• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!! Was told we cant get into Hollywood studios.

If it makes you feel any better, there are many of us who live in different countries and have been barred from traveling to the World (or pretty much anywhere else) due to closed borders and travel restrictions for 9 months now.

Being able to go to Disney but having to miss HS still seems like a pretty great vacation from where I'm sitting ;) Hope you're still able to enjoy!

We cancelled ours an hour before the park opened in mid October.
When I went to look before I changed ours to a diffrent park HS was available so I was not alone.
That was before the changes in ROTR boarding passes, so I would think its even a better chance.
I would plan a second day a MK.. and try to change each morning. Usually AK and Epcot are easy to get

If it makes you feel any better, there are many of us who live in different countries and have been barred from traveling to the World (or pretty much anywhere else) due to closed borders and travel restrictions for 9 months now.

Being able to go to Disney but having to miss HS still seems like a pretty great vacation from where I'm sitting ;) Hope you're still able to enjoy!

Get used to it friend. By the time this runs its course traveling worldwide will be an ultra luxury as airlines will be bankrupt. Just can't stay closed forever.

Many of us from different states in the US can’t travel either. Employer & state quarantine & testing requirements have prevented lots of us from traveling too. I’ve had to cancel 3 trips so far & I’m about to cancel the 4th. So I understand!

Keep checking and check while you are there.
Personally we booked 2 days there in case we didn’t get a boarding group and when we did get one and did everything we wanted our first day we cancelled the 2nd day.

At this point I dont care what day we get in. I just want to get into the park to check out all the new stuff. Has been about 4 years since we went so all the star wars things and toy story is new to us. It would still be a good time but not getting in to see all that would be par for the course for this year. Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone decides to cancel and we can sneak in.
Whatever you do make sure you cancel a park pass in case one for HS pops up. It won’t allow you to book it if your ticket days are full. So you can be ready to pounce lol.

Many of us from different states in the US can’t travel either. Employer & state quarantine & testing requirements have prevented lots of us from traveling too. I’ve had to cancel 3 trips so far & I’m about to cancel the 4th. So I understand!
Just canceled trip #4 (3 Disney and 1 Universal). DD’s whole class is quarantined, and I’ll be releasing reservations for 11/11-17 (2 days are DHS).
I’m torn between rebooking for January because I really want to get down, and just giving everything time to get better. Canceling is so depressing that I’m not sure I want to risk it again so soon.

Just canceled trip #4 (3 Disney and 1 Universal). DD’s whole class is quarantined, and I’ll be releasing reservations for 11/11-17 (2 days are DHS).
I’m torn between rebooking for January because I really want to get down, and just giving everything time to get better. Canceling is so depressing that I’m not sure I want to risk it again so soon.

Boy I sure understand. Ours is Nov 27- Dec 3. I’ll probably give it another week, but with cases skyrocketing, I really can’t see how we could go. Our next trip is 4 nights in mid March for our DS’s 40th. And then we have a week booked in April. One of those has to happen, right? 🙏🏼 🤞🏼

Get used to it friend. By the time this runs its course traveling worldwide will be an ultra luxury as airlines will be bankrupt. Just can't stay closed forever.
How true. We normally drive down from Canada to save on airfare. Can't imagine what the prices will skyrocket to now.

Currently, I'd just be happy if they opened our land border so people could at least drive to a vacation destination. :(

Just keep checking as often as you can, you'll find one eventually. Last time we were in the parks I would check for FP availability constantly and managed to land every one we wanted, even with as short a window as that morning. It took effort and diligence, but it's doable. Good luck!

Also, for anyone else losing hope, I was just able to add DHS to our park passes for Thanksgiving week. Even though it was all yellow. I agree with keep refreshing. I was only trying to add one person and maybe that helped. So might consider adding one person at a time if you're having a hard time. Select one person, refresh, refresh, refresh, success. Move on.

Wife and I and two daughters had a royal caribbean cruise set for Dec 13th through the 19th that got cancelled on us on Monday. We decided that we would do a last minute Disneyworld vacation instead. Booked a room at Swan for Dec 13th through 19th with 7 day passes to the parks. Called today to the Disney hotline because the My experience app was not taking our confirmation number. Got that all squared away but now have been told that Hollywood studios has no park passes for the whole week we are going. Uhhhhh.... Can 2020 just end already. Anyway, do we still have a shot at getting in there? How often do people drop their reservations? Do I just have to be on the site at the time they are doing it in order to get in? Any info you can give me on how this works would be appreciated.
You might get one now - there is availability for your dates

I booked a trip for THanksgiving last week and it showed MK as being at capacity online for Thanksgiving and HS being booked all the other days. Despite seeing that, when I booked and went online to reserve parks, ALL of the parks came up for EVERY day as an option for me so I was able get MK on Thanksgiving and HS for the day I wanted. There are only two in our party.

Disney is expanding to 35% capacity now so that is probably why dates have opened. That whole week is still green for now.

Yes! Check! Check! Check! I booked a trip a week in advance and after checking obsessively was able to book two days at HS. It's possible! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter