130-1230
fp 7dmt with rider swap 1230-130
ride whatever else we can, focus on fantasyland and tomorrowland.

back to resort at closing 6pm (hop if desired)

Mon 9/24
Epcot Future World
fp SE 9-10
TT 10-11 and rider swap
11-12 nemo (should I make this later due to rider swap time?)
look around seas, maybe soarin/living if time
1:35 ADR Garden Grill
boat to dhs
fp what we can- maybe star tours, see a show, muppets
star wars fireworks

Tues 9/25
BB for a couple hours at opening
qs lunch there
back to resort hopefully youngest 2 rest
mk for mnnshp- fp buzz 4-5
ADR 515 crystal palace
party as long as kids last
must do Doc dance party, parade, fireworks, little bit of trick or treat

9/26 wed- sleep in, pool, resort qs food court
epcot afternoon- fp FEA, f&w snack? ADR Cape May 515pm

9/27 thurs DHS- fp slinky (if i can get it), rockin, tot ADR- minnies H&V F! PKG 1245
fantasmic

9/28- youngest bday
AK (he loves animals) fp safari, fp FOP- use RS, fp everest- RS
should I split everest and another tier 1 for fp? not sure I want to risk with FOP
dinner Rainforest 6pm (know its nothing special but kids love)

9/29
take my girl for pirate league mermaid pkg 920- let boys come late if they want
late morn snack at some point
FP pirates 10-11 (later?)
fp big thunder 11-12
fp splash 12-1 (take my daughter with make-up from PL or no? not sure she will ride it anyway)
245 res CRT
HEA dessert party
I realize this day will be crowded- really want to end trip at mk and with HEA fireworks

9/30 flight leaves 1015am, board magic express 7ish

Let me know what all you experts think!

Plans look good to me, just wanted to say that my family is also DH and me and 5 kids ranging 17-2 yrs old and we also stayed at ASMu suites this past late November! Your family sounds just like mine! We also ALWAYS start our trips with Chef Mickeys. We were happy with ASMu, room was a little small since we are used to DVC, but workable. My youngest loved the 3 Caballeros statue in the pool and my kids loved the theming there. Definitely take advantage of F&W. We also always do our Workd Shiwcase day as a sleep in day with FP for FEA. As for AK adr, your kids may enjoy Tusker House for the character interaction (mine do). Have fun!

Plans look good to me, just wanted to say that my family is also DH and me and 5 kids ranging 17-2 yrs old and we also stayed at ASMu suites this past late November! Your family sounds just like mine! We also ALWAYS start our trips with Chef Mickeys. We were happy with ASMu, room was a little small since we are used to DVC, but workable. My youngest loved the 3 Caballeros statue in the pool and my kids loved the theming there. Definitely take advantage of F&W. We also always do our Workd Shiwcase day as a sleep in day with FP for FEA. As for AK adr, your kids may enjoy Tusker House for the character interaction (mine do). Have fun!
You don’t have a lot going of time for breaks, and you are going all day which might be hard for the younger ones. The kids might want a little more pool time. I think your plans looks like a lot of fun. You have a lot of grea activities planned. I know you will have a great trip.

Thanks for the help, I realize we don't have a lot of built in breaks- my littles don't nap well at hotels. I will be able to be flexible and leave when needed most days if they are too cranky. I am hoping they will stroller nap like they have on other outings.

We don’t go back to the room for breaks. We have daily sit down meals, which are good mini breaks. If anyone gets cranky we find somewhere in the park to sit and chill with a snack or something. My two youngest have strollers they can sit or nap in if need be. I know we’re in the minority, but we hate to be in the room when we know there’s so much we could be doing. It’s not hot when we go though, so we don’t have to escape from the heat.

9/27 thurs DHS- fp slinky (if i can get it), rockin, tot ADR- minnies H&V F! PKG 1245
fantasmic

9/29
FP pirates 10-11 (later?)

SDD at 60+5 is available at the 3pm-4pm wiindow. You should have no problem.

I usually don't FP Pirates. That's the one ride I have always been able to grab the extra FP for without issue. Right now it is showing FP availabilty at 12:50pm (50 minutes from now). If it were me I would grab an extra ride on 7DMT in this spot.

Good luck and it sounds like you will have a great trip!

Mon 9/24 at Epcot Future World...I don't think you'll need the FPs. Go ride TT at rope drop, then SE and Nemo with little wait. Use the FPs for HS at night.

Looks good. Just one comment: at MK and RS, you seem to be planning rider swaps at the hottest part of the day. Probably better to do this earlier in the morning so that it is not so hot while the non-riders are waiting

9/28- youngest bday
AK (he loves animals) fp safari, fp FOP- use RS, fp everest- RS
should I split everest and another tier 1 for fp? not sure I want to risk with FOP
dinner Rainforest 6pm (know its nothing special but kids love)

Join the Landry's Select Club ($25 cost, but you get a $25 credit). If a member of Landry's Club, you get instant access to seating, no need for a reservation. Special note, check the size of your party, as there may be a limit to that. I think it is 6 people, but not sure how they may count kids. I know I have done 7 before (youngest was 10) without issue, but your mileage may vary...

Anyway, point being, then you do not need to lock in an ADR, Works at all of their restaurants (600 nationwide).

You also get some discounts, and I think a reward around your Birthday as well.

I wasn't able to get SDMT for our first day at MK at 60+1 until later in the afternoon, so you may need to adjust a little for that. But September is less busy than August, so you may have better availability than I did when your FP booking day opens up!

Join the Landry's Select Club ($25 cost, but you get a $25 credit). If a member of Landry's Club, you get instant access to seating, no need for a reservation. Special note, check the size of your party, as there may be a limit to that. I think it is 6 people, but not sure how they may count kids. I know I have done 7 before (youngest was 10) without issue, but your mileage may vary...

Anyway, point being, then you do not need to lock in an ADR, Works at all of their restaurants (600 nationwide).

You also get some discounts, and I think a reward around your Birthday as well.

I was thinking of the Landry's card but read the 6 person rule, if that's the case we would be out of luck so I feel better having the ADR.

I wasn't able to get SDMT for our first day at MK at 60+1 until later in the afternoon, so you may need to adjust a little for that. But September is less busy than August, so you may have better availability than I did when your FP booking day opens up!

I know I may not be able to get it early (or at all) worst case we can skip it on the first day and fp it on our last.

I was thinking of the Landry's card but read the 6 person rule, if that's the case we would be out of luck so I feel better having the ADR.
Yes, I understand that.

In the mean time, i can report that we did go to T-Rex a week ago on a Friday night, line was very long, people saying the wait was over an hour, and we went right in with our Landry Card. But it was only 4 of us...

I would not do a character dining meal during MNSSHP. Those hours are precious. It represents a big chunk of the event/evening/ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter