help with MDE - merging guest?

kgou

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this is something I am overthinking but I find MDE really not intuitive at all.

Typically, I have managed plans for our family (me, my husband, and our two kids) so my husband's profile is one I created in my own MDE. My husband has since created his own MDE account and now I am wondering if I can merge the profile I have for him in my account with the account he created? All of his magic bands and future plans are associated with his profile on my account and I'd love to not lose all of that data/have to re-add everything to his profile. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this, or do I need to chat with Disney to do this?

I'm sure this is something I am overthinking but I find MDE really not intuitive at all.

Typically, I have managed plans for our family (me, my husband, and our two kids) so my husband's profile is one I created in my own MDE. My husband has since created his own MDE account and now I am wondering if I can merge the profile I have for him in my account with the account he created? All of his magic bands and future plans are associated with his profile on my account and I'd love to not lose all of that data/have to re-add everything to his profile. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this, or do I need to chat with Disney to do this?
We had this happen with family last year. It took a call to IT to straighten it out. There’s a new button in MDE to ‘self’ merge accounts.

If you go into WDW - My Plans - MDE (or use MDE app maybe) and hover over Friends and Family:

IMG_0796.jpeg

Then click on the duplicate account, a button should pop up to merge.

If you end up needing to call, IT is the extension you’ll need. They were quick to help us. It took about 15 minutes altogether.

I agree MDE tends to NOT be intuitive. When we last went to Disney with some other relatives, we THOUGHT everyone else had properly setup their accounts the same way and had shared 'friends' (or whatever Disney calls them), but things worked differently for some of us. We eventually called Disney rather than wasting hours of our own time with the 'try this, try that' method. The Disney phone person was very helpful and could see something about how the account was setup that we couldn't see. They fixed whatever was wrong (Disney IT tends to always be glitchy) and it worked fine after that.

I’ve called Disney IT multiple times at (407) 939-4357, and they’ve always been very helpful and courteous. If you can’t merge yourself as described above, don’t hesitate to call them!

Oh my gosh, WOW! I had no idea this was an option ...I don't remember seeing this last time I attempted this. I will try and report back!! Thank you @Genie+!
We had this happen with family last year. It took a call to IT to straighten it out. There’s a new button in MDE to ‘self’ merge accounts.

If you go into WDW - My Plans - MDE (or use MDE app maybe) and hover over Friends and Family:

View attachment 859788

Then click on the duplicate account, a button should pop up to merge.

If you end up needing to call, IT is the extension you’ll need. They were quick to help us. It took about 15 minutes altogether.

Thank you, Carolyn! I am going to try to do it myself and see if I have success but if not, will call IT.

After I figure this portion out, next on my list is the DVC login ...my husband didn't have his MDE account when we bought our first contract. The contract is in both of our names but we used my email for both of our names. I would love for him to be able to access the DVC login under his own login and then get the DVC-Y card. Do you happen to know if members service would be able to update that piece, or would that be an IT call as well?
I’ve called Disney IT multiple times at (407) 939-4357, and they’ve always been very helpful and courteous. If you can’t merge yourself as described above, don’t hesitate to call them!

glad to hear IT was helpful and got it resolved! And agree, I've very tech savvy but something about the friends/family list etc etc is very confusing to me!

I agree MDE tends to NOT be intuitive. When we last went to Disney with some other relatives, we THOUGHT everyone else had properly setup their accounts the same way and had shared 'friends' (or whatever Disney calls them), but things worked differently for some of us. We eventually called Disney rather than wasting hours of our own time with the 'try this, try that' method. The Disney phone person was very helpful and could see something about how the account was setup that we couldn't see. They fixed whatever was wrong (Disney IT tends to always be glitchy) and it worked fine after that.

Thank you, Carolyn! I am going to try to do it myself and see if I have success but if not, will call IT.

After I figure this portion out, next on my list is the DVC login ...my husband didn't have his MDE account when we bought our first contract. The contract is in both of our names but we used my email for both of our names. I would love for him to be able to access the DVC login under his own login and then get the DVC-Y card. Do you happen to know if members service would be able to update that piece, or would that be an IT call as well?
I need to fix my DVC account too. Somehow my DVC got connected to my son’s MDE, and his DVC connected to my MDE. I think the order of documents somehow crossed the membership numbers or something? I’ve keep putting it off lol. We all just use DH’s account most of the time anyway 🤣 Hope we both have an easy fix here.

I'll report back with what I find out once I tackle this step!

We're together most of the time in the parks but sometimes will split to tackle different rides with the kids, so would be nice for him to have his own DVC-Y card in case he's persuaded by one of our kiddos to do any shopping 😉 we've found enforcement of the DVC-Y to be really strong for the discounts but I know others have had different experiences!
I need to fix my DVC account too. Somehow my DVC got connected to my son’s MDE, and his DVC connected to my MDE. I think the order of documents somehow crossed the membership numbers or something? I’ve keep putting it off lol. We all just use DH’s account most of the time anyway 🤣 Hope we both have an easy fix here.

As far as fixing the DVC login, I’d start with MS. They might have to send him an activation code - and his member ID if you don’t have it!

success with the first step! thanks to @Genie+'s help I was able to connect the profile I had for my husband with the profile he had created in his own MDE account. Had NO idea it was going to be this easy and I'm convinced Disney has improved this since the last time I attempted this.

next up, the DVC portion. will report back on that. thanks again to those on this thread for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter