Help with lost FP due to weather postponed trip

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
Just got text from friend that I was helping plan a trip for that his flight was cancelled due to the noreaster up here. They were able to reschedule trip for several days from now but the new trip only overlaps one day with the old dates resulting in him having lost every planned FP. Obviously, especially holiday week, this will make a huge different with the trip.

The guest services person who helped them rebook the hotel and tour said they couldn't do anything about FP. Any suggestions or is he really lost?

Almost want to recommend completely rebooking trip. To go this week having lost the ability to pre-book FP is really bad . . .

The best advice is for him to try getting single fast passes at close overlapping times for each person in his party. Also some times if you scroll through & try the 1/2 hour increments on the FP site or app times will show up that didn't when you choose the generic morning, afternoon & evening options.

Just got text from friend that I was helping plan a trip for that his flight was cancelled due to the noreaster up here. They were able to reschedule trip for several days from now but the new trip only overlaps one day with the old dates resulting in him having lost every planned FP. Obviously, especially holiday week, this will make a huge different with the trip.

The guest services person who helped them rebook the hotel and tour said they couldn't do anything about FP. Any suggestions or is he really lost?

Almost want to recommend completely rebooking trip. To go this week having lost the ability to pre-book FP is really bad . . .

Unfortunately, they are lost. I think your idea of completely rebooking is a great idea. The days leading up to and following Easter will be some of the busiest of the year.

While sometimes guest services will help give you anytime FPS, that is usually a special circumstance depending on the CM. Due to Irma, we lost our FP for 2 days; most I was able to work around due to low crowds, but I was bummed to lose a FoP. When I visited AK, I stopped at guest services at the entrance and a CM gave us each an anytime FoP FP. But I think your friend should not count on anything like that. If they can completely reschedule, it’d probably result in a more enjoyable trip rather than the stress from this rushed one.

Update - I called Guest Experiences on his behalf as he was dealing with so much else. While there was nothing they could do for Flight of Passage (which didn't surprise me), they did give his family a couple of anytime FP for each day of the trip with the typical exclusions. I thought that was very nice of them. That will really allow not to worry as much about trying to replace some of the harder rides to get or not worry as much about not being able to get a lot of morning FP. Guest Services was able to help them reschedule their tour and either reschedule their restaurants or help them find replacements. I suggested to them for FoP to get on line right at closing a night or two (they're definitely not hour before rope drop people!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter