HELP with booking rides using DAS Pass/GENIE+

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
Good Day!
My trip is fast approaching in 2 short weeks. We have only 2 days at the parks as we are visiting prior to our cruise. Our arrival night we will knock out MK with our MNSSHP tickets. The next 2 days (FRIDAY/ EPCOT reservation) SATURDAY/ DHS reservation) I have the following must do's / wishes to do for rides:
EPCOT: Rattatoullie, Frozen, Guardians) I have a DAS pass prebooked for Test track and Mission Space already.
DHS: (DAS PASS prebooked for Slinky Dog Dash and Toy Story Mania)
Rise of the Resistance
Mickey Minnie Runaway railroad
Would like to do: Rockin rollercoaster
and TOT (only 3 of the 4 of us like this one

The only ILL I would like to have to buy if needed are RotR and Guardians, the others I hope to be able to book somehow with either DAS or GENIE + return times.
What's the best way to organize my bookings to ensure I get in my must do rides??
I am staying onsite at YC October 7&8th

Thanks for any advice!

Now, don't take this the wrong way because I'm the queen of this particular behavior, but you're overthinking this!

DAS is truly simple to use and you'll be fine getting everything you want accomplished. I'm assuming you are rope dropping both days to maximize park time. Is that right?

EP: Pull your VQ for Guardians at 7am. There are whole vlogs about the best way to do this. I used time.gov to know when it was exactly 7am, speedtested mine and spouses phone on and off wifi and booked on the phone with the fastest speedtest (Hubby on data). I got BG 3 on my first EP day, BG 1 on my second. When you tap into the park for RD, head to Remy and book Frozen as your first DAS once waits post. You'll be able to book right at the start of early entry, as that's when they show wait times. Remy's wait will be short and, by the time you're off, you'll be able to do Frozen. When your Guardians boarding group is called, you go to the CMs and they'll convert your VQ into a LL so you can go through the faster line. Everything else in the park is going to be easy DAS. Just pick up what you want to do next once you've tapped in and you'll most likely be ready to use your next DAS by the time you're through the LL and off the prior ride.

HS: What time do you have SDD and Mania booked? As soon as it posts a wait, you pull DAS for Rise. In the meantime, you either RD RnR->ToT or you RD railway. Just depends on when you need to be in Toy Story land. If you RD railway, pick up ToT as your second DAS. When you tap into that pull RnR ASAP and you'll still have the preshow and ride time ahead of you. You're likely going to be ready to get on RnR when you're off Tower, or you can grab a snack and will be able to use the pass soon thereafter. If you did these two at RD, then you pull railway as your second DAS and go watch Muppets if it's going to be a while before your railway, SDD, or Mania DAS time comes around.

Unless you don't get the VQ for Guardians, you should be able to rely solely on DAS and won't need to buy anything else for your touring these days.

Other thoughts:
- you said 3 of the 4 want to ride ToT and RnR, right? The DAS holder must be one of the riders to use DAS. If the DAS is the person who doesn't like the thrill rides, then definitely have the other 3 RD here
- DAS will work on your MNSSHP day, too. It will be active from the time you tap in until 6pm. From 6-7, there are no waits posted so you can't do it in the app, but the CMs at the ride or blue umbrellas can book them for you. When waits post at 7pm, DAS in the app comes back online.

Now, don't take this the wrong way because I'm the queen of this particular behavior, but you're overthinking this!

DAS is truly simple to use and you'll be fine getting everything you want accomplished. I'm assuming you are rope dropping both days to maximize park time. Is that right?

EP: Pull your VQ for Guardians at 7am. There are whole vlogs about the best way to do this. I used time.gov to know when it was exactly 7am, speedtested mine and spouses phone on and off wifi and booked on the phone with the fastest speedtest (Hubby on data). I got BG 3 on my first EP day, BG 1 on my second. When you tap into the park for RD, head to Remy and book Frozen as your first DAS once waits post. You'll be able to book right at the start of early entry, as that's when they show wait times. Remy's wait will be short and, by the time you're off, you'll be able to do Frozen. When your Guardians boarding group is called, you go to the CMs and they'll convert your VQ into a LL so you can go through the faster line. Everything else in the park is going to be easy DAS. Just pick up what you want to do next once you've tapped in and you'll most likely be ready to use your next DAS by the time you're through the LL and off the prior ride.

HS: What time do you have SDD and Mania booked? As soon as it posts a wait, you pull DAS for Rise. In the meantime, you either RD RnR->ToT or you RD railway. Just depends on when you need to be in Toy Story land. If you RD railway, pick up ToT as your second DAS. When you tap into that pull RnR ASAP and you'll still have the preshow and ride time ahead of you. You're likely going to be ready to get on RnR when you're off Tower, or you can grab a snack and will be able to use the pass soon thereafter. If you did these two at RD, then you pull railway as your second DAS and go watch Muppets if it's going to be a while before your railway, SDD, or Mania DAS time comes around.

Unless you don't get the VQ for Guardians, you should be able to rely solely on DAS and won't need to buy anything else for your touring these days.

Other thoughts:
- you said 3 of the 4 want to ride ToT and RnR, right? The DAS holder must be one of the riders to use DAS. If the DAS is the person who doesn't like the thrill rides, then definitely have the other 3 RD here
- DAS will work on your MNSSHP day, too. It will be active from the time you tap in until 6pm. From 6-7, there are no waits posted so you can't do it in the app, but the CMs at the ride or blue umbrellas can book them for you. When waits post at 7pm, DAS in the app comes back online.
Thank you sooo much for your helpful info! Toy Story Mania DAS is booked for 11am to 12:00 time slot, Slinky Dog is 1:30 pm to 2:30 time slot. They where my pre-book DAS choices. I am the DAS holder, my hubby hates drop rides, but TOT is my favourite ride, so I will definitely want to do that one multiple times if I can!
What Does RD mean besides rope drop, sorry I am confused on that acronym :P ? when you say " have the other 3 RD here"
Thanks for the MNSSHP tip, I wonder if it'll be busy enough ride lines to need to use DAS?? Is it pretty easy at the party to book those?

What Does RD mean besides rope drop, sorry I am confused on that acronym :P ? when you say " have the other 3 RD here"

It meant RD in that context, too. I was saying, if the 3 riders who wanted to do the thrill rides weren't the DAS holder, then you would definitely rope drop this area and DAS railway. But, since you are one of the riders, it comes back down to preference.

Since you don't need to be in TSL until noon, I would probably RD RnR->ToT, then head to hopefully be ready to use your Rise DAS. You pick up railway next, do low wait things while you wait for railway or TSMM times to come up, whichever is first. You can pull Smugglers as your next DAS so that you're getting everything over on that side of the park accomplished, then go back and DAS ToT for your second ride.

Thanks for the MNSSHP tip, I wonder if it'll be busy enough ride lines to need to use DAS?? Is it pretty easy at the party to book those?

Lines stay longer at Pirates, Space, Seven Dwarfs, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and (maybe?) Jungle Cruise. Those are the ones I would target for DAS and do others in standby while you wait for your next DAS return time. You book the same way during the party as during the day- the option appears when you click on the ride from the map, from the tip board, from the DAS menu, etc. The only time they are harder to book is in the 6-7pm window when wait times aren't posted.

Other thoughts:
I have to LOL at your response. I also had to double check that it wasn't me who originally posted this thread, lol. I tend to overthink and overplan everything. So, I know your response was aimed at the OP, but it helped calm me down, too. <3

It meant RD in that context, too. I was saying, if the 3 riders who wanted to do the thrill rides weren't the DAS holder, then you would definitely rope drop this area and DAS railway. But, since you are one of the riders, it comes back down to preference.

Since you don't need to be in TSL until noon, I would probably RD RnR->ToT, then head to hopefully be ready to use your Rise DAS. You pick up railway next, do low wait things while you wait for railway or TSMM times to come up, whichever is first. You can pull Smugglers as your next DAS so that you're getting everything over on that side of the park accomplished, then go back and DAS ToT for your second ride.

Lines stay longer at Pirates, Space, Seven Dwarfs, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and (maybe?) Jungle Cruise. Those are the ones I would target for DAS and do others in standby while you wait for your next DAS return time. You book the same way during the party as during the day- the option appears when you click on the ride from the map, from the tip board, from the DAS menu, etc. The only time they are harder to book is in the 6-7pm window when wait times aren't posted.
I really appreciate your comments. I have saved and printed them off to bring with me :) I appreciate the time it took you to offer me such valuable advice! HUGE Thank You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter