Help! Weather sites contradict each other big time

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
The major weather sites contradict each other by as much as 12 degrees on any given day for the next 2 weeks. Anyone know which weather sites are usually closest to actually Disney weather?

None of them. More than 48 hours out, don't put much behind it.

I use either Weather.com or Weather bug.

But I can tell you what your forecast will be in two weeks. Low of 67, high of 81, 20% chance of rain. It'll be good in the morning until about 9am, then it'll be hot until about 7pm. Pack mainly shorts and shirts but bring a light sweater or windbreaker just in case

mynews13.com is pretty good, it's a local news channel. Someone on the Dis Unplugged podcast recommended it.

I like Wunderground, it's got lots of charts and graphs and also a function where you can see historical weather on a specific date. I used it to get a general idea of the warmest times of the days to preplan an upcoming trip by looking at the date's weather for the past 5 years.

I would check 24-48 hrs of your departure what the weather will be like. I personally use Weatherbug on my phone. My husband uses Accuweather. I like Weatherbug's Spark detector (which is for lightning) even if it isn't the most accurate (as it doesn't have my house pinpointed but uses a tower that is a teensy bit away).

Take all with a grain of salt as the weather changes from hour to hour ...

Last edited:
The major weather sites contradict each other by as much as 12 degrees on any given day for the next 2 weeks. Anyone know which weather sites are usually closest to actually Disney weather?

The answer is:

And personally, I wait closer to 36 hours prior, or even the night before.

Seriously! The forecasts before our trip 2/24 to 3/8 showed thunderstorms for half the trip, some had rain for almost all of it-we did not get one drop of rain all 13 days. The highs forecasted varied from 65 to 88 degrees, some on the same days depending on the site. We got some 86 highs and nothing below a 74. If I had to pick one, I would say weather.com was the closest.

accuweather.com was the closest when we went on our last trip, but even accuweather has problems.

Nothing is perfect, even if they bill themselves as the most accurate.

www.clickorlando.com/weather/attractions is weather specific to disney property.

as mentioned, it's only really valid 24-48 hours in advance, the weather fluctuates a lot and many of the rain storms form over central florida and they move so fast and scattered that you really can't .. basically get a rough idea from the daily and then a better look at what is going to happen from the 24 hour by hour chart that day.

reliable 14 day forecasts are like unicorns. people like them and will draw them, but in reality they are just fantasy :-)

And realize that when you are there, the weather in Epcot Future world might be completely different that the weather in World Showcase. Weather forecasts are really not something you can count on.

Yep nothing like Future World being 101 but Woldshowcase isn't. There were days when I worked that you could stand in Italy and see the line of thunderstorms end at the Odyssey bridge.

I also like WFTV- mostly because the first few weeks we lived here, they were the only one that mentioned a severe storm in my town. The others were telling how soon it would get to Daytona Beach (about an hour from then). So WFTV won our viewership. But everyone is right- anything more than about 48 hours will change numerous times before the day arrives. And as for clear in World Showcase & rain in Future World- I have had that difference between my front yard and back yard . I also like Spark by WeatherBug for nearby lightning.

as PP FL weather is so unpredictable ( I think it has major bipolar problems and really need help) I would take for cooler, warmer wet weather and anything inbeteen check the night before then when you get up, then thought out the day. and it still will be wrong

I love the quote the weather man is the only person paid to be wrong. so true for FL

It's true, those forecasts are totally unreliable and change all the time. I'd looked at the forecast a couple days before leaving last week for Orlando and it was calling for 90% chance of rain one day, but 5 hours later it had changed to 10% chance of rain. It ended up not raining at all the whole week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter