• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! What are the most family friendly restaurants?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
I really need to make some PS reservations soon. We are travelling at the end of March, beginning of April, we'll probably be at all 4 parks and we are staying offsite. We have my husband and myself and 3 boys, 6-1/2 years,3-1/2 years, and 7months.

What are the best family friendly restaurants down there. We've been to Disney before, but, never with 3 kids!

Leah

Basically all of them. :) With very few exceptions, WDW restaurants are very kid-friendly. If you can give us more details, we can give you some specific recommendations. What kind of food are you hungry for? How much do you want to spend? (All Disney food is pricey, but of course, there's pricey and then there's "Oh my god - look at that total!" :) )

All the character meals are totally kid friendly. For boys, I think Chef Mickeys, Donald's Breakfastaurus, Crystal Palace, Garden Grille are some of the best ones for them. You may want to check out which characters are where here on this web site and see which ones your kids would prefer to see. All the ones I mentioned except Crystal Palace features Mickey and the gang. Crystal Palace has the Pooh characters.

Whispering Canyon and O'Hanas are great and has a focus on kids, also.

Happy planning!!!!!!!!

Are you sure you want to stay offsite? Mousesavers.com is now listing great discount codes than anyone can use!!!!

My favorite kid-friendly restaurants at WDW are:

Whispering Canyon Cafe (at Wilderness Lodge)-perfect for little boys!!!

Ohana (at the Polynesian)

Chef Mickey's (Contemporary)- you might do this on your first night

Liberty Tree Tavern (at the Magic Kingdom). If you time this right, you could eat dinner here, then step outside to wait for Spectromagic.

Garden Grill (at Epcot)
Teppanyaki (at Epcot)-lots of entertainment for the kids!!!

Sci-Fi dine In (at MGM)

Magic Kingdom:
1. Crystal Palace
2. Cinderella's Royal Table
3. Liberty Tree Tavern

EPCOT:
1. Garden Grill

MGM:
1. 50's Primetime Cafe

Resorts:
1. 1900 Park Fare at the Floridian
2. O'Hana's at the Polynesian
3. Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club
4. Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge
5. Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary (breakfast is good, dinner is awful)

As others have said, almost all restaurants except kids willingly. If I were you, ask DH (and yourself) where you would like to eat! For instance, Restaurant Akershus in Norway maybe some place YOU'D like to try - they have kid's meal, and even a troll cookie that the kids can decorate with edible paint!

Kona Cafe at the Poly is excellent! And the have super desserts that will blow your kids away!

My DS only eats the basics (chicken fingers, burgers, pizza) but he has a blast going to all the restaurants at WDW.

Now vegeterian DD is a whole 'nother Oprah . . .

Places we don't like to miss - Garden Grill, 'Ohana, Casey's, Plaza Restaurant, Sci-Fi, Tusker House

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter