Help with connection from DFW to MCO

Mrs Dazzle

<font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto
Hi - we're looking at a flight with American Airlines in october flying from London to Dallas Fort Worth and then onto Orlando Intl. This will be our first 'indirect' flight over the pond , but can anyone help with information on what terminal we would fly into and out of at DFW - how long is it likely to take to clear immigration to connct to our next flight (want to make sure there's enough time) -any tips very much appreciated really!

Thank you:)

Hi! I work for American and can tell you that you will arrive into DFW in Terminal D. Customs/Immigration will take you at least 45 mins to clear and then a connection out of Terminal A or C, most likely C. The D Terminal is new and there are new terminal trains to get you from one terminal to another. They are elevated and move ALOT faster than the ones that were removed. Plus you depending on the weather you can see Dallas and Fort Worth in the distance.

I would plan at least 2 hour connection at least. Lots of food choices in the terminal too.

If you have the option, it may be better to connect at DFW in the morning. DFW has been experiencing freaky weather on and off since late December, but it is more typical for the bad weather to set in later in the day.

After an unexpected 6 hour layover at DFW when we returned from MCO on our way to LAX in early May due to a missed connection, my husband has declared DFW to be a "no fly zone'!

It is a big airport but the trains around it move you relatively quickly.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

Thanks for the info - this is my concern since it looks like we arrive in DFW from London at 14.20, then the flight onto MCO is 15.45 - less than hour and a half later:eek: I'll be spending all the flight over panicking!!

If you misconnect due to the airline you will be put on the next available flight. Arriving at 14:20, that isnt too bad as most of the European Arrivals come in a little later. You might breeze through Customs pretty quickly. The train to take you to the other terminals is a lot faster than the old ones. You will probably make the connection.
In October, you shouldnt have the problems with the T-Storms like we have now.

One thing you might find helpful is to study the airport or print a map to have in your hand as you land. I think I remember the website being DFWairport.com. I believe American Airlines has a good map on their site as well. I find it takes the edge off of a tight connection in an unfamiliar airport. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone - thanks again for all the tips, my mind is slightly more at least now. I just keep reminding myself it'll all be worth it when we get to Orlando:cool1:

Siouxstone - thanks, problem is I reckon that's what got me frazzled in the first place - when I checked the DFW website and saw how absolutely HUGE it is;) :scared1: And I thought Heathrow was big . . . . .Thanks again, what would I do without you guys:hug:

[Siouxstone - thanks, problem is I reckon that's what got me frazzled in the first place - when I checked the DFW website and saw how absolutely HUGE it is;) :scared1: And I thought Heathrow was big . . . . .Thanks again, what would I do without you guys:hug:[/QUOTE]

Well, we do like things bigger here in Texas! When I was young, I flew between DFW and Atlanta-Hartsfield a lot! I never knew what the big deal was, I thought all airports were that big.:confused3 It still seems odd to use a smaller airport. Last January, we flew in to John Wayne/Orange County for our Disneyland trip and I remember thinking "Where's the rest of the airport?":lmao:
I'm sure you'll do fine! All the hassle will be well worth it. Just keep your eye on the prize :smickey: Oh, and I hope your not herding cats (my term for trying to get my extended family through an airport/mall/Wal-mart, as they are easily distracted by shiney objects:sad2:) Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter