• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with digital cameras at WDW

dutton

Mouseketeer
We just purchase our first digital camera. I want to take it with us on our trip in Dec. Hopefully I'll be well trained in the use of it. However, it comes with the smartmedia card and the one I have will hold 49 pictures. I know it can be erased and reused, but since we will have no computer in WDW do I buy more smart cards or do they sell ones that have a larger capacity. Please excuse my ignorance on this. Hopefully, I'll think this is a stupid question by the time we go!!

Depends. I have a 64MB card and with a setting of HQ I get about 141 pictures of very good quality on mine. They usually sell them with a 8 or 16 MB card and you upgrade from there. Hope this helps..smjj

I would suggest looking at sale papers for Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples, Circuit City, Wal Mart, Target and you can get larger cards at a good price. If you belong to a COSTCO, BJ's Wholesale Club or a Sam's Club they have them also. I was able to get a 256MB card at Best Buy for about $130. That was a sale. I would look for sales and price them. Good Luck.

You can also find great deals on eBay. I purchased a 256MB Ridata card for $115 (including shipping) a couple of months ago. I'm sure you can find even better prices today. Enjoy the world of digital photography!

You can also find a Microtech Smartmedia card at SmartBargains.com. They have a 128MB card for $69.99.
http://www.smartbargains.com/prod.asp?deptId=2&catId=29&prodId=2080118389

Costco.com also has Sandisc 128MB Smartmedia cards for $54.99 and I believe they also have them in the stores as well. http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=subcat.asp&catid=79&subid=2109&hierid=2245&log=&NavTop=
This is an incredible deal, if you ask me, although I haven't shopped around for this in quite a while so prices may be even better elsewhere.

Just thought I would pass on the word. Happy shopping!

dutton,
There is also a gadget called The Digital Wallet
link to review of digital wallet--note this review is about a year old and I've seen the digital wallet in larger storge sizes of 10 and 20 gig The cool thing is you can use it for other temporary storage, too.

link to digital wallet

Anyway, this might be an alternative to buying lots of flash memory cards. My experience with bringing my laptop to download the flashcards each night, I can get by on 2 128 mb flashcards (I have a 3.2 megapixel camera and save pics at high resolution--that's about 100 pictures each card). Before getting my digital camera, I could not imagine taking that many picutures each day--but, why not? If they don't turn out, you just delete them! I love my digital camera. I started taking pics with it in March and so far, I've taken close to 1200 pictures. Have fun with your camera.

-DC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter