• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with lock off, not sure of configuration

katmittens

OKW Owner
I'm usually not concerned with a lock off or not when we stay in a two bedroom, but I need to book a room tomorrow and I have a choice between a lock off or not can someone refresh my memory on the difference. Last time I thought I booked a lock off but there was only one door into the room from the outside. It did not make a difference to me then but now I need to know.

Depends on the resort. In general. a lock-off will have a queen + sofa bed and a kitchenette in the "second bedroom," as it is actually a studio. There will be a separate entrance available to that bedroom from the resort hallway. A dedicated will have two real queens in the second bedroom, no kitchenette.

OKW still has two queens in the second bedroom, either way.

A lock off will always have two external doors. If it didn’t have 2 external doors you couldn’t lock it off into 2 individual units. Both the studio portion and the 1 bedroom have to have external access to be a 2 BR lock off that can be rented independently.

How about in Vero Beach, we had a bed and couch but it was not a lock off.

Vero Beach is unique in that the dedicated 2BRs have a couch and bed in the second bedroom. I don't know why Disney went that route when the 2 beds in the second bedroom was very popular at OKW and they are essentially the same floorplan with the exception of the Inn rooms.

Thanks did get my 2 bedroom lock off today for son' s December wedding at Vero. I have already booked second part of trip at OKW but I'm trying for Kidani instead if not I will keep OKW and go on waitlist for BLT and Kidani. I know I'll need some luck for the second half, but my main thing was Vero so I'm happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter