Help with planning a long summer trip with APs

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
Hello! I live in Oregon and my family will have one year to enjoy APs at Disney World! Our first two trips are already planned (November and March) and we will stay onsite. However, I am looking at the details of our last trip and need input on a number of things. We will stay 12 nights and while we won't want to spend every moment of every day in the parks, I like the idea of pre-scheduling a few FP as many days as possible so we can enjoy the parks but also take advantage of our resort. That brings me to the resort choice.... It looks like we can only book 7 days of FP at once with an AP unless we stay onsite and then it is 10 days? I'm looking at Wyndam Bonnet Creek because it will be more comfortable for a long stay and all the pools and activities look great! Plus, the price is much more manageable for us than even rented DVC.

I'd love to hear opinions and experiences staying long with AP but not onsite. Did you regret not being able to pre-book the extra days? Also, how exactly does booking FP work once you use a day? Can you always have 7 days booked - like use one day and then the next day becomes available?

From the FP FAQ, Post #3:
- Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater.

- AP holders have similar benefits as offsite guests otherwise, except that they cannot have more than 7 days of FPs booked at any one time.

There is no 10-day limit for APs for onsite stays.

Honestly, I think you will be just fine only ore-booking 7 days. We had APs this year and always stay off site. We have our last trip coming up in a week and I only pre-booked FPS for the first 5 days and left the last day open. At that point you will appreciate the flexibility of not having to choose which park so far in advance. Depending on your party size, same-day FP availability is pretty good for most rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter