Help with 2 bedroom room request AK-Kidani

redmonster

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow disers,
We are having an epic trip to celebrate 60 yrs young, 52 years young as well as 1st trips for several family members including a 5 and 1 year old. So exciting. Looking for recommendations on where to request a room at Kidani. We have a Savanna room. Anyone have floor/area we should request. Currently only doing a 2 days at the parks so will have plenty of roaming time.

Thanks all....

I previously requested “close to the lobby” as the hallways are very long. I also prefer a lower floor to be closer to the animals.

Two bedroom savanna views, both dedicated and lock-off exist together throughout the entire building. No.1 request to make for any savanna view room is view of Sunset savanna. More than 80% of all savanna view rooms overlook Sunset and thus request is likely to be granted. Sunset has giraffes and zebras and is overall the better savanna at Kidani than the smaller Pembe savanna, which does not have giraffes or zebras.

Second request should be a specific location request. The Kidani building is 2/3 mile long. If you get rooms near the end of either wing, the walk to civilization -- lobby, store, pool, bus station, etc. -- can take forever. Thus, you should make a location request that will possibly avoid such long walks. However, you should likely avoid requesting close to lobby. That is the most popular request made, due to many having now experienced the buildings length when having a room far from the lobby. As a result, many have reported making that near lobby request and not getting it, but instead being put in a room far from the lobby, which happens because, if they cannot meet a location request, they do not attempt to find something close to your requested location but instead just give you any available room.

I have found the two best location requests are either: (a) close to the Rafiki elevator, which is on the north wing and provides the shortest possible trip from the building to a gate to the pool area, while making walk to lobby and bus station not very long; or (b) close to the Timon elevator, which is on the south wing, and provides quick access to the door on the second floor that gives shortest trip to the bus station from the building, while making the pool trip not very long. Both of those requests put you areas with good savanna views.

Many recommend a lower floor request for more direct view of animals. I have had both high and lower floor and consider views from either just fine --the lower one gives that more direct look at animals, but the higher floor provides a more panoramic view for watching animals both near and further away. Also, I would never make that lower floor request my first or second listed request (requests are met in order provided) in lieu of either Sunset savanna view or near one of the elevators I mention above, unless you do not mind lowering your chances of getting a room anywhere near civilization.

Note, if you have a car, you will be able to park fairly near your room regardless of room location.. Each wing has three elevator locations and the parking lot is on the first/ground floor, mainly under the building, and runs almost throughout the building.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter