Help With My Wedding Proposal Idea!!!!! Please Read!!!

HLAV1

Earning My Ears
I have been with my girlfriend Roberta for just over 7 years now and I have recently decided to ask her to marry me. It's taken us a long time to get to this point because her mom passed away right before we met in 2002. Disneyland has been a part of our relationship since the very beginning. She is a HUGE Sleeping Beauty fan. Taking this all into consideration here is my idea...
What I would like to do is to propose to her inside Sleeping Beauty' castle in Disneyland. There is a spot within the castle just as you enter and go up the first flight of stairs that is perfect. The lighting in the center of this spot would illuminate the ring perfectly. That in combination of the music playing in the castle and just the whole environment would be a great setting. So that is my setting. Now comes the part where I need some help. I have seen in the park and heard on various forums that people who were proposing were able to get a Disney character involved in their proposal. I would really love to get Aurora to help me with this. That would blow her away and would just be the icing on the cake for this magical idea. There is a second flight of steps just ahead of the proposal site that I wanted to have her walk down and present the ring. I really want to make this happen but have no idea how to do so. City Hall says that the official policy states that there will be no character involvement in wedding proposals but there has got to be a loop hole somewhere. I mean I've sen it done in the park before! Any help especially from park employees would be greatly appreciated here. I would even be willing to pay a fee for this extra special part of my proposal. Please let me know if there is any feedback that anyone could give that would help make this magical idea a reality. Thanks for reading.

Well see, the "problem" with Aurora (and any Princess) is they are only at the PFF and not out wandering around. Many of the characters you see participating are wandering the parks, or the proposals take place at the venue you will find the character. IE the PFF or Ariel's Grotto for Aurora. I find your idea very romantic and I think Roberta will love it, instead of having Aurora participate maybe you can take her to dinner after at AG, where Aurora has been seen by us quite a few times. :)

I think that sounds beautiful even without a princess. I've never heard of characters taking part in that kind of thing but I certainly don't know it all ;)

Good luck!

I have never seen character involvments in propsals. But I was proposed to at Disneyland and my fiance had a wonderful cast member help him out.
It very special and I will always remember it, it was the best Disney trip ever.

Her name was Grandma Pat. Maybe you find out if she still works there, and she could help out with something real special. (for instance we got, a private boat on Storybook Land, free Minnie bride ears and a Mickey grooms hat, pins, bubbles, a little glass slipper and TONS of fast passes for the rest of our trip, AND she took us around Fantasy Land taking us to the front of the lines on all the rides (including Matterhorn!). It was lots of fun.

When some friends of mine were engaged, it was done in Mickey's house. Mickey was holding the ring and handed it to the groom-to-be, so I know they can get involved, but I am unsure how they set this up. I think the castle would be perfect even if you could not get Aurora there.

Perhaps a private meeting with Aurora after wards? I'm not sure where the area is that the do this at is, but I have seen a few videos. Anyone know?

Unfortunatly I can't help out with this, but it will be a wonderful proposal either way! Good luck!

At WDW they have packages for proposals....so you might try calling Disneyland and asking them what types of things they can arrange. I'm not as familiar with Disneyland yet, so I don't know for sure, but it can't hurt to ask!

And as always....if you don't get the answer you were hoping for....wait a few minutes and call back, lol. Some CM out there is just dying to help you!

Congrats.

Hi a newbie here. It's been about 20 years since i last been to Disneyland (I was 9) Will be going there this June. I was also thinking about proposing to my GF in the park. I want to do it at the castle too. I don't remember much and i'm sure much has changed but can u actually in and up into the castle? I know you mentioned stairs where does it lead?

Hi a newbie here. It's been about 20 years since i last been to Disneyland (I was 9) Will be going there this June. I was also thinking about proposing to my GF in the park. I want to do it at the castle too. I don't remember much and i'm sure much has changed but can u actually in and up into the castle? I know you mentioned stairs where does it lead?

Yes, you actually walk up into the castle. It is part of the the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...SleepingBeautyCastleWalkthroughAttractionPage

i2A1816A4-629C-44A5-AAF8-38AEE5CD9FA8.jpg

I am not to sure about proposing inside the castle though. It is kind of dark and narrow passages. There is not really a good place to get down on one knee and propose (assuming you would be down on one knee, that is...).

Maybe you could propose just outside the castle instead? :confused3

Yes, you actually walk up into the castle. It is part of the the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...SleepingBeautyCastleWalkthroughAttractionPage

i2A1816A4-629C-44A5-AAF8-38AEE5CD9FA8.jpg

I am not to sure about proposing inside the castle though. It is kind of dark and narrow passages. There is not really a good place to get down on one knee and propose (assuming you would be down on one knee, that is...).

Maybe you could propose just outside the castle instead? :confused3

You could, inside where Sleeping Beauty is actually sleeping it's a bit large. You've got the spot where the fairies are putting out the candles on the right wall as you walk up and then Aurora is on her bed right at the end there......if someone wanted to propose in there tho I would suggest walking thru first to figure out where you might want to do it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter