Help with Churro Challenge

SeaPic

Mouseketeer
Headed out soon on a Mother and Son (14) trip to WDW. He is a big fan of Disneyland churros! I thought it would be fun to find the best in WDW and try any special churro treats (ice cream sandwich and churro bites I’m talking about you!)

Where do you think the best churros are? Any churro treats we shouldn’t miss?

Sadly WDW isn't the churro wonderland that Disneyland is, but the ones at Nomads Lounge in Animal Kingdom are definitely our favorite. They are a bit on the fancier side, but come with great strawberry and vanilla dipping sauce.

Morimoto Asia also has homemade ones that come with nutella and vanilla cream, but we haven't had them.

Sadly there’s not a huge selection of churros around WDW. The ice cream sandwich from sleepy hollow is so good. Nomad lounge in AL also does churros with dipping sauces. Otherwise most of the churro choices are of the classic variety from carts.

That is sad! Is there a better cart/park for the standard ones? He definitely has his favorite DL cart. My daughter got one at DHS over the summer and it was, well not good.

That is sad! Is there a better cart/park for the standard ones? He definitely has his favorite DL cart. My daughter got one at DHS over the summer and it was, well not good.

I had the churro at Dino Diner on 12/24 and it was nothing to write home about.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/dino-diner/menus/

It was lukewarm and cardboard-y and came with hot fudge sauce that is the same as what would be served on an ice cream sundae. It was fine, but not worth the $6.28 incl tax. I found this blog from last year. Sounds like the Mexico pavilion in Epcot may be a better bet. I vaguely remember trying a churro from La Hacienda back in 2015, but again I think it just tasted normal and wasn't the best quality. I wish you and your son luck.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/12/disney-parks-churro-palooza/

I hope to someday try the churro challenge at DL. I know I'd love it.

Pretty much all the carts have the same ones, which are not as good as Disneyland. No special flavors or anything.

You could always try a challenge of all different snacks? Funnily enough, the Mickey Bars are better at WDW-well at least they aren’t frozen solid! Instead just the perfect amount of cold to be soft ice cream to bite into!

Thanks for all the input. I’ll give him the info and let him decide if he wants to stick with churros or try something different in each park.

Disney food blog made a you tube video with an Epcot candy challenge that was very fun and a way to try candies from around the world. There were suggestions of candy to buy in each country. We had a blast with this in August and this would be something unique to WDW vs DL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter