Help With My ADR Questions - Suggestions/Tips Welcome!

HollyRB

Earning My Ears
My husband and I haven't been to Disney since we were kids and are planning our first trip together with our kids (3 & 9). The kids can be unpredictably picky so I picked a bunch of buffets to make sure they can find something they like. 3yo (2.5 now) can be a handful at restaurants so hoping his manners can improve before the trip. We are on the DDP and will do a mix of QS/TS. ADR day was today and this is what I have so far:

Sunday - afternoon arrival, staying at Contemporary, dinner at The Wave (ok for kids? service too slow? will they be bored?)

Monday - Epcot - Lunch at Le Cellier (want to eat there and figured lunch would be quicker/easier than dinner - is this the case? ok for 3 yo?)

Tuesday - MK+Christmas Party at night - Lunch at Skipper Canteen (not thrilled with TS options at MK so might bag this one all together and just do all QS. Also don't know whether we will need a break in the afternoon before the party which could make reservations tricky. Any suggestions for other TS options? Dinner instead of lunch? All QS?)

Wednesday - HS - Chef Mickey's for a late breakfast (sleep in!), Minnie's Dinner/Fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine (I don't love the time I got and am curious to know whether or not we need the Fantasmic package? Seems like it does save time which is a huge plus but are that seats that much better? Does it really fill up early each night?)

Thursday - AK - Lunch at Tusker House w/ ROL package (Again, don't love my time slot and curious to know how much the package helps with ROL? Do we need it?)

Friday - MK - BOG breakfast - We depart that night so was happy to score an ADR!

Any other TS suggestions? Anything that I am missing out on or should just skip? TIA!

The DDP credits are Per NIGHT, nor per day. You are staying 5 nights but you booked 7 TS Credit meals. Which are you planning on paying for?m

My husband and I haven't been to Disney since we were kids and are planning our first trip together with our kids (3 & 9). The kids can be unpredictably picky so I picked a bunch of buffets to make sure they can find something they like. 3yo (2.5 now) can be a handful at restaurants so hoping his manners can improve before the trip. We are on the DDP and will do a mix of QS/TS. ADR day was today and this is what I have so far:

Sunday - afternoon arrival, staying at Contemporary, dinner at The Wave (ok for kids? service too slow? will they be bored?)

Monday - Epcot - Lunch at Le Cellier (want to eat there and figured lunch would be quicker/easier than dinner - is this the case? ok for 3 yo?)

Tuesday - MK+Christmas Party at night - Lunch at Skipper Canteen (not thrilled with TS options at MK so might bag this one all together and just do all QS. Also don't know whether we will need a break in the afternoon before the party which could make reservations tricky. Any suggestions for other TS options? Dinner instead of lunch? All QS?)

Wednesday - HS - Chef Mickey's for a late breakfast (sleep in!), Minnie's Dinner/Fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine (I don't love the time I got and am curious to know whether or not we need the Fantasmic package? Seems like it does save time which is a huge plus but are that seats that much better? Does it really fill up early each night?)

Thursday - AK - Lunch at Tusker House w/ ROL package (Again, don't love my time slot and curious to know how much the package helps with ROL? Do we need it?)

Friday - MK - BOG breakfast - We depart that night so was happy to score an ADR!

Any other TS suggestions? Anything that I am missing out on or should just skip? TIA!

As Hopefully pointed out, based on the meals you have booked, you are using 7 TS credits when you will only have 5 TS credits on your DDP. Unless you want to pay out-of-pocket for a few of these, this is what I would do:

Sunday - go to Chef Mickey's instead of The Wave. If you are concerned your kids will be bored at the Wave (which they may be), I would put Chef Mickey's here

Monday - Le Cellier is good (it's 2 TS credits as an FYI), but it's a signature, so not necessarily the quickest meal in EP. There will be plenty of people there with younger children. Only you know how well your 3-year old might do there.

Tuesday - because you are doing a 2 TS at Le Cellier and aren't thrilled with the TS in MK, I would just do QS on this day and keep your day flexible.

Wednesday - H&V - keep the Fantasmic package.

Thursday - TH - keep the ROL package so you don't have to wait in the standby line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter