Help with counter service meals at MK!

Atrain13

Mouseketeer
So we are spending 2 full days at MK and each one we have our dinner plans made, CRT and Hoop Dee Doo. We're on the dining plan and looking for CS places to eat. One is Casey's Corner and I'm probably leaning towards BoG, which we haven't done before. How is the food there and is there plenty of seating for lunch?

I don't know why I'm not sold on BoG for lunch but I'm just not. With that said there also isn't a ton of options at MK CS either. CHH is pretty good but my wife wasn't blown away and I'm not sure if Sunny Eclipse is enough entertainment to make us go to CR.

Any help would be great, thank you!

I like the food at BOG and, since they implemented an ADR system to limit the number of people who go in at any given time, you will be able to find a table. If you choose BOG, I would just highly recommend that you pre-order as the line to order inside the castle can get really, really long. We've enjoyed Pinocchio's in the past. It's nothing special, but perhaps take a look at the menu to see if it's to your liking. We like watching the small world boats go by while we eat lunch.

If alcoholic drinks are important, I believe BOG is the only CS in MK that offers alcohol. They have some really good choices of drinks too! The grapefruit beer is super refreshing, as is their lager...Kronenbourg I think? We visit here at least once every trip for lunch due to the atmosphere, the option to preorder which basically means no waiting in line, and the service set-up.

The CS restaurants at the monorail resorts are a good option as well.

I've been to BOG for lunch more times than I can count at this point.
Can you tell I like it? haha.
I would recommend it.
It is a good use of a QS credit if that makes any difference.
You can also have an alcoholic beverage if that interests you.
I enjoy the atmosphere and I like the Ham and Cheese sandwich as well as the strawberry cream cheese cupcake which you can use a snack credit on.
There are plenty of seats and since making an ADR is highly encouraged Disney can easily maintain the parties to tables ratio.
Be sure you're making an ADR and preorder. If you don't have an ADR you may not be able to walk up the day of and if you don't pre order you'll have to wait in a long line to order.

I also enjoy Cosmic Ray's.
I love the grilled chicken club sandwich and the toppings bar to dress it up.
Regardless of Sunny Eclipse I enjoy eating there.

Our go-to CS at MK is Columbia Harbor House. We like to sit upstairs and eat in the area that looks out onto the walkway below and the Haunted Mansion area. It’s much quieter upstairs and there’s a bathroom, too. We’ve never had a bad meal here - it’s mostly seafood and we find it filling.

If you've never been to BoG before, I'd do it at least once! The theming is absolutely fantastic. Yes, it's a madhouse during QS hours, and there's something about the vaulted ceilings and open space of the venue that magnifies sound even more, but it's absolutely beautiful. I'd definitely spend some time walking around and appreciating the different rooms.

The food also isn't bad at all! My entire family really enjoyed the meals we had there.

We really like BOG and it is a good use of a CS credit on the dining plan. We also really like Columbia Harbor House.

Columbia Harbor House is always one of our go-tos for QS on one of our MK days. BOG is another one that I always pick up a lunch ressie for too. I would highly recommend BOG lunch if you haven't tried it before. It feels like a TS location if you preorder in advance because you are not having to lug your food around other people trying to find a table. Your food finds you once you sit down, which I find to be a nice feature. My husband also had the grilled chicken sandwich at CR last week and raved about it---it was the one QS meal we had all week that he was still talking about later that night at dinner. lol Casey's is great too---but I tend to stray from it because it gets crowded fast and there isn't a ton of indoor seating which I find that my family needs to get a break from the heat midday so we can keep going through the afternoon.

We enjoy CHH as DH likes the shrimp, CR as we like the toppings bar and you can easily have enough to split a meal and Pinocchio village Haus we liked the flat breads there.
Never done Pecos Bills but gonna try and squeeze it in this trip.
Never done BOG for lunch but we’ve done the TS dinner and CS beakfasf. Both meals were good and as PPs have said it is loud but so very pretty and nice to see it.

BOG is a great use of a QS credit. I like the lunch there. Columbia Harbour House is another great choice too.

Another vote for Columbia Harbour House. Good food and they also have 2 floors of tables, to accommodate everyone.

While we like CHH and don't find a couple others in the park terrible, I suggest maybe leaving MK one day and trying a resort QS for lunch. WL is my favorite resort so I 2nd Geyser Point; Capt. Cook's at the Poly also has some great options :)

Check out some YouTube reviews from DIS Unplugged they can help you get a feel for things as well. They may have different taste than you remeber.

I'm not sure if this counts as CS, but the sweet/spicy chicken waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow is my new favorite thing at MK!

Our favorite counter service places in MK are Pecos Bill and Columbia House. I would suggest that you get there toward the start of the lunch service as they both get busy quickly.

I love BOG for lunch- we always go at least once during our trip (usually our last MK day). Just remember if you want to go to BOG even for lunch you still need an ADR.

Other than BOG, Pecos Bill's is a favorite- the food is pretty good and they give you a ton of food- 2 adults can easily share a fajita plate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter